WHAT DO YOU THINK?!!!! 911

• HeAvENLy UniQue
    19 years ago

I was talking with this young teenager about the age of 15, and he isn't feeling too well that is having a hard time talking about his issues with people ,

so I told him~ "Why not write a poem about how you feel since it's hard to talk about it to someone??"

then he says~ "my life dont suck enough"

then i stay shocked.

and then he says~ "what i do to relieve my of my misery is listen to english music "

then i said ~ ur life dont suck enough? so you are saying that just because I have a passion for reading and writing poetry means my life sucks? "

now he claims he didnt say that.

so what do you people think of that?!!.....

CyN :(

• HeAvENLy UniQue
    19 years ago

awww, I know, people write of their feelings and some make up poems of other peoplez lives, etc...it's talent and passion.... thanx for the posts....

take care much love
    CyN

• unprotected lover
    19 years ago

just some poeple dont let out thier emotions through writing and that may not be a strong point of his

• Austin
    19 years ago

I think you took it too personally I think he intended it to be seen as him saying I have nothing really bad to write about in the sense that he doesnt have an extreme emmotion to bring out and if hes down about life of course hes gonna say life Sucks so dont worry about it

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Its weird to me you say this...

Please keep in my mind I am speaking only for myself and based on my own writing and experiences :o)

I write like what your friend described...when my life is crap and I'm feeling depressed or overly emotional (or crap) about something is when I write. Things can be going better and looking brighter for a few months and I don't write a piece, then as what comes up must come down, my life falls back into a clustered heap...I find myself engrossed back in poetry...strange and not the same for everyone but very true for me...

Eirisa

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I don’t write because my life sucks, per say. I think (and no one get mad at me about this) that the more talent you have the less you write for emotional satisfaction. I think that people who write poems for emotional release aren’t necessarily the ones who are good (just the run of the mill, casual poet), that’s not to say that they are bad, but poetry is a therapeutic tool that is, and should be, utilized. Its not just because your life sucks that you write, everyone can use an emotional release, maybe poetry isn’t his thing, maybe his friends think its stupid (that’s more common because he's a boy, its a societal standard/stigma). Regardless disregard his comment, let him grow up, and maybe in 10 years he will be comfortable exploring the therapeutic qualities of poetry (and other forms of art). He is young, and on top of that, a GUY. So I would talk to him again and explore some other options, if he is having a hard time its great you are talking to him. As for the comment about poetry, its not like poetry gets insulted! Its not a person, so don’t take it personally because it wasn’t directed towards you, its either a judgment or naivety, and you know what poetry offers to you, so be happy :).
    Loves, Kaitlin Kristina

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

Thank you. That means alot to me.
    Kaitlin Kristina

• Kaitlin Kristina
    19 years ago

I still think that it is a safe generalization to make, that the more talented you are the less you write for emotional satisfaction and the more you write for mental satisfaction. This has acceptions, like every other situation.
    Love Kaitlin Kristina

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    19 years ago

He Was Just To Proud To Write Poems Or Even Read Them For That Matter But Poems Is a Great Way To Vent Or Express Pent Up Feelings...i Don't Think He Meant It To Hurt Your Feelings He Just Dosen't See Your Way Of Relieving Pain And Pressure The Same Way You Do We All Are Diffrent xoxo-Nikki-xoxo