Made From Stardust

• Nicko
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Ben has left again. his poem won this week..........

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/made-from-stardust-ben-dutton/1126505228

I'm assuming everybody received this PM ?

Has this anything to do with his leaving?

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

I certainly hope that's him! I've ordered it to download.

• Nicko replied to Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

Was that ordered before he left ?

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

Ben emailed me this morning and has asked me to pass this on.

He has been going through a terribly difficult time recently and I feel from his email that poetry and everything that comes with it is just a stretch too far for him at the moment.
    I know that he loved this place and many of the people on it who have always supported him and read his - quite frankly - wonderful, heartfelt poetry. In my opinion, there aren't many who can match the man for raw passion on here. He also says that for those who have his details, feel free to contact him but, for now anyway, he won't be reopening his account.

• Em replied to Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

I too got this email and its certainly him.

I am sad to see him leave. He'll be missed dearly.

• Larry Chamberlin
    6 years ago

The book on Barnes & Nobles is his. A compilation of previous material from here and some new stuff as well.

I hope Ben is able to work through his difficulties and eventually make it back here. I have full confidence in his resilience.

• Ben Pickard
    6 years ago

Lovely words, Larry, and I second that.

• Brenda
    6 years ago

I really will miss him, he's truly a talented writer. I hope he gets through the issues that are weighing him down.

• Everlasting

As always, Ben wish you the best of all.

• Michael
    6 years ago

Wonderful and very creative mind for poetry. I hope Ben you tap into your own inspiration and pull it all through :)

• deeplydesturbed
    6 years ago

I do hope hes okay. :(
    Ben thank you for the update!! However in regards to his poetry, you are high up there with him with amazing words..

I do hope he comes back

• CJ Maleney
    6 years ago

It is his work and I too will be acquiring the book so long as I can get in paper or hard back (I like paper books to keep)

And everyone relax, he'll be back at some point. Maybe not with the same name but he'll be back.

This place is too addictive, he's Arnold not the terminator. "He'll be back"

Craig

• Ren
    6 years ago

Thanks for letting us know, Ben. I was just wondering this earlier today.
    I truly hope he'll be able to work through everything he is going through and find peace and healing. He really is an extremely talented writer and will be missed around here.

• mossgirl19
    6 years ago

I was wondering what ever happened to Ben and asked Ren if she has an idea. I was looking for his poems earlier and knew his poem won but couldn't find it. At least my questions are now answered, but this is definitely sad. Going to miss his sweet love poems so much. Hoping really that he is fine and coping well.

• BlueJay
    6 years ago

This is incredible to hear, and while I am happy that this has come through for him, I am also quite devastated to hear that life got in the way of poetry for him.

• ddavidd

I noticed his madness, the madness the real souls experiance. How mad he was, I think he was holding on us, on P& Q, and most of all, on his own poetry.
    He erased all his works including his winner poem, right after his name came up, and then posted over 100 poems in few days. He is one of the most genuine souls I have ever come across in this site.

• CJ Maleney replied to BlueJay
    6 years ago

Life does not get in the way of poetry, it is poetry. Without life poetry would not exist.

Joy, pain, elation, deflation all aspects of life and part of what we write.

Poetry without life, life without poetry.

Hand in hand one cannot exist without the other.

Regards

Craig