Is it wrong?

• waiting 4 some1
    16 years ago

Is it wrong to have more than one style in your poem like
    first four lines were like A A B B
    then the coming sex or four lines were like A B A B A B ans so on...is it wrong to write a poem like this? does it affect the quality of poems? please tell me your opinion

• TinyDancer46
    16 years ago

I don't think it's wrong.

You can write your poem however you want to!

• Beautiful Chaos
    16 years ago

As long as it flows together and you are happy with it, that's what matters, it is fun to experiment.

• Pete
    16 years ago

If it works for you when you read it back to yourself, then obviously its fine.

If others mis-interpret that flow ... Sod 'Em!

Have whatever you like in a poem, if you think it works .. try it.

~Pete.

• waiting 4 some1
    16 years ago

Thanks all...i appreciate your posts..i have written one but haven't post it yet it just happened by chance that it came like this but i think it works

• Cheshire Kat
    16 years ago

You can write however you want. Nobody can stop you, no matter what.

But a note: sometimes rhyming to much kills the poem if the whole thing doesn't make any sense. I get that alot..../_\"

Make sure when you rhyme that there's a flow, okay?

• Christina
    16 years ago

ITS YOUR POEM...lol so its YOUR chose....poems are YOUR emotions so you deside if you want it like that....

• waiting 4 some1
    16 years ago

^
    i guess so, you are right
    thanks all

• Mello193
    16 years ago

If it sounds ok and not sucky then yes. There's no set way to proplery write a poem. People will tell you otherwise, but what I say is true. If you like that way, then do it ^^

• Neil Marsden
    16 years ago

I suppose the real question is why do you write?
    If you are aiming to impress the 'formal poetry' set then perhaps we all need to go to university to satsify their lust for poetical correctness.
    On the other hand if you write in order to share your experiences and feelings with fellow voyagers in this life then they will appreciate what you have to say rather than how grammatically correct it might be. Some of the most amazing poetry I have come across has been from young children who know not and care little about technical skills.
    Personally I write as an alternative to cracking up so my work is purely an exercise in unloading pain. The fact that other people can relate and sometimes take comfort from my writing is truly fantastic but their comments generally relate to the content and not the structure of each piece.
    Who else can tell you how you feel?

Neil Marsden.

• Dark Secrets
    16 years ago

I dunno... it depends on you're feelings more than rules, thats what I think and sometimes the poem's better off with that style so it totally up to you

• Jodie Phillips
    16 years ago

However you feel when your writing it. You go with what you feel is right. poetry is different for everyone.

• JEFF
    16 years ago

I believe if the poem can flow, and keep you in the moment then its a good write. I hate to read poems that can't seem to keep you intrigued.

• Kenny
    16 years ago

Poems are a window to our lives... Do our lives flow in order everyday? If my life was aaa bbb ccc it would bore me to death.

Write what you want, when you want and the way you want to write it. Your words and thoughts are two things no one can take from you and are NEVER mine or anyone elses place to tell you its wrong.

K~

• Mello193
    16 years ago

No i do that all the time

• Brittany
    16 years ago

Experiment!!
    That is the best word you will ever hear. At least in this situation.
    Play with your poetry. Learn your preferences. If you like structure, then structure it anyway you like. If you like abstract, make it as abstract as you want!
    Eventually you'll learn that as long as what's in your heart is on that paper in some form or another it doesn't really matter how it's written.
    So experiment kiddo. =)

• Jordan
    16 years ago

No, it's not wrong. Most of my poems are completely disjointed when it comes to rhyming, but I've been told quite a few times now that my poetry is excellent. So keep it up, find your own little niche, and work with it. :D

-JRSP

• TheRapture03
    16 years ago

Yea, as long as you think it fits the style of your poem, then go for it

• Emilline
    16 years ago

Poetry can never be writen wrong

• kevin Boundy AKA the ghost
    16 years ago

You can have as many styles as you want in fact i think the more styles you "have" the better you are

• Kate Hicks
    16 years ago

Poetry is an expression. Even though there are rules to writing, there is no rule to say we must stick to them. I like your work. Don't change if it makes you happy.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

Write for yourself.
    Don't write for the approval of others.

• homebound
    16 years ago

^^very true^^ the thing is nothing about how you write a poem is wrong. You can never make a poem loose meaning by the style it all just depends how your feelings are revealed and the way its worded.

• azii
    16 years ago

Ive done that too. i don't think theres anything wrong with it. and i agree with two last posts