Weekly Contest Results, 17 January 2022

• Larry Chamberlin
    2 years ago

When you have only one judge it is both more obvious to discern the pattern of attraction and yet less relevant to the outcome. Here we see that the judge was deeply moved by the emotional content of the winning poems. Yet, where there is no diversity of opinion, the selection process itself becomes one-dimensional. Not that I am any less enthusiastic for the depth of effort by the judge, but I lament the ambiguity of numerous judges’ insights.

Regardless, congratulations to Michael and CJ, their poems truly are worthy. Thanks much for our lone, stalwart judge. May you grow in spiritual rewards for your work.

Winning Poems

Feculent by Michael (10 pts)
    A poignant look into depression; the day to day of things can become increasingly hard to do. I hope penning this offered the poet some reprieve.

-----------------------------

If just one thing? by CJ Maleney (7 pts)
    An absolutely beautiful and sweet ode to a loved one. We all aspire to have a love like this!

-----------------------------

Without You by CJ Maleney (4 pts)
    Another beautiful, sweet ode to a loved one. It was extremely hard to pick which of CJ's poems to vote for this week, as there were many deserving nominations, but it was these two poems that left a big impression on me after reading, for how genuine and sweet they are!

• Michael
    2 years ago

Hi all.

Firstly what Larry has mentioned in his hosting comments this week are true, which also gives inspiration to fellow poets. Ones perspective is always interesting on how they read a piece of writing.
    so following on from this i would like to congratulate the one judge for their time and effort for judging the weekly contest. I would also like to thank that judge for voting and commenting on my poem.
    Congratulations to CJ for a double win, and thank you to Star for nominating my poem, much appreciation all round. And to all other poets that were nominated :)

Much love. Mx

• CJ Maleney replied to Michael
    2 years ago

Firstly thanks so much for the judge for voting on my poems. Being the only judge on here but the moment is a pressure I don't think I would want. You have my upmost respect.

Thanks also to the various people who nominated my works it is much appreciated.

Massive well done to Michael on gaining the top spot and well done also to all who were nominated, there was some cracking stuff in there.

Regards to all

Craig

• Meena Krish
    2 years ago

Congrats Michael and CJ on the double win!
    Thank you to the lone judge for your time and effort and thank Larry for hosting.

• Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Saying a congrats late, but congrats to Michael and the double-win for Craig! Great to see more of your writings, Craig. Thanks to our judge, and to Larry, for posting.