Can I join a club ?

• (Olwin ) Lee Mcdonald
    4 years ago

Hello... I'm a previous member of poems and quotes. I was dreamofolwin but can't access my account at present. For the time being I've made a new account under Lee McDonald. My problem is I can't get into the club I was previously in which was Phoenix Riding. A good friend had asked me back to the site but I'm dissppointed that the clubs aren't up on site to join. I was a previous member of Phoenix Rising...

• SiLeNtLy ScReAmInG replied to (Olwin ) Lee Mcdonald
    2 years ago

While I believe the original author of this post is no longer active, I think it may still be helpful for this post to have a response to it. I spent much more time than I care to admit digging through the older posts from when the site had its last major overhaul to figure out why I couldn't leave a club that was no longer active and join a new one. The answer, as always, is due to the long absence of that mythical creature, Janis, the admin and owner of this site. From the information I can find in the member forum, during the last major update to P&Q, many of the Club capabilities were not brought over from the old site design. If you were in a club, you are able to see the club forum, but you cannot leave the club you are in or see any of the other features that used to exist. If you are a new member, or were not in a club, you aren't able to see anything relating to the old clubs. At the time Janis intended to return the next month to continue making updates, however, Janis and the updates never materialized. The moderators compiled a list of desired updates and bug fixes, which they had P&Q members rank in order of priority. I believe the moderators still maintain the list in their own private discussion board in the hope that the allusive Janis will one day return.

For those who would like to see if their desired update/fix is already on Janis's to do list, please reference this thread: https://www.poems-and-quotes.com/threads/146976

I'm glad to see reinstate the forum search function made it into the top five fixes. That would have saved me so much time looking for this information. Hopefully some of these items will one day be addressed. I think the club capabilities used to keep the site more active, and I would love to see them brought back.

• Poet on the Piano replied to SiLeNtLy ScReAmInG
    2 years ago

Great response and hope this will be helpful to some! Glad to see you back, too, and yep, you're exactly right. It is on the list of things to do. And I also would love the search option brought back! Not that we have tons of new threads every day but it would still be neat to search specifics instead of going page by page.

• SiLeNtLy ScReAmInG replied to Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Glad to be back too, though I'm sad to see this place so slow right now. As you said there aren't many new threads these days, but the search function is nice for seeing if something has already been posted or answered, or just for looking at old conversations.