For Anyone Who's Interested

• Ben Pickard
    5 years ago

Maggie Gyllenhaal has a new film called The Kindergarten Teacher. I believe it may be just out in the States, but it's not out until Feb 19 in the UK. This is IMD's blurb.

Forty years old, stuck in Staten Island and married to a sweet but oblivious husband with kids that largely ignore her, Lisa Spinelli spends her days teaching Kindergarten with growing numbness. Her one reprieve is a nighttime poetry class across the bay in Lower Manhattan. When she discovers that a five-year-old in her class may be a poetic prodigy, Lisa becomes fascinated--then obsessed, as she struggles to protect him from neglectful parents and a plagiarizing babysitter. She soon finds herself risking her career, family and freedom to nurture his artistic promise.

• Mr. Darcy replied to Ben Pickard
    5 years ago

Wow. I really want to watch this.
    Thanks, Ben.

• Poet on the Piano
    5 years ago, updated 5 years ago

Ahh! Okay so this film was just released on Netflix within the past day or so I believe. It's the first thing you see when you're logged in. I actually had a big bowl of ice cream and was looking for an engaging movie to start last night, however, I did look up general reviews of the film.

I have heard that Maggie's acting is phenomenal, I just didn't want to watch it at the time if certain scenes are explicit or uncomfortable, I don't know. I'm not sure when I'll get to watching it, but the professional reveiws so far say it's good because it focuses on the unraveling of a character and the emotion behind that. A very challenging character with a great deal of conflict. I think it would be quite unsettling depending on how far they delve into the obsession aspect though.

• Jamie
    5 years ago

Sounds like my kind of movie.

• Milly Hayward replied to Ben Pickard
    5 years ago

Sounds like a good movie to look out for. Thanks Ben. Milly x

• CJ Maleney
    5 years ago

I seldom watch intellectual movies. I watch brain off kinda things.

I shall however seek this one purely because of your reconnection.

• Hannah Lizette
    5 years ago

I'll definitely be watching after I finish my list of spooky movies and tv shows. It's October, I gotta fit in as much horror or spooky as I can lol. But it's on my list to watch! Thanks!

• Brenda
    5 years ago

Thanks Ben- I will have to check this out.

• Em (marmite)
    5 years ago

Sounds like a good one, I'll be sure to watch it when it comes here :)