How long have you been writing?

• heather
    19 years ago

woh thats long gk. i dunno cant remember not even i year lol

• Sammie
    19 years ago

Ive been writing for about 6 years now.. ive always enjoyed writing and i know ill always will...

Sammie B.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Yo, i just joined this place cause i have a wee collection put together and i needs objective opinions from educated folks like what you lot are...

been writing since i was about 6, stories that is...poetry...em, not in earnest until about 2 years ago...then some people left this plane..and i needed to express...yeah.

• Ericka
    19 years ago

I didn't start writing till about a year ago when i met my boyfriend who has written some poems for me that have made me want to write poems back to him so i joined here and have posted some of the ones i wrote him..

• David Munoz
    19 years ago

I started writing when I met my first girlfriend........ 3 months ago. :)

• East Poetry
    19 years ago

i started writeing when i found this websight, and that was about 2 weeks ago. so im a newbie

• Ericka
    19 years ago

I use to feel like that too until i met my boyfriend who has helped me though alot of shit. He has made me realize that even though some people might act like thet don't care they really do. so if you do write poems bout the world hating you or the world turning on you always know there is someone out there who loves you more than anything..

• Ashley Washer
    19 years ago

I just started writing poems about a week ago, I couldn't sleep and the next thing I know I'm writing a poem, but I have almost always writen storys, I LUV WRITING!

• Tourniquet
    19 years ago

I have been writing for a little over 4 year's. But it wasn't until a few Days ago did I ever allow anyone 2 see my poems. I guess i was ashamed of them. I was afraid that if anyone say them they would look at me different. You know how people stereotype others they don't know. Well i look like the type that would write these type of poems but those that know me would say other wise. I guess you could say i am two people inside and i don't want the people i know to be proven wrong after defending me.
    But any way my first poem isn't posted. i haven't gotten all the bugs out of it. But what really got me writing as my first crush. He was a real inspiration every time he broke up.
    but yah end of story hoped you liked it
    Tourniquet

• Kristina K
    19 years ago

-[ Edited out; Author Left ]-

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

I have been writting poems since i was 10..Now i am 23...When i read those poems now i keep laughing... Its funny and i used to write it in Malayalam. Then i wrote a few poems in Hindi also.. I started writting poems in english 5 years back... And i still write in malayalam. I still don't feel confident in my English poems as i feel in Malayalam... But as i love writting poems...i keep writting.

• Million Tears
    19 years ago

ummm ive been writting for only 5months.... ummm i dunno if that is good or bad... but are my poems good?

• ~:.GodeSsOfTemPtati0n.:~
    19 years ago

hiya nicola =) i started writin when my DR. asked me to do something to keep me busy... well honestly it's a part of my therapy... was suicidal and really depress before ( that was 4 years ago) so my doctor suggested instead of me being lonely i should start writing all my pain, dreams, heartaches bleh* etc... ina piece of paper =) so it all begun in there... but until now i'm still loving it=) hope you can visit mine =) i can say "my poems are the reflections of my self" ciao darlin'....

• Heathergirl
    19 years ago

ive been writing a long time, but recently found this site.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

I started writing silly little remakes of Roses are Red... when I was little and I'd put them in homemade cards for family members.... I really started writing my own stuff in 8th grade english... when the other kids tried to pay me to write stuff for their homework! When I was 15, I wrote some poems and a short story and my mom told me they were immature and the most ridiculous thing she'd ever read... needless to say, I was devestated... I tore them to shreds and burned them.... (boy do I regret that!) I didn't start writing again until I met my husband 3 years later in college. That was 18 years ago now.

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

I started to write poems as a 17 year old punk for a school assignment in 12th grade english...I wrote gooey love stuff and one about a drug deal gone bad..I wish I still had them..anyway, the problem was..My teacher told me I was good at it..well, I didnt believe her but 18 years later here I am at the best poetry site on the net, I have met some great people here, so it is all worth while.

• Charlene
    19 years ago

I started writing at the end of May this year. Yeah. My friends were all writing and showed me this site. I now have the most poems posted out of all of my friends, but some of them have higher ratings, my earlier poems wern't as good as some i have written reccently. Anyway, now whenever I'm on the net I come onto this site and read poems or post my own.

~@~

• C Dodrill
    19 years ago

I've been writing since as long as I can remember. I guess since I learned to write I wrote poems(more or less), but I really got into writing poetry and short stories when I was about 13. You know how adolesence is.

• More
    19 years ago

i have been writting for awhile now (7 yrs).. i stop then came back to writing.. im not sure what my reason are for writing, just that everytime i finish writting a poem it makes me feel better.. and that most of my poems come from experience, things that is happening at the moment.........

