Lesson learned

• Hopeless Romantic
    14 years ago

Whats the harshest lesson you have learned?

• Skyfire
    14 years ago

That people rarely change...someone who has treated you badly from the start is never going to suddenly begin respecting you. No matter how many times they apologize and promise to change. And sometimes you have to leave when you realize you aren't being treated the way you should be, even if it hurts to leave that relationship--friend, lover, or whomever--behind.

• Hopeless Romantic
    14 years ago

I really agree with that

• Talie
    14 years ago

The harshest lesson I've ever learned is that not all the knights in their polished and shining armor are as chivalrous as is advertised in fairy tales. =/

• Natalie84
    14 years ago

Even though you may love someone doesn't mean they love you. It took a lot to figure it out...a person can pretend but in the end you see the light. I wish we could teach each other that in a positive way but that is a lesson to be learned the hard way.

• Rachel
    13 years ago

I know this sounds morbid, but the lessons i have learned are you are alone and have no control over anything but the body you live in. it is not meant to be sad but realistic. people leave or die, material things destroyed, people are unreliable. you may be loved but that stretches so far. and once we come to accept these things, i feel we can live in peace and harmony.

• Simikiel
    13 years ago

The worst lesson ive learned is that even though you may love someone, they don't have to love you. I learned that even when they tell you they love you they can still destroy you with one blow. I learned that love opens you up to all the emotions you've ever managed to repress and it takes control of your heart never letting go. Basically I learned that love is a bitch who shreds your heart when she leaves it.

• AngelDust
    13 years ago

I've learned that at the end of the day we really are all by ourselves, individually. That you have to care for yourself b/c nobody really cares for you. That if you're un-wanted, it's only you who can see it. That if you truly love someone, it is true.. that you have to let them go. The hardest lesson I've ever learned, is that once someone's gone.. I mean, really gone... that no matter what you do.. no matter how much you grieve, you can never let them go. The feelings are still there and as strong as before.. we just don't acknowledge them..

• Chris
    13 years ago

Love is as cruel of a mistress as life if not worse and sooner or later everyone seems to put a knife in you. It may be small or big, but still a knife none the less.

• Kuro
    13 years ago

Apathy is a savior and a curse.

savior in the sense that they can't hurt you if you cant feel.

curse in the sense that it is hard to care for anyone ever again

• xxMagioxx
    13 years ago

I have learned that most people, if not everyone is shallow. They say looks isn't everything, but truth is; everyone has their standards. Why can't people see who we actually are? I have been denied based upon my looks/race, it hurts to know that this is the case. I believe that the people who can really see the world are the ones who suffer from depression.

• Captivat3d
    13 years ago

You can't trust anyone, even your parents and ultimately, yourself.

• Elizabeth
    13 years ago

That sometimes you and your friends grow apart over time, over distances or over nothing.

• Clown
    13 years ago

For those in the service, Dieing is a strong posibility we must accept, and loosing loved ones is a very real posibility in my profesion. We all signed up to posibly die for nothing, or something. I watched my best friend sacrafice himself for the rest of us, he jumbed on a small IED so we could go home to our families. I thank him for that every day.

• Jessie
    13 years ago

The hardest lesson would have to be, once you have true love don't doubt it, because once you doubt it, you might lose it.

• Shellaine shelli
    13 years ago

I also learned that people really don't actually change even if they tell you thet will. (and i don't mean change who they are) because i believe in individuality but as far as physical abuse, cheating etc ... go, no matter how many times you're told "i'll stop..." "i'll change..." etc... they never do

• Narphangu
    13 years ago

The hardest lesson I've learned... That'd fit somewhere in the lines and angles of geometry, I think. Ew.
    Emotionally, probably the fact that drinking really can screw with you and make you do things you regret. Even when you think you're invincible and capable and totally in your element. And that it is never a good idea to spend the night with a twenty year old alcoholic at your teacher's house. Regardless of what he says. Or to get in his brother's car, for that matter. Those are moments I'll never get to erase from my mind, and it is disgusting and morbid how they stick to your eyelids and replay constantly with the slightest of triggers... even if they're only bits and flashes from an inebriated state. God.

Uhh... Hahhh. I don't talk about that stuff... ever. Sorry for the rant.
    :)