For moderators - demographics?

• Ste
    12 years ago

Just wondering, as a newbie, whether there is a running demographic breakdown on the forum membership, posters etc? I seem to be much older than most. Is the membership predominately American? What about the gender ratio?

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Oh, hi again. Seeing you everywhere!

A few days ago I stumbled across this site, which had a little information about where people were signing in from. Their breakdown was:

United States : 34.2% India : 28.7%
    United Kingdom : 3.8% Pakistan : 3.8%
    Malaysia : 2.2% Philippines : 1.8%
    Indonesia : 1.5% Lebanon : 0.9%
    Philippines : 1.8% Indonesia : 1.5%
    Lebanon : 0.9% OTHER : 23.0%

Not sure how accurate that is, but I have some guesses. There seems to be a lot of people from North America, from Australia/New Zealand, and from the Middle East and western Asia. At least, that's what I've noticed for active members.

We tend to get a lot of teenagers, and then decent chunk of 40-plusers. I haven't noticed a lot of 20-30 year olds.

There DEFINITELY (at least with active, posting members) seems to be more women than men.

• Ste
    12 years ago

That's very interesting, thank-you. That is pretty much what i had gathered from spending ten hours reading other peoples poems and posting a few of my own. It is great to share thoughts around the world though it has alarmed me a little how many young folk are so nihilistic and self-hating, (not to mention the terrible spelling and grammar in some). I realise I'm an old fogey but finding this resource has been excellent and I intend to contribute as long as people read my poems and perhaps appreciate any comments i might make on theirs.

(I'm not sure i wrote much poetry betwen 20 and 30 either!)

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Yeah, people of that age are busy getting married and having kids and finding jobs and all that stuff. ; ) Eventually things seem to settle down.

• Paul Gondwe
    12 years ago

Just wanted to say dont forget we guys from Africa...we add about 00000000.3% but it still counts.

• CuteThingsGoneWrong
    12 years ago

Found that interesting that so little people 20-30 are on here. Im 22 and i write a lot.. Maybe im not mature enough and thats why my poems lack ~

The age is interesting to me i guess

• sibyllene
    12 years ago

Yeah, I'm in that age bracket as well, as are most of my club-mates. But as far as general trends, we seem to be a minority.

• Ste
    12 years ago

Well, its always great to hang about with attractive and sensitive young women in their 20's, though i imagine we speak different languages these days!
    I must admit i get a bit swamped by some of the material posted in here. Perhaps that is really just a sign of my age!

• Celtic Warrior
    11 years ago

Hey I'm 24 and write poetry, stories, and songs.

Then again I do a lot of writing for college too.

• Darren
    11 years ago

What about me?
    I am 36

therefore not 20-30
    And NOT yet 40 plus!!