Do you write from your own view or from another's shoes?

• Merci Perpe
    12 years ago

Hello, I'm just curious of how many of you write from your own accounts and how many try and put yourself in someone elses shoes. I do both and don't prefer one over the other.

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

I wrote from my own view at first but i had ideas that to write stuff i have never gone through so i started putting myself in another person's view. I prefer in another person's view.

• Angel
    12 years ago

I write from both but in the end they are all based off of what i've been through

• robinhood
    12 years ago

I write from MY Mind & Heart. NOT from someone else. :)

• Robert Gardiner
    12 years ago

Depands on what I'm writing, on the voice within the poem.

• Ed or Ian Henderson
    12 years ago

I've written a couple of poems from other people's perspectives. Or rather how I think people would have a different perspective.

• ace
    12 years ago

Both

• Mello193
    12 years ago

Id say i write from mostly my own

• Decayed
    12 years ago

I'd go with 50 - 50

• Andrea broken tears
    12 years ago

Depends,on what the poems i about

• BlueJay
    12 years ago

I am one to just write. I try anything I can, so both. Though I wont pick a favorite

• Kitty Kurse
    12 years ago

At first when i had wrote my first poem, i knew that i loved to write poetry. I first starting doing it from my own view, expressing my own thoughts and feelings. I now do both but prefer to do it from my view.

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

Now am all about writing anyhow..it dont matter how i write, as long as i write it down

• king smokey
    12 years ago

I try to write poems from both perspectives... i write from others perspective when writing about things i never lived through

• Infinite Value
    12 years ago

I am an extremist so I like to write from my prospective but exaggerated

• Yrem Crish
    12 years ago

I like to write both..from my own view and other's people view...

• La Reina De Corazones
    12 years ago

Iwrite from my own insite yet it kinda tends to come out as a second point of view idk y tho....

• Mello193
    11 years ago

Well Cecilia i tend to observe that a lot of your poetry is first hand emotions? doesnt seem like its second point. i think you write right from your heart.

• Amy
    11 years ago

I personally like to do both because if you don't have much in your life to tell then there is definitely something to tell in someone else's life...
    I really just like to do both nothing more to say:)

• Baby Rainbow
    11 years ago

Most of what I write is from my own experiences and feelings, but I do sometimes write a poem from what I think is another persons view, it can be interesting.

• Darren
    11 years ago

Why not write the same poem twice from both. See which works for you.

• ArtistrySoul
    11 years ago

Sometimes it depends how you feel, you can write a certain poem from your point of view or you can portray it from another's to know what would that person feel if you said something to them or what you would feel if some girl hurt you etc

• Walter F Alvarado
    11 years ago

I would have to say both. My own experiences and people just around me.

• Amreen
    11 years ago

Both