Weekly Contest Winners - October 19, 2020!

• PnQ Mod Account
    3 years ago

Hello everyone! Rania here. Hope you're all doing good and staying safe.

We still have only two judges on board who both agreed on cherishing Lost Star's Forest Nights poem. Also MA's emotional poem and Star's creative piece will be featured on the front page.

Meanwhile we have two worth-your-time HMs by John Doe and our all-time-Neruda hiraeth!

Make sure you read all these poems if you haven't yet. Thank you judges for your time and below are the comments:

----------------

Forest Nights by Lost star (17 points)

I cant get enough of this poem, the nature tones and visuals
    are mouth dropping along with several lines that make me
    sway to the sounds of night, just beautiful! (7)

-----

I dont know how many times I read this, and every time I find it even more beautiful. The moment this poem captures, the awakening of a writer's spirit within nature, is one that is really comforting and it made me feel free. I liked the repetition of "My humbled soul rests", and I found the different formatting of it interesting. It's like the "poetic" thoughts are more collected and settled the longer you stay within nature. I really love this write! (10)

Her Caffeinated Shadow by Star (10 points)

This poem is rich as the finest coffee in the world!
    Full of lovely and creative lines such as "the deaf side of the night"
    and the ending line "blind side of the night".

Both lines are very significant for me as the reader- Both senses are unaware of the
    feelings expressed within this powerful poem, just wonderful!

The Trauma. by Poet on the Piano (7 Points)
    This this this, this got me thinking and even asking why. The title itself with the period is a statement, and I knew something powerful would follow and the poem is indeed powerful!! I really felt so many emotions in this!

*****************************************************HMs

warmth in october mornings. by hiraeth (4 Points)

I felt many of the nominated poems this week capture a specific moment. This one captures a warm one perfectly. The wording is beautiful and feels like its been chosen carefully. Very well written!

The Well by John Doe (4 Points)

This poem had me in tears and yet
    it gave me a sense of peace as well. Tastefully
    written with darkness and sadness through out. Powerful poem!

• Star replied to PnQ Mod Account
    3 years ago

I'm truly surprised, thank you so much for the vote and comment <3
    Congrats everyone ^_^

• prasanna
    3 years ago, updated 3 years ago

Thank you judges for your hard work and congrats to those who won or picked up a HM! Great showing this week!

• Brenda
    3 years ago

Congratulations All! Beautiful writing everyone! Thank you to our 2 dedicated judges and Rania for hosting!

• Meena Krish replied to Brenda
    3 years ago

Congrats to the Winners of this week and those who received HMs.

Thank you to the two judges for their time and effort and thanks for hosting Raina..

• Poet on the Piano
    3 years ago

Congrats to Lost Star & Star, and the HM's! Thank you to the judge for the comment. And thank you, Rania, for hosting.

• Ben Pickard
    3 years ago

Some wonderful wins this week, truly. Well done, all and thank you to the judges for their continued time.

• Lost star replied to PnQ Mod Account
    3 years ago

That's amazing thank you much for the wonderful comments! These poems were first class! Thankyou also judges for the time and effort you must've put in amongst all those poems.