HOT and it’s just May!

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Long termers may appreciate that I am cooling down this Memorial Day (US holiday) with a
    Raspberry Ice Nymph

What are others doing to beat the heat?

• Poet on the Piano replied to Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Bahaha, that brings back memories! Oh, Larry ^_^

Well the parents have been away in Michigan so I've been holding down the fort with Bassie. We played in our kiddie pool on Saturday in our backyard. It's a bit cooler today and we had a few storms so we didn't make a trip to a dog-friendly beach area (would have been an hour or so away) but we did go on a new forest trail in the town over... many mosquitoes and lots of mud but I just gave him a nice shower.

Hope everyone had a fun weekend!

• (Olwin ) Lee Mcdonald replied to Poet on the Piano
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

Poet on the Piano...that sounds such fun! Lol. Ihave two dogs... A German shepherd and a springador lol
    . They love the paddling pool too ha. Espec the German Shepherd...she just turned 1 and is crazy lol
    Bet yours loved the forest trail and mud :D Ours love running through the long grass in our back field!.:)

• (Olwin ) Lee Mcdonald replied to Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Larry.... The raspberry sounds good :) we had a lovely sunny day here too in northern Ireland :) ...went to the park with the grand kiddies and had a picnic :D

That's what I done to beat the heat!!

• Milly Hayward

Thankfully that's one of the few good points of living in the UK that the Summer is never too hot :) What I used to do on a sunny day was to sit outside Chiquitas Mexican restaurant drinking a non alcoholic pina colada with plenty of ice. :)

• CJ Maleney
    4 years ago

I live in Cumbria northern England. I'm putting on my jumper lol

• (Olwin ) Lee Mcdonald replied to CJ Maleney
    4 years ago

Was cold out today Craig! ... And rain all day here :/ ... Good day for indoors poetry musing :) lol

• abracadabra
    4 years ago

You Americans. So hemispherist.

It's fricken winter for some of us you know.

• CJ Maleney replied to (Olwin ) Lee Mcdonald
    4 years ago

It's now the weekend and it's dank and dreary. I wanna go out on my motorbike :-(

• Larry Chamberlin replied to abracadabra
    4 years ago

Ha! I was waiting for that, Abby.
    So I’ll bet you’re suffering through dank & dreary but not not freezing weather.

• silvershoes

We left cold & rainy weather (unexpected for late May) in Reno to spend a week in sunny Mexico. That it was Memorial Day slipped my mind admittedly, but we were celebrating being on vacation by snorkeling, swimming, and sailing on a catamaran at sunset with margaritas in hand.

Will you send me the raspberry ice nymph recipe once more?

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Raspberry Ice Nymph

Raspberry schnapps
    Bombay Gin
    Twist of Lemon
    Splash of Grand Marnier
    Over crushed ice in a Tom Collins glass

(from memory, but this is what I’ve been doing)

• Poet on the Piano replied to Larry Chamberlin

^ So I need to go to the store sometime this weekend, and I am super tempted to get these ingredients and make a toast to you all ;)

• Maple Tree
    4 years ago

Here in New York, the warmest its gotten is high 70's... and that has been rare.

I have yet to pull out my summer clothes, still wearing sweaters and jackets.

ugh... no cool drinks for this chick.

• Jamie
    4 years ago

It has been HOT here in Maryland. There have been a lot of days where it has been in the 80s and sometimes even 90s. I fear summer actually being here. I suspect we will probably get 100s in August.

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

In Houston we've been in the 80's since April, 90's all May and it's hit 100 nearly every day these past two weeks.