Better Or Worse

• Rachelx
    19 years ago

Yes, I do. Most of my poems are based on real life events. I think when you base it on that it make it more realistic, and you have more depth than when your making something totally fictional.

• Nici
    19 years ago

I don't think that it matters whether poems are fictional or not, as long as the poet is creative in their use of language.

• Lydia O
    19 years ago

I would agree with Nici.

• ¤©h€€®ƒüll¥♥©¥ñ!c@l¤
    19 years ago

I tend to write better when its about real life, but overall, I don't think it HAS to be inspired by real life.

• Lenee.Roca
    19 years ago

depends on what it is.. mine are all based on real events but i add on to them

• unprotected lover
    19 years ago

i really have no idea my poems are based apon my past, but to an extant my poems changed bits and pieces but it depends on your emotions during the event

• SilentSymphony
    19 years ago

Best inspired when written about real life events?
    It all depends on the event. If the person has been through it, its from their feelings. And if the person has strong feelings for the subject, and completly understands the subject then they usually can comply a poem or some sort of writting that they call their own. But if the person is simply making it up from their head, then they're the ones who are what i call, imagineiers. :p or persons whom like to imagine in a place other then their own. But if you're writting about dreams, thats something that i believe cant be explained, and is harder for another to understand. but i believe if it feels good, do it. and if you feel good about something you are going to write. then do it, whatever the case may be. and if it turns out good.... Great!... and if it turns out.. well... not so good... then, try again. because i dont believe in giving up.

forgive me for the long, extended explinations. . .
    -courtney-

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    19 years ago

Of Course Their Better When HeartFelt xoxo-Nikki-xoxo

• »«¤ß詤»«
    19 years ago

poems are best when they come from raw feeling and the feelings can be about anything so long as it comes from inside it wil do well

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Yes and no - depends on the poem and the writer and also your own interpretation of the poem in itself

• Michael W Gutierrez
    19 years ago

I think it does because you put more energy into it, and for me personally, everything tends to come out better and flow better when a poem is about my life.ALL of my poems are about real life events and people

• oOXkonnXOo
    19 years ago

i think so. if the author actually experienced the emotion or event, they will do a MUCH better job describing it and showing the reader their story.

but thats just my opinion

-jenn