I'm Telling You, They're REAL!

• Jenni Marie
    12 years ago

Haunted houses ARE real!

How do I know this? Because I've been in one!

Taps would turn on and of, as would the tv, lights would flicker all day long, the stereo would turn itself on and play the same song over and over.

There's nothing wrong with the electricity either, I'm telling you it was a ghost!

Sometimes I see white shadowy figures but if I look to closely they tend to disappear, and when I try to leave alot of the time, the door is mysteriously locked even though I didn't lock it!

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

I do believe in ghosts

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

I have always wanted to see or catch a ghost, maybe have some tea with it, watch some Tv and just ask how the afterlife is..too bad i cant find one

• hisxgurl
    12 years ago

Lol paul.hope you find one soon *Amen ;p

• believeinlove87
    12 years ago

I believe in ghosts too.

I swear my house in texas was haunted. it was so creepy.

• Lioness
    12 years ago

Lol ok this is a freaky thread.

Yes I believe in them too.

I believe I have seen one!

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

Yes i do plan on catching one

• Blackstar
    12 years ago

Believe in them too.

Since I live in my house always stuff seemed to happen, seeing and hearing stuff.
    Shame that it became less now but now and then you still see/hear stuff around the house.
    Also my parents and brother see and hear it, so it's not just me.

Always try to seek it up over and over again, really nice to experience stuff like that.

• Ole Carsten
    12 years ago

Hi all, some believe in surreal stuff, some don't
    ghost, spirit, phantom, or worse names.

I haven't seen any, yet

Once I though I did, but it was a very slow collegue, :)

• Dark Secrets
    12 years ago

I believe in ghosts too. Really freaky to have lived in a haunted house, how was it like??

• Kevin
    12 years ago

I see silly people who don't look for normal explanations....I see them walking around like normal people.

/wink

Every single time a serious researcher or scientist has investigated a ghost story or haunted house claim, they have found nothing paranormal, and alot of normal.

Almost always, "ghosts" turn out to be a combination of fault houses (pipes, electrical items) and people with social/emotional problems, especially teenage girls.

We had a story in a local newspaper last week about a family who were convinced their house was so haunted, they wanted to move. Their evidence? Strange orbs in every photo they took inside the house which they thought were spirits of dead people.

Turns out their camera is crap and their house is full of dust.

/rolleyes.

Come on people, ghosts are for kids.

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

Kevin..Ghost might for kids but you would be surprised what people believe in nowadays...

• Rihanna
    12 years ago

I always thought ghosts r real.....

• BearAnon
    12 years ago

As a strong atheist, I do not believe in ghosts. I believe that there are phenomena that we can't always explain which could lead to paranormal activity such as 'ghosts'. Think about demonic possession. People actually believed (and in some cases they still do) that people's bodies can be enslaved by demonic entities. In my book, that's just some form of schizophrenia or another. Most paranormal occurrences can be explained scientifically, once we actually understand the nature of the science that surrounds it.

• Ronel McCarthy
    12 years ago

' I see dead people '.........I loved that movie with Bruce Willis . I think ghosts are part of the spiritual world ......some are restless I suppose :)

• Kevin
    12 years ago

What is amazing to me is how easily people accept the very unlikely explanation (ghosts) over the very likely explanation.

So taps turn off and on, get your fucking pipes checked. So lights switch off and on, or flicker....call out an electrician before you summon a priest.

So you saw a shadow or something move. Go to any optical illusion website and come to realise your brain plays tricks on you every day.

Ghosts are not real and not a single person in the whole of the world has ever been able to offer a single shred of evidence that has stood up to real investigation.

What are the fucking odds the faulty tap in your house is that evidence?

Dream on.

• H. Elizabeth
    12 years ago

My house is 101 years old. Many people say it is haunted because they hear noises, but it's not haunted. The noised are just the house shifting. It's a 3 story house, and an attic, so it's 4 stories, so yeah you'll hear noises and stuff. But it ain't haunted.

• LoveSucks45
    12 years ago

Everybody has their own opinion when it comes to the super natural. No need to get hostile throwing the f bomb around.

Not everybody thinks the way you do. You don't research the paranormal, so who are you to say they aren't real? It's YOUR belief, not every body elses.

I believe in them, so what. You don't ok that's cool.

I've seen footage and I've seen pictures that can't be faked. If your Gona be rude to every body and cussing please keep your opinion to yourself =]

• Britt
    12 years ago

HAHAHAHAHA.

