Save your poems and quotes!

• silvershoes
    6 years ago

Just a friendly reminder that you should save your poems and quotes somewhere besides PnQ if you want to ensure you don't lose them. It is your responsibility.

Admittedly, I used to be very bad about this, but the risk is too great if you are sentimental about your work. I now save everything in Word documents. Do yourself a favor and take time to do this if you haven't already!

Best,
    Jane

• Poet on the Piano
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Good reminder, thank you! I am guilty of just typing it while I'm on-line then posting or editing through PnQ.

I keep telling myself I need to take a day (or more like week) to dedicate myself to copying and pasting to Word documents.
    It's pretty cathartic to go back and revisit old poems/emotions.

• silvershoes
    6 years ago

I had about a 100 poems on PnQ before I first started saving them on Word. It took me hours, maybe even a full day to save them all, but it was a wonderful experience going back and reading poetry from my past. Now I try to stay on top of saving my poems as I write them so it doesn't become a full day task ever again.

• Meena Krish replied to silvershoes
    6 years ago

Good reminder Jane! I write all my poems and keep it in a book so
    at least the book won't get lost! A back up copy I have on a word document
    but just for my peace of mind I write up all my poems in a book too.

• hiraeth

Hi guys!

I made a little program to help backup your poems & quotes. All you have to do is download the file, make a new folder, put the program in there, and then run the program! Once you run the program it will prompt you for the link, all you have to do is open your profile and copy the numeric part, and paste that into the program!

For instance, my profile is: http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/poets/503695/poems/latest, and then I would copy "503695" and l paste it into the program and press enter!

If my instructions still don't make sense, shoot me a PM, ill run the program for you and send you the backed up poems. :)

Notes: the program cannot back up explicit poems, because the site requires you to be logged in, and my program cannot 'login' to get access. I also cannot provide a guarantee that it'll back up all your poems without issues, so do double check.

Link to Download:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YbV3veG-ATuFDIF4PTU826WtCfX1kuCX

• abracadabra
    6 years ago

Wooooooow. Can someone please try Hiraeth's program? I don't practise sorcery.

• PnQ Mod Account

Larry, MA, and I used the program and it worked :DDDD

Mark, you're a rockstar.

-Jane/silvershoes

• hiraeth
    6 years ago

Update: Fixed a minor bug and condensed both programs into one program, now you have to just copy your numeric ID into the program and run it, see earlier post for more info!

• Sunshine replied to hiraeth

that's so cool, will give it a go now

**so it worked, said all my poems were saved, however, I feel silly as I am wondering, where are the poems saved? I am not sure how to access them, so if whoever already did it, could enlighten me, thanks :D

• hiraeth replied to Sunshine

It'll save to the same folder that the program is in: here's an example video to help clear up any confusion: https://youtu.be/CtU-UTyNsd4 (just watch the first 30 seconds)

I also sent you the backup on facebook :)

6 years ago

You are so sweet, well received, for some reason the docs were not showing up for me, but now I don't have to try :p thank youuuu

6 years ago

You are so sweet, well received, for some reason the docs were not showing up for me, but now I don't have to try :p thank youuuu