• Allie
    15 years ago

What did you give up for lent?

I gave up 2 things
    1. meat
    2. sugar/junk food

• Krista
    15 years ago

Im not catholic, nor do I celebrate lent, but I would give up candy and television.

• january friend
    15 years ago

Yeah i gave up sweets, all of them with no exceptions. i had a good fat tuesday yesterday, i stocked up. now i'm going to see how much weight i can lose... or gain, muscle weighs more than fat.

• Aveena
    15 years ago

Im not catholic but i am in a catholic school so ii decided to give up something.

Swearing. =]

• Ari
    15 years ago

I don't celebrate it, but I heard some kid in one of my classes gave up kissing. I laughed at him,
    1. because he has never been kissed in his life
    and
    2. that's a pretty silly thing to give up. haha. but hey, to each their own I guess.

• bequi
    15 years ago

Im a catholic but
    i actually forgot it was ash weds// i dont wanna promise and cant keep it but ill avoid eating meat specially pork on the lent season ill

• Jonathan
    15 years ago

Back in the days before i could articulate my beliefs i came upon a similar situation.

A pastor asked, "what did you give up for lent?".
    i responded, "catholicism".

He was not amused.

• Fluffy
    15 years ago

And I can see why.

• Poet on the Piano
    15 years ago

^^^Lent is a 40-day liturgical season starting on Ash Wednesday (you receive ashes to show we are poor and unclean); Lent prepares Christians for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ and during this time we 1. Pray 2. Fast. 3. Almsgiving (time, talent, treasure).

• uuhhmmss
    15 years ago

Well said "Something To Say"

its a routine or a annual practice but catholic people. its also time to rest for others coz during holyweek from palm sunday to esther people doesnt have work

• Nanita
    15 years ago

Hmmm...

id prolly have to give up caffeine or candy XD

• AnCi
    15 years ago

2 weeks ago i gave up eating all sorts of candy :)