I love that Jenni started this over a game in MM and it's gone this far. Tee hee. Sorry, we were bored :P

• Daisy if you do
    12 years ago

I believe in ghosts.....I do, I do, I do

• Kevin
    12 years ago

@Lovesucks45. Not a single person in the entire world has ever been able to offer one single piece of real evidence to support the reality of ghosts and haunted houses.

Not one.

Every time real research is done, nothing is found and usually really boring mundane explanations are discovered which people find harder to believe than the supernatural explanation.

I'll bet I've read more about ghosts, and the psychology of belief and wishful thinking than you've had hot dinners.

If you want to believe in something that isn't likely to be true, in the face of zero evidence, go right ahead but don't expect to be taken seriously.

• LoveSucks45
    12 years ago

Your not just trying to belittle that I believe in them, but to everybody who does you are making an arrogant jerk out of yourself.

I've experienced some myself, that can't be explained. You weren't there & I know what I felt, and what I saw.

Like I said just because YOU think they aren't real doesn't make it true.

This is my opinion and I honestly could care less about what you think.

Not trying to be rude, but when people think they know everything especially if they haven't lost someone and felt them touch you or their presence, you have absolutely NO room to talk. Or if you haven't experienced anything. Just because you think a certain way doesn't make you right.

;)

So directing towards me,
    LEAVE your opinion to yourself.
    because your making a idiotic fool out of yourself.

• Kevin
    12 years ago

There is a marked difference between a personal reality that has no basis in fact, and the reality we all share. It sounds like you are talking about really personal subjective experiences, which are totally fine for you personally.

You can't use them to try and prove anything though outside yourself.

Imagine for a second a person walking around with the absolute unshakable belief that every member of the opposite sex they met was attracted to them, totally and utterly. Nothing you said to them could change their minds because it was "their truth" based on "feelings I've had man, I just know".

So then someone does research one day and questions every person they meet, asking them how attracted to their friend they are on a scale of 1-10. The results disprove the idea, but the person isn't interested in evidence and goes on believing everyone finds them attractive.

Believe whatever you want deary, just understand tens of thousands of people have tried to prove ghosts and it hasn't happened. Serious psychologists and scientists and psychics etc.

• silvershoes
    12 years ago

I don't believe in ghosts.

I agree with Kevin and Jordan here.

I feel like a jerk sometimes when people talk about ghosts as if they're a serious subject, because no offense to people who believe in them!... but it's like an adult taking Santa Clause's existence seriously. So hard for me not to roll my eyes exasperatedly and laugh.

I know the whole experience can be deeply personal for some people, so it's insulting when people laugh at you. We "non-believers" should make a greater effort to respect your beliefs (that ghosts are real).
    However, please try to understand how much effort it takes to respect someone's belief in something that you view on the same plane as Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, and Leprechauns.

Of course, nobody REALLY knows if any of these supernatural 'phenomena' are real or not. Non-believers tend to base their views on reliable, repeatable experiments and evidence. Believers base their views on personal experience and personal interpretation of events. Who's right? Who knows? Not me.

• Jordan
    12 years ago

Defense for Kevin right here. Perhaps he was a bit too forward in his attempts to disprove some theories in here, he was in no way being a fool. Especially not an idiotic fool - that's preposterous. He's just blunt and if that offends you, so be it. Don't be name-callin'.

The mind has many ways of playing tricks on you. Think about what psychedelic drugs can do to your brain. Now realize that sometimes our brains can play similar tricks on us in the absence of any foreign substance.

There have been times when I've heard my cellphone receive text messages or felt it vibrate in my pocket, only to find that it actually didn't receive any notifications.

I've seen, heard, and felt my cat near me when she was sleeping in another room. My *living* cat. I supoose, though, that there could be a ghost cat in my house. Shit.

I literally felt my mind separating from my body once during a panic attack.

The mind is a powerful thing and under times of stress or simply through conditioning, it can perceive non-existent things. It's just a fact of psychology.

Jane: Santa Claus is real. I have no clue what you're talking about.

• ArtistrySoul
    12 years ago

Hehe lmao...............Jordan there's no such thing as Santa Claus, he has nothing to do with Christmas.

and also ghosts aren't really either, just stating my opinion as a non-believer =)

• Jordan
    12 years ago

He was totally real and has been a part of christmas for centuries!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Nicholas

• Ms Happiness
    12 years ago

I do 100% believe ghosts r real:)

• Hellon
    12 years ago

Most things have an explanation no matter how weird they feel at the time....

John Bradford, a Sydney University student, was on the side of the road hitch hiking on a very dark Halloween night and in the midst of a storm. The night was rolling on and no car went by. The storm was so strong he could hardly see a few feet ahead of him. Suddenly he saw a car slowly coming towards him and stopped. John, desperate for shelter and without thinking about it, got in the car and closed the door, just to realize there was nobody behind the wheel and the engine wasn't on!

