Weekly Contest Winners - November "9".. 2020!

• PnQ Mod Account
    3 years ago, updated 3 years ago

Hello Everyone, Rania.

Hope you're all well. We have such great and valuable pieces on the front page this week. Who isn't touched by Violet Raven's style, moved by MA's raw writings and Satish Verma's unique voice!..Enjoy reading the 3 poems and make sure you read the HMs if you haven't yet. Thank you judges for your valuable time and everyone else for reading, writing, sharing and nominating.

The Comments:

Observing by Violet Raven (10 points)

Depression can be colorful. I started out by saying that because we try to mask our emotions
    to cover up the feelings that are bringing us down. This poem is jammed packed with visuals that are just wonderful
    to the reader and yet the sorrow and sadness can be felt as well. I will read this poem again and again. Very powerful!

Finally Injured by Satish Verma - 10

Satish goes about his business quietly but posts copious amounts of poetry to the site
    that is of a consistent high quality. His work is sometimes ambiguous,
    often surreal but always fascinating and brimful of lush language and imagery.
    This little gem is no different.

Shadowed. by Poet on the Piano 4 + 4 = 8

It always amazes me how music being played while writing
    can help the writer sway with emotions. This poem again touches
    the feelings of darkness and sorrow to a tee. The reference to children
    made me cry as well as being a ghost and will the ghost still feel the sadness.
    Yes I cried with this poem, just amazing! (4)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An incredibly sad musing about the prospects of happiness in life, in the future lives of
    children and whether or not death itself will mean peace or just provide the tools for a self "haunting".
    What do we do when life becomes so empty that we no longer even feel the presence of hunger, thirst and desire?
    I myself do not have the answer but when I wake up in the morning, I am always quick to open the curtains,
    make a cup of tea and get some fresh air as quickly as possible. It is far too easy to sit and fester in the dark all day.
    I was sorry to read this, but it certainly moved me. (4)

Our reasons by DarkLight (7 points)

This inspirational poem by Darklight is the most uplifting and truthful poem
    within our world today. The lines are flowing and rich with emotion. Again we
    are seeing another play with words such as "lies" and to me its also the key word
    to this poem, and society is just wondering around aimlessly trying to survive. Beautiful poem!

Why Should We Forgive by Mimi - 7

Relative to her age (15) this is excellent work. The rhyming is relatively unforced throughout
    and the structure is tight. She has some nice metaphors in her armory too,
    as is evidenced by the first two lines - "I'm an angel with black wings".
    As for the content itself, well, I suppose there is real wisdom there:
    so many "bad" people are too often products of the "good " folk.

• Mr. Darcy
    3 years ago

Thanks, Rania.

Congratulations to this week's front page beauties and those hidden, yet worthy, HM's. Applause all round.

• cassie hughes
    3 years ago

Congratulations to the winners and HM's. Some wonderful poems here again. The quality of writing on this site is always amazing. :)

• Lost star replied to PnQ Mod Account
    3 years ago

Congratulations winners and hm's really wonderful poetry!

• Brenda
    3 years ago

Congratulations to all the front page winners and HM's! Beautiful writing... thank you to our judges and Rania for hosting. I appreciate you all!

• Meena Krish replied to Brenda
    3 years ago

Congrats Winners & HM's
    Thank you judges and thank you for hosting
    Rania

• Poet on the Piano
    3 years ago

Thank you to the two judges for your votes and comments. Congrats to all and thanks to Rania, for hosting!

• Shruti
    3 years ago

Congratulations to all the winners and HMs! Enjoyed reading all the poems, they are beautiful~