"The horror", things from movies that still trouble you.

• CJ Maleney
    7 years ago

As the tittle suggests (for those who know it) mine comes from the movie Apocalypse Now.

It's not the scene where Marlon Brando is killed but the scene where the buffalo is slaughtered, horrific horrific horrific.

I'm not a vegetarian or anything but that scene still sticks in my head, and it's still worse than any horror movie I've ever watched

A.R

• Augustus Black
    6 years ago

Movie - The woman in black (Part I)

That movie was truely amazing and it scared me till the end. Probably I would say it's one of the best horror movie. I like how the things in the movie kept on coming out of the blue and because of that it made me jumped many times from my chair. Absolutely classical horror movie.

Ending part of the movie is my favorite, as it contains a very uncanny ending with a twist.

If you have not watched this movie, then be ready for the twist.

Part - II is also very nice

• Poet on the Piano
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Interesting topic, Aries! I have not seen that movie but from what you described about that one scene, I will stay away. I cannot do gore especially when it regards animals. Even an animal being hurt deeply affects me.

Yes, Augustus! I remember watching "The Woman in Black" back in high school. Had the whole entire house dark and it was a stormy night = great atmosphere.
    I loved it and it did a good job in my opinion. It's hard for me to find horror movies I like that don't rely on blood or cheap tricks. I started to watch the sequel but got too bored with it.

My "horror" does not include horror movies, but two movies that were hard to watch, and ones that most people wouldn't want to watch again.

1). Requiem for a Dream". I watched it many years ago and it touches so painfully on the truth of addiction and what you would do for drugs. Just the way it was shot portrays how you seem to give up your humanity and it's heartbreaking beyond belief.

2). One I watched recently on Netflix: "Hard Candy" with Ellen Page. Woah. This shocked me SO much. It's about a teenager who tries to outsmart someone she surmises is a sex offender; she "punishes" him for his perverse thoughts/actions with threats of mutilation, etc. Very crude and thought-provoking. She takes a stand for those who are victimized and sexualized, yet she resorts to torture to prove her point.

• Milly Hayward replied to Poet on the Piano
    6 years ago

When we were kids my parents had a deal going with us that on a Saturday night if we went to sleep at 6pm without any noise our parents would wake us up to watch the Hammer House of Horror movies. This was to ensure a nice quiet evening for the adults. As a result we saw lots of horror movies but the one that haunted me the most was called "Creeping Flesh" the thought of a crawling disembodied hand that would never give up but would keep coming after you until it killed you really freaked me out much more than Dracula lol.

• Milo
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

The jackal from thirteen ghosts chasing me. Ive had terrible out of body experiences when I was a kid. Believing they are just nightmares, I keep getting chased by a malevolent spirit that looks like the jackal down an old abandoned street with empty warehouses next to the rtd line in South Denver. The thing will chase me all the way back home to my childhood room and she will peek her head in the room as the door closes and smile and tell me terrible things. For unknown reasons she couldn't enter my room, which only infuriated the thing. As a kid then, I didn't understand OBEs or dreams, I thought everyone dreamt this way. I thought it was normal. I would go for weeks in OBEs thinking I'm stuck dreaming of the thing banging on my door. Now in OBEs I do not go down that street or "area" anymore bc I still remember and feel her presence/vibrations down there.

• Poet on the Piano replied to Milo
    6 years ago

^ That is powerful... and terrifying if you do not know what's going on. I can't imagine. Thank you for sharing that, Milo. I know only a few peoples who have talked about OBEs but I'm not too informed about them. That's awful you've had such terrible experiences.