The car started moving slowly. John looked at the road and saw a curve approaching. Scared, he started to pray, begging for his life. Then, just before he hit the curve, a hand appeared through the window and turned the wheel. John, paralysed with terror, watched how the hand appeared every time they came to a curve. John saw the lights of a pub down the road so, gathering strength, jumped out of the car and ran to it.

Wet and out of breath, he rushed inside and asked for two shots of tequila. He then started telling everybody about the horrible experience he went through. A silence enveloped everybody when they realized he was crying and... wasn't drunk.

About 15 minutes later, two guys walked into the same pub. They were also wet and out of breath.

Looking around and seeing John Bradford sobbing at the bar, one said to the other, 'Look, Bruce. There's the idiot who got in the car while we were pushing it.

• Kevin
    12 years ago

Best story every Hellon.

I remember a woman I used to work with who was convinced the hand dryer machines in the work place toilets were haunted because every night they'd turn on just before she went home. She thought there was a ghost that hated her and was communicating how happy it was she was leaving the building.

We all used to have a good laugh about it til one night I was using the toilet and avast, the fucking hand dryer, all 3 of them sprang to life without me being close to them! I must admit I got a bit of a fright.

Took me a few days to figure out they came on every 30 minutes, on the hour and every half hour. Some kind of warm up self test thing.

She would not believe me, despite my showing her in person the timing.

• ArtistrySoul
    12 years ago

This is not Santa Claus lol, saint nicholas is a Greek bishop.

st nicholas was just used as a model to create a mythical figure in what is called as 'Santa Claus'. But just to let you know this isn't the reason why Christians celebrate Christmas o_O

• ArtistrySoul
    12 years ago

Yeah i believe in Ghosts as well.........................there called Ghostbusters, 'if there's something strange in your neighborhood who you going to call GHOSTBUSTERS!!' hehe lol, no offense i had to say that lmao =)

• Jordan
    12 years ago

Bahahaha, I know! Although I didn't say anything about St. Nicholas being 'the reason' for Christmas. I just said that he was a real historical figure and was integrated into the Christian holiday a very long time ago.

I'm almost insulted that you took me seriously.

• ArtistrySoul
    12 years ago

O.O........that doesn't make any sense, you said santa claus exists and showed me St. Nicholas. It wasn't about 'the reason' into why you celebrate Christmas, it was supposed to acknowledge that SANTA CLAUS doesn't exist.

Do you even know why you celebrate Christmas, and don't even try to Google it lmao

• silvershoes
    12 years ago

Birth of Christ?
    But really, it was born out of some Pagan Holiday/festival... kind of like Easter (Pagan celebration of fertility, bringing in the new season (Spring) because rabbits (Easter Bunny) and eggs (Easter Eggs) are both symbols of fertility), so on and so forth.

Christians need to get their facts straight.

• ArtistrySoul
    12 years ago

Ah man...............silver why did you have to ruin it. and yes it was the birth of Jesus, I know that and i'm not even Christian lol

I might be wrong but what does Easter and rabbits have to do with the birth of Jesus, I don't think they come into the equation o_O

• Michael D Nalley
    12 years ago

Those who study myths very closely may discover that most of them reflect events and also shape them

• Jordan
    12 years ago

ArtistrySoul: I was joking. It was all a joke. Are you familiar with sarcasm? I was merely poking fun at people's belief in the supernatural. I apologize if I confused you.

And, again, with the insults. Yes, I know why I celebrate christmas. I celebrate christmas because it's one of the only times that I get to see my family. That and because I like getting visits from Santa, of course. Oh, and the presents. We're very greedy where I come from.

• abracadabra
    12 years ago

Much love to Jordan.

• Hellon
    12 years ago

To All Concerned (The Doubters)

Santa is real ok...let me assure you of that! Of course, we call him Nick at home and...just like any normal person he burps and farts....likes a beer or two (or three)..works his butt off for most of the year and when most are on holiday he's out there in all kinds of weather....delivering, because....that's his job!

His working attire is a singlet and shorts just like the average bloke...he has one good suit that I clean and press for him. He's an animal lover...an elf lover and my lover...sure he snores but...wouldn't you with that beard?

Anyway....off to cook my beloved's favourite dinner...pie and chips with a cold beer of course...well it is only March...plenty of time to whip the elves into shape.

Kind Regards my lovelies...

Mrs. Claus

Now about those ghosts my dears...My beloved gave me a bottle of perfume for Christmas called Ghost....so yeah...it's very real....sitting on my dresser right now :)