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

I used to write song lyrics when I was little, I think they started when I was 8. I would write about 2 a year, just when something that I liked came to me. I started fading out of that as I got older, and would write only one about every other year. Then I wrote 1 poem about 9 months ago, because my friend made me mad. I meant to write a letter to her but when I started typing it just came out as a poem (Dying Friendship). Then about a month later I think we got into our poetry unit in school so I was writing odd stuff for that. I wrote another one a few months later for a friend that was hurting (A Cry for Help) and when I let my other friends read it they said I was really good, so I started writing a little more at a time. Then one of my close friends (Andrea Lea Dake) recommended me to the site. So I joined and my first poem (A Cry for Help) made the top five recent rated poems in the depression catagory, and that was such a boost of confidence. So I wanted to write more to post on this site!!! I actually spent 16 hours in a car just writing about everything and nothing. I also wrote more when I was on that vacation, and it seemed that soon all I was doing was writing!! I've slowed down now, and usually only write when I have something on my mind, but I know I will continue to write forever!! It's still kind of hard for me to call myself a poet, it just seems weird, I guess I haven't gotten used to it yet. LoL...

• Just Val
    19 years ago

I started writing stories when I was in fourth grade and poems in fifth. I have been coming to this site since like 6 grade and I should be becoming a junior in HS now, so for like six years I been writing seriously. :)

• Jacki
    19 years ago

I've been writing poetry sence i was about 9 years now. I started writing when i was going threw a touch phase in my life and i didn't think i could trust anybody. But the pen and paper seemed to always be there and keep my secrets. And that is how i started writing poetry

• Allen
    19 years ago

I've been writing... well, try to write poems since the start of this year :D

• N J Thornton
    19 years ago

I've been writing for as long as i can remember, but when i was younger it wasn't serious stuff. It was when i was 13 ( i'm 18 now) when my brother and aunt were killed in a car crash, they were on the way home because Alex ( my brother) had been stopping at my aunts. I didn't know what to do, so i turned to poetry, still i don't know why it was poetry. That was when i started writing properly, just for comfort at first. But as i got older i started becoming more into it and no longer write as much depression poetry as i used to.

• Ann Stareyes
    19 years ago

Nicola, I just started writing July 31. I had my computer about two months, and was looking up poetry because I have always loved it. I'm like you, I just happened to come across poems & quotes, got to reading and decided to give it a try. I'm not that great, I've read alot of poems from very talented people. But I love to try. Take care and everyone on p&Q keep up the good work. Enjoy it so much.

• My Obsεssion
    19 years ago

2 years now of writing poetry in my free time rather regularly though I did enjoy writing some poetry for school at the young age of 8 or so when we were supposed to write something bout a stuffed animal of ours. Well I wrote like 3 limericks I think since I liked it so much. They were no works of art either..but yeah about since age 13 two years ago in 8th grade is when I started writing poetry in my free time regularly (just to recap things here).

• brin macnamara
    19 years ago

I started approx 7 years ago stopped for no reason.
    Then came back this year for keeps(I hope-others prob' hope not!) I was depressed this year, off work & in love secretly, the woman still has no idea. All of my poems are about her.

• SammiBABY
    19 years ago

I started writing in December 2002v we had to for school and then I realised how fun it is! now i rite nearly every day.

• don mohr
    19 years ago

i started writing at 7yrs. poems were disastrouly
    crude about mature subject matter way beyond
    my comprehension. So less guessing, means
    no fortifying myself from the world i wasnt ready
    for yet, and picked up writing again at 22. i had
    more experience to rely on and those old words
    became meaningful to everyone.

• Emilia
    19 years ago

4 or 5 years!

hugs

• alexander
    19 years ago

1 year

• Unseen Exposure
    19 years ago

Heya-

I've been writing for about four years. I used to write very little, but as I got more life experience ... I wrote quite often. Now - I write at least one a day if not more!! I love writing. It's such an amazing way to express yourself without others being able to judge. Since I've joined this site, my writing has signifficantly imporved. I've picked up little things from everyone on here, and I'm so glad I've become a part of it. :-)

• MAYBE TOMORROW
    19 years ago

hmmm well ive been writing for as long as i can remember...its like this trap door you can just open whenever your experiencing something significant to your life...especially pain lol well im grateful to finally find a site where the members are as cool as you think they are you guys rock! hehe

• juss an allycat
    19 years ago

Lol I only started writing ths year after I joined this site really, though I love it

• SheiLa
    19 years ago

yeah.. i agree.. eventhough i've just started writing but getting positive feedbacks n support is truly encouraging.. i love this site soo much.. and we can sort discuss problems and share our opinions with others too!

• Rachael/7MidniteTears
    19 years ago

ive started the summer of 2004. well my sister made me really mad and i just started to write about how i wanted to kill myself. writing poems just helps me relieve stress.

• Amber
    19 years ago

I started seriously writing in 7th grade (about 5 years ago) because it helped me not hurt myself.

• !*!Zoe!*!
    19 years ago

Since sept 6th. I was dumped and it gave me inspiration!

• chavii
    19 years ago

well i wrote my 1st poem some 3 yr back but till last month i only shared it with my diary but like u i accidentally found this site n decided 2 submit mine.
    my inpiration for this poems actually came when 1 night i was sitting by my window n actually got struck by amazing beauty of starlit sky n my feelings got transformed into words.

• Josiah Larson
    19 years ago

I have been writing poems for about 3 years now maybe a little longer

I started writing them becuase i noticed I cuold write poems then I went out with this girl and that made me start right off.... writing poems on my papers at school that I handed him:)

every since then I have been writing and making a poem book for the school I go to..

Josiah@warriorsouls.com

-Josiah