Any better or worse

• Choose xX Alex Xx Life
    16 years ago

Do you believe that any poet is any better or worse than another?

I believe that every poet has the same abilities, its just trying to express yourself in a written form that casts out different types of poetry.

xxx alex xxx

• Independence Forever
    16 years ago

The victory goes to the one that perserveres, the one that works hard day and night trying to be better than the next guy.

• Keath
    16 years ago

I do believe that every poet has his own qualities and style, but not every person that writes poetry is immediately a poet. A lot of "poems" are plain junk.

• Gary Jurechka
    16 years ago

Although I agree with some of the points others have expressed here I think this question or rather the answer, is like musicians or artists or fiction writers or athletes or any number of things- I believe some are more talented than others. Whether this is because they really try harder, are more serious or if they are naturally talented and just have a 'feel' for it. Is it genetics or enviroment? Education or experience? Knowledge or emotion? All of these are moot points. There is a difference. Talent, emotion, thought, vocabulary, imagery, use of forms, voice, style, experience and of course personal preferences/tastes-all these figure in as to why some are better than others. We can't all be the best at everything-some are better at some things than others are. That's life and so why analyze it? I've been both an extensively published poet and also an editor in the small literary presses for over 18 years now and have read literally thousands of poems. Trust me-like anything else-there are good poets and bad poets. The opinion is in the eye of the reader.

Write On,

Gary Jurechka