I can't write about being happy

• ShAtTeRrEdTeArZ
    19 years ago

Hey,
    My name is Jessie. I have this weird thing about depressing poems like the ones I write. That and dark gloomy ones. I can't write about being happy for some reason. Do you think it's because I am not truly happy? Because I have to feel strongly about something to write about it. I don't know. All the happy poems I write sound stupid. Plz help.
    Jessie

• Erica Brown©
    19 years ago

I don't write happy poems anymore either..
    But hey I also cut myself....
    What's your excuse?

• Tiny Reader
    19 years ago

I think it's cause when you are happy, you can only really describe it as happy!(if you get what I mean)Pain is more deep than happiness and it makes you think more about your life and so on

• HeAvENLy UniQue
    19 years ago

Sarah~ not to blow up your bubble of opinion, but your wrong. When you are happy~ you can aswell write up a deep poem of happiness of feeling lifted up and free etc etc. Happiness though not easy- can also be expressed. And the reason it might seem hard for people to really write up a happy poem is really because they are not fully happy. Me for example. I can't seem to write up a poem of happiness simply because I'm not fully happy. But there are people I know that are happy, that can.

Luv CyN

Just thought that should be said!!

• Kevin
    19 years ago

I know what you guys mean....the thing of it is, who needs to explain and understand happiness? It's so natural and to be blunt, when i'm happy i ain't sitting around thinking all that much about my life....i'm doing things, kissing things and you know...living.

But when the darkness hits...aw man i need to explain and rationalise it all to hell!

• ~*^*~ longing to belong ~*^*~
    19 years ago

i agree with all of you who think that when you are happy it is more interesting to be doing soething else x

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

If the best and most effective kind of poems that u write r depressing, then that's great! just make sure to have a li'l happiness sometimes 2! lol

-Rach

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    19 years ago

Its Normal i Write Sad Poems Because They Come From The Heart If You Write About Something You Dont 100% Feel Its Probably Not Going To Be a Good Poem Because The Best Are Heartfelt xoxo-Nikkixoxo

• StarvingForPerfection
    16 years ago

I'm the same way. All my poems are about something depressing, or someone dying.

• Kelsie
    16 years ago

Everyone has a specific type they are good at i think. like for me. i always end up writing about love poems for some reason.

• kitkat girl
    16 years ago

Ya, I guess you have a kinda of poetry your good at. I at first thought poetry was only dark and gloomy so I would only write about that kinda stuff. Pretty soon though, I worked at writting happier poetry and then it came a little easier.

• Fan Angeleo
    16 years ago

Your poems are yours to treasure Jessie. If you like sad poems there is nothing wrong with that, even if you try to write a happy poem and it still comes out sad, it's what your poem can do for you on the saddess day that matters. Wow this was done a long time ago, surely you are much happier now.