EMOTIONS

• Nic
    16 years ago

How do i make my emotions shine through in my poetry

• Baby Rainbow
    16 years ago

Write what ever is in your heart and how you feel. think of all the different times in your life different emotions situations and write how you felt at the time x

• heidi
    16 years ago

Just think of all the sad & happy times in your life.
    It might take a while, but you will get the hang of it soon :)

• Krathia
    16 years ago

Imagery and the sound of words (but that's harder to do).
    Ex: red leaved soaring in the autumn wind = parting and sadness.

• Dark Secrets
    15 years ago

Close your eyes, imagine the situation and pay attention to your body reflexes like pounding of the heart, sweating, shaking etc

• your love is mine
    15 years ago

Just write your poetry the way you think that you think will make it shine. thats all i have to say

• My Mistakes
    15 years ago

Just try to put what you feel into words

• NinjaGirl
    15 years ago

Write from your heart. the only thing that matters is if it makes sense and you like it

• David ODonnell
    15 years ago

Try focusing more on a certain emotion, I.E love, fear, hate. Then amplify it by sorrounding it with joint words like; desired, care, corruption.

• Lori
    15 years ago

Well just put everything out there and always be honest about what you write and thats the best you can do~

• HvN
    15 years ago

Just write whatever you feel in your heart, don't try to over do it, write what you feel and think is right. Poetry is something that gradually improves over time, it only gets better as you continue to write.

hpe that helped :]

• HumanAngel
    15 years ago

I just put a pen to paper and write words that relate to how I am feeling and why. E.g. Sad - lonliness, cold, family.

Eventually you start writing words that really hit home. If you know you put the emotion into your work, then it will shine through.

x

• Vix
    15 years ago

'How do i make my emotions shine through in my poetry'

Experiment with forms which suit whatever it is you are are writing about, whether your subject is emotion or you're using emotion to expound your subject.

Read poetry by other poets to see how they amplified and explored emotion within their work.

Choose your words carefuly.

Draft, re-draft and re-draft your poems...again and again until what you've written has been stripped to its bare essentials, free of clutter.

• Nic39uy
    15 years ago

Just write how you feel at the moment and keep focus on it, don't let anything distract you. that's why i write at two or three in the morning, because you have no one to bother you. but even so, you got to do a lot of erasing and writing and get your point out. read it and let others read it and get their views on it. it's all trial and error. but it pays off in the end

• Kevin
    15 years ago

I say the best thing,, is to be by yourself with no distractions, this way you can think more,, you dont have to listen to music,, you jus have to be in the mood you want your poem to sound if you wanna write a mad angry poem your best bet is be mad at someone or something,, if you wanna write a love poem,, jus think of your lover or your past experiences with your girlfriends or boyfriends,,
    the poems dont nesicarly have to rhyme every sentence
    and if you want to let your emotions show within your poems,,
    you have to write whats on mind,, and dont be afraid what other people think, wiether they think your a bitch or a sissy,, just write how you feel and what you think

• Muhammad Junaid
    15 years ago

Think about your feelings...of sadnesss and happiness...try to write your feelings in words

• Muhammad Junaid
    15 years ago

Dont makeup things...let them come to you by themselves

• Muhammad Junaid
    15 years ago

Its the sad music,or soft tracks that makes me write any feelings.....

• Invited
    15 years ago

Think about your life what frustrates you, what do you crave as a desire, what enraptures your mind, sepression, love. Write what you feel and let it capture your heart freeley.

• Ray Smallshaw
    15 years ago

Yes all above, yet remember all the good poets are critical of their work, so read it over and edit until what you have written matches what you wanted to put to paper, if it does not feel right put it aside and come back to it later. If you are luck enough to have someone or are a member of a club or a site who will listen to you or read your poetry ask them they don't have to be a poets see or read their response, this sometimes helps. Always remember it is your baby if you like it that should be enough.

• amika
    15 years ago

I feel as if im nothing like no one can see me

• My Mistakes
    15 years ago

I didnt post the original, but thanks for the help....i was having the same issue