Weekly Contest Winners - February 14, 2022!

• Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Hello, and Happy Valentine's Day! This week, our judges highlighted "Star-gatherer" by Obscure and both judges used their '10' on this dreamy piece. Both judges also voted for Rayven's "The end" about finding one's authentic self and moving forward with courage. Last but not least, hiraeth's piece "letters." graces the front page, a moving reflection on loneliness, distance, and what these letters mean in terms of intimacy, and where one finds home. Also, a shout-out to Xaque for their first honorable mention, with "Overrun". Congrats to all! Many thanks to our two judges for their time.

Have a great week, everyone!

COMMENTS:

"Star-gatherer" by: Obscure

"I find this to be a very visionary piece that entices the reader. It's full of wonder and at the same time sorrow. In my mind I keep thinking "oh just to be a star". We realise we will never be such or can't achieve such glory. However we aspire and try to shine. Beautiful poem that made me twist and turn it in my head many times over. Well deserved nomination and worthy of my vote." (10)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"I can see being an excerpt from a book, about someone who's in charge of 'making fireflies' / bringing light ala disney style! I really love this piece and the imagery in it!" (10)

"The end" by: Rayven

"From the fire, we're born anew! It's always cathartic to start over, and find a sense of peace in that. Living life can be so much easier when we start to expect less of others, and focus more on what's more important to us, and curate our peace that way. Love this!" (7)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Isn't it odd how people's perceptions alter! What we are is not perhaps what we conspire to be. Some of us were born to walk this earth. Others were born for freedom. Fly free! Loved reading this." (4)

"letters." by: hiraeth

"As old as I am and as tough as I think I am this poem made me weep a little. I guess some of us feel as strong as an ox at times, yet some things humble us. My loved ones do my head in mostly, yet I would rather that than miss them! I hope I have gotten the context and message in this poem right. If not I'll apologise, but it's what I felt." (7)

HM:

"Overrun" by: Xaque

"What a lovely, dark write about rats! The imagery, internal rhymes, pace all made it for quite the memorable poem." (4)

• Rayven replied to Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Thanks :). My health is not the greatest currently but it's nice to see my poem win. I am in the process of essentially starting over online and with a bit of stuff offline too. Just need time.

• Michael
    2 years ago

Hi all :)

Congratulations to all 3 front page poets and HM awarded.

Thank you to the judges for their time each week.

thank you to Shruti who nominated my poem last week.

Much love

M :)

• Meena Krish replied to Poet on the Piano
    2 years ago

Well done and congrats to the front page winners! Thank you judges and thank you for hosting MA.

• Poet on the Piano replied to Rayven
    2 years ago

Wishing you the best! Take as much time as you need and hope you are feeling better soon. Know you always have community and fellowship here. It's always wonderful to read your work :)

• Larry Chamberlin
    2 years ago

Congrats to the winners and to Xaque for the HM

Thanks, judges and thanks MA for hosting.

• prasanna
    2 years ago

a little late, but thank you judge for your comment. congrats to the other winners, and those with a hm!