What Do You Feel When You Write Poetry?

• Nobodys Hero
    15 years ago

When you write your poems can you feel the emotions you put into them?

• Love is a Beautiful Thing
    15 years ago

Yes thats why i write i cant tell ppl how i feel so i put it together in a poem or mostly my quotes

• Nobodys Hero
    15 years ago

Awsum i'l have a look at your work now, my quotes are mostly packed with my more cynical side pml

• Wolf Haines
    15 years ago

Sometimes my poetry is about how i feel. And sometimes its about how other people feel.

We can't experience everything in life, but doesnt mean we cant write about everything in life :)

• Lori
    15 years ago

I feel like I am in a different world

• Thomas
    15 years ago

Of course, since most of the poems I wrote that are about personal experience, I'm letting loose exactly what is on my mind.
    So, depending upon the style of poem it is, I usually feel that emotion.

• shenoa
    15 years ago

Usually when I write that's my inspiration, the emotions that have their grip on me at that moment.

• NoUr
    15 years ago

Ofcourse i feel the emotions i put in them, as i only write abt my own experiences in life or my own feelings

and i somehow feel a biiiiiiiig relief after writing a poem..it's like when i write it..i talked and said wat was inside me..when someone reads them then i've been heard..

• Corinne
    15 years ago

Yes - otherwise it's just a writing exercise, and not an actual expression of an emotion or thought.

Once I've finished, there's a feeling of satisfaction

• T uh Belle lll
    15 years ago

When I'm going through something emotionally the words seem to just tumble out.

It seems like I have no control until my emotions stabilize, but hey, it's better than drugs, right?

• Lulu
    15 years ago

What i feel when i write poetry is when im sad,upset or angry and just wanna get mah mind of of things...poetry is a way 4 me to make all my feelings go away instead of screaming,crying etc...poetry is a way to relive the stress

• StarGirl
    15 years ago

I mostly feel frustrated making sure I can express exactly how I feel with the right amount of words. It usually ends up with a lot of scribbled notes and lots of different beginnings.

• your love is mine
    15 years ago

I feel emotions in some of my poems. The thing with me is that I for some strange reason can only feel emotions when I writing love poems I don't know why though. I love poetry but sometimes it just gets me bored.

• CanUKissAwayMyPain
    15 years ago

Yes i feel my emotions when i write them down. that why i rite them. they help me let them out. things i can tell how i feel. so i show it in my poerty. some are sad, funny, about love or just what i feel at the time i wrote it. my emotions are there even when i dnt rite it there.. it's kinda confusing.. but ya.. my emotions are all in my poems even when u cant see them in words. in a way.. i just confused myself.

• ether
    15 years ago

I write when I don't feel anything. That's when I write the best. And in those poems I find that you have to really think (more than usual) about them to fully understand what I'm saying.
    I like it that way.

• Dark Savior
    15 years ago

When I write the best it's usually after having a great deal of problems in my life, even if it's about love. Doesn't matter the subject really, usually when I'm mad or upset.

• Baby Rainbow
    15 years ago

Sometimes i can feel ok if i write poems, if i get an idea in my head i have to write the poem even if im feeling fine. sometimes i just feel really sad so i write.

• Twisted Mind Broken Soul
    15 years ago

Normally I dont begin to write poetry unless I'm happy, Sad, excited, depressed, suicidal. Anyways it just depends on what mood I'm in, about what I'm gonna write

• anonymous lover
    15 years ago

I feel...free...able to do change everything
    in my life..for just a moment!!

• Elizabeth
    15 years ago

Whatever my poems are about; a person, place or situation, etc., there is always emotions behind them. My emotions are a part of the inspiration to write, within my poem itself I include those emotions, & even while I write my poem there is emotion. It never fades; it is always a part of me. After I've finished my poem, which is usually on going as I've got many things to further contribute to it, I feel gratifying. :)

• XxBAYBiiGiRLxX
    15 years ago

Yea i always feel the emotion in my poetry as i am either crying or really mad when i write!

• Vic
    15 years ago

When i write, i feel it.. the emotion beats from my heart onto the paper.. since all my poems have been about heart aches, family problems, personal conflicts, i feel myself extending a part of my soul into what i write.. or something to that effect..

• Lady Nik
    15 years ago

I feel relief. when i've had a bad day sometimes it just helps to get it all out on paper. Shanik

• xx
    14 years ago

...inspired.

• bhaskaryya
    14 years ago

Frustratingly mediocre.

• cici89
    14 years ago

Of course. Feeling the emotions is what helps me put the poem together

• Rocky
    14 years ago

Of course i feel the emotions when i write. otherwise its just some meaningless words that rhyme, not a real poem. also when i write i go to a different world in my head. i have sat down at night to write and what feels like 10 minitues later i have noticed the sun coming up. it is an amazing feeling

• Jay Perry Jr
    14 years ago

When writing a poem i feel all my emitions go into it and once im finish im relieved

• stargirl49
    14 years ago

When I write, I find that I can more adequately express what I feel. When I speak, my words usually stumble over each other, but in the world of poetry, that changes. I can put my feelings of love, anger, hate, loneliness, and regret down on paper and people can actually understand what I mean, contrasted to when I talk. I manage to confuse everyone when I verbalize. :(