Anime

• Everlasting
    1 year ago

Which one do you watch?

I’ve been watching One Piece with my husband since 4 years ago or so.

• Shruti
    1 year ago

I'm fairly new to anime.
    Started with Demon Slayer, and I'm loving it! Waiting for the next season~
    Will try out One Piece; have heard a lot about it.

Oh do you all watch Ghibli movies? They are so beautiful~

• Maher replied to Everlasting
    1 year ago, updated 1 year ago

Bleach is one of my favorites. They're continuing it this year apparently after a long hiatus. Also love One Piece!

Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop are also awesome but are only around 30 or so episodes each.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is also awesome, as is Attack On Titan.

Mushishi is nice if you like tranquil animes with great artwork.

I'll definitely second Shruti on Ghibli animes - really, really good.

This one sorry of doesn't count but if you or your husband are fans of Dragonball Z or know the story, jump onto YouTube and look up a channel called Team Four Star and watch their Dragonball Z Abridged series of you're in the mood for a laugh. Hilarious, especially the more recent ones. Another channel called Devil Artemis does a similar thing too, also hilarious.

There's a bunch more but these are my favs :)

• BOB GALLO replied to Maher
    1 year ago

Interesting. i have to check them out. Thanks for sharing.

• Everlasting replied to Shruti
    1 year ago

Ghibli movies like …

Ponyo
    Castle in the sky
    My neighbor totoro!

I love these kind of movies. Thanks for reminding me. I have to show some of those to my kiddos. Is there a specific one that you would say you like the most?

I haven’t seen demon slayer. I’ll have to look that one.

And definitely, if you can, watch One Piece. At first I was put off by the graphics lol. I mean the way the anime is drawn. I wasn’t a fan, but I ended up liking the story. When I was pregnant, and we were watching One piece, my baby would always kick me haha. I thought it was because we always watched it at the same time (so I thought it was her time to stretch) but even if I watched it at different time, she would still kick me.

Sweet memories…

• Everlasting replied to Maher
    1 year ago

Bleach! They are still continuing? I only watched like 5 episodes or so. Then waited for more and eventually switched to Naruto. This was a long time ago…

What do you like the most about it?

Full metal alchemist is awesome. I watched it a long time ago. I might need to re-watch it. Attack on Titan was good but eventually lost my interest.

My brothers watch the Abridged series. I started watching some of the episodes and yes I get a good laugh.

• Everlasting replied to BOB GALLO
    1 year ago

Hmm… sir, you are missing out!

Have you ever watch any anime? if so, which ones? I’m now curious…

• Maher replied to Everlasting
    1 year ago

I hope they are! Last I heard they said they'd be continuing it around November this year. There's about 370 episodes currently and they want to continue it til the end of the manga since they stopped before the final arc of the 100 year blood war. Been waiting for ages! I like the whole thing really, even the fillers which is rare for me. Action, great story, humour and great characters.

I used to watch Naruto until the fillers started happening. All the flashbacks killed me and I just stopped watching. Haven't even finished Shippuuden yet but I should finish it.

Samurai Champloo is an awesome story with great artwork and some awesome rap soundtracks. I really enjoyed it. Cowboy Bebop is Sci-Fi and is also really good. I'm a fan of Sci-Fi's like Stargate and Firefly, so I enjoyed Bebop quite a bit. Too short though the both of them, wish they were longer.

The Ghibli ones I've seen are Ponyo, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and My Neighbour Totoro. Great movies. If you want a modern non-animation movie similar to those, watch Stardust. Also a great movie and ok for kids :)

If you got a laugh our of Abridged, look up Devil Artemis. Very similar and also pretty funny!

• Shruti replied to Everlasting
    1 year ago

Aww that's so sweet and beautiful. I'll definitely watch One Piece.

I watched many Ghibli movies like Spirited Away, Ponyo, Grave of the Fireflies, The Wind Rises, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke etc. My favourite is Grave of the Fireflies, it is heartbreaking but also beautiful. I also love Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo and My Neighbor Totoro!

• Everlasting replied to Maher
    1 year ago

Thanks, Maher. I will look into those.

• Poet on the Piano
    1 year ago

Love this thread and what everyone is sharing! I'm unfamiliar with some of the animes listed so will have to look them up. I sometimes have problems finishing a show if there's an overwhelming amount of episodes, and have a tendency to lose interest. I watched Bleach for awhile back in the day after a friend got me into it. The Promised Neverland is probably my favorite (watched it twice on Netflix, only two seasons) and want to read the manga that it was based off of. Never watched any episodes of Death Note, but got the manga set as a present years ago and have read all but the last book I think. Tried to get into Violet Evergarden and couldn't, but maybe the movie would be more my taste. Erased, a murder mystery anime, was also amazing, and there's a live-action series too that I've heard is pretty decent. I've heard so many things about Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Fullmetal Alchemist, and Sword Art Online... may have to watch them sometime!

Talking about Studio Ghibli makes my heart so happy! I'll routinely put on a playlist from Spirited Away, like a train ride soundtrack, or a nighttime Howl's Moving Castle dreamy playlist with fire in the background for sleep. There's also some fun jazz renditions of the music from the films. I think the first one I watched was Spirited Away, in the theaters when our local theater was participating in a Ghibli fest. I had a blast and my sister also got me into her favorite, Princess Mononoke (probably my favorite soundtrack). I think I'm most emotional with that one, especially connecting to the music, wolves, and protecting the forest. It's also neat to watch the sub vs dub versions and become immersed in both. Have yet to watch Grave of the Fireflies, but I've heard it's one of the saddest ones. Watched The Wind Rises and Porco Rosso as well (both about planes). Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbor Totoro equally hold a super special place in my heart, and make me feel like a kid again who believes in everything. Also Castle in the Sky. Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa may be my top two favorites because of the direction they take, connection with nature, how we care for it, and our growing relationship with it. How do we live with nature when we're the ones destroying it?

• Everlasting replied to Poet on the Piano
    1 year ago

I feel you on the losing interest when animes have so many episodes. It can be overwhelming but we don’t have to watch them if the episodes are not keeping our interests. I try to watch at least the first season and give it an opportunity. What I dislike the most about animes is the fillers. It’s rare when a filler grabs my attention.

You have also seen so many of the ghibli movies. Do you know how many movies are there?

I haven’t heard of your top two. I will also look into those.

“How do we live with nature when we're the ones destroying it?”

^ we seem to just do :(… our ignorance seems to be part of the problem… but may need to see the movies to understand what you mean with that question because I’m probably seeing it from another point.