why cant i do it ?

• juzzer
    19 years ago

i was just wonderin.
    usualy i could think of things to write about.
    but
    once i tried writing a dark poem ..
    or something unhappy..
    i couldnt think of how to put it in words.
    er.. i was wondering how you guys do it ?
    thanks...

-jUzzer

• Ariana Moreno Covarrubias
    19 years ago

to be honest we write unhappy poems when we feel unhappy.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

it is harder to write about something you aren't feeling. It is possible, but it takes a considerable amount of thought. If you really want to write a dark poem, then I would suggest brainstorming things that scare/bother you, and reading Edgar Allan Poe's short story "Fall of the House of Usher." Maybe some of his poems too, like "Conqueror Worm" and "Bells."

• AGirlWorthFightingFor
    19 years ago

Well, after reading your posted poems, you seem to be able to atleast grasp depressing subjects. Bad things do happen to you, so, good, you're human. But, you also have this optimism that is probably hindering your ability to write truly dark poetry. Optimism is not at all a bad thing to have, but if you want to expand your style, then it may need to be abandoned in your writing. Try not to let this dark style take over your life, because if you're not careful, it will.

• Janice Brown~©~
    19 years ago

This exactly what i do. it comes more naturally that way

• juzzer
    19 years ago

ah... thanks for all the comments and replies...
    ok..
    ill try my best .. and i will obviously keep it in mind that the dark side is moer powerful than one can imagine...

• SweetDreamer
    19 years ago

yah, but if you've never felt really dark emotions, how could u write them very well? i mainly stick to writing what I feel and have felt before, but if u wanna write sad or depressing ones, then that's good 4 u!

-Rach

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    19 years ago

You Can't Make Yourself Write a Poem About A Certain Experience Or Thing You've Never Been Through Dark And Sad Poems Come From Your Heart And What You've Went Through In the Past And Present...Just Write What "YOU" Feel xoxo-Nikki-xoxo

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

God... every topic I go to JustPlainMe is spreading the pessimism and negativity!!!

Anyway read dark and unhappy poems, get a feel for it, and then use one as a guide poem

Pick a dark poem that you like and try to re-phrase it into your own words.

If you post it anywhere, of course site the author, or just throw it away when your done and try to write your own.

Good luck :)