Weekly Contest Winners - February 7, 2022!

• Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago, updated 2 years ago

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well. Many thanks to our two judges this week, who both voted for "Someone You'll Miss" and "I Will". It's also interesting to note that this is Lilychu's AND Penned Parodist's first win. Congratulations! Many varied themes are presented this week, from depression and the plea to be patient and gentle with one's mental health, to seeking a love that is fulfilling without compromising one's own well-being, to the thoughts and chaos of dreams, nightmares, and the question of reality. Congrats to our three winners and to hiraeth for the HM!

Have a lovely week!

"Someone You'll Miss" by Lilychu

"I found this to be a well structured piece that flows perfectly. I realise that some do not view rhymes as true poetry despite whatever message is conveyed. I would argue that they are wrong! To write your heart for the world to see is indeed poetry at its most raw and most magnificent. If I could make one negative critique it would be a slightly better use of punctuation. Regardless it is a well written and heart felt poem that is worthy of both nomination and my vote." (10)

- - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"A lot of people can relate to this one. It's always hard taking the first step, but it needs to be done, and at the end of the day, the only person we can count on day-in and day-out is ourselves, so with a little bit of love and patience from loved ones, we all can get on the path to recovery. Well-written piece!" (7)

"I Will" by: Someone Invisible

"This is a really heart felt writing that gives the reader thoughts of love from its outset. Then it takes a bit of a turn in my head. It makes me feel that it's not all about love but needing to be needed. I guess we all need to feel needed and loved. However sometimes that love can be poison. Yet we all crave such and would die for it. Fantastic to read." (7)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"What a beautiful poem, it's very common to read poems where poets declare there is absolutely nothing that can stop them from love, but this poet rightfully puts themselves first, at the first sign of being treated poorly, they won't hesitate to leave as painful as that is, and I think it's about time we see more poems like this!" (4)

"I Sleep Well" by Penned Parodist

"What an interesting piece, that feels like it was written in the delirium between being exhausted and terrified of the nightmares, refusing to sleep. The imagery is done well here, and the fear here is looming. Thoroughly enjoyed this write!" (10)

HM's:

"born of wax wings" by: hiraeth

"This is a poem that speaks to me of loss and loving. I can't imagine how it feels like to apart from someone who you hold so dear. Fortunately the people I love the most will outlive me. Not sure if you write about family or a lover, although I think the later? Regardless. It was beautiful to read. Thank you for sharing." (4)

• Larry Chamberlin replied to Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Congrats! Love having new winners. Thanks, Judges & thanks MA for hosting.

• Meena Krish
    2 years ago

Congrats everyone!
    Thank you judges and thanks for
    hosting MA!

• BOB GALLO
    2 years ago

I double what these two above said.

• Michael
    2 years ago

Hi all :)

Congratulations to the 3 front page poets.

Thank you to the judges for their time each and every week

Much love
    M :)