• David
    19 years ago

edited out, author left

• heather
    19 years ago

k lol i understand

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

I write for a few reasons. I used to write because I had too much anger and frusteration, and the only way I could get it out was by writing poetry. Now, however, I write because I want to laud my girlfriend and buddies who have made my life great.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Good questions..

Why:...i find it hard to be objective with my internal problems...and so i lure them out onto the page so i can look at them without being too caught up..

Who: well, this is a classic debate amongst writers and misicians...i write for myself, but i'd be lying if said i don't think of other people reading my words...it's a mix...a potentially vain one...

• Aken Sol
    19 years ago

Buddies who've made your life great eh Sean?

Why: Because i feel like it.

Who: Me

It's selfish but it's true. But i share it with some people.
    Aken Sol

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

Why: I write because i have alot of pain and i find the best way to express myself is through my poetry, without it i would probably be in a padded cell. Also there is nothing more satisfying then somebody leaving me a comment to say that i made a difference to them.

For Who: For myself and for everyone who enjoys reading my work.

• Ş∂ņďħy∂
    19 years ago

Why: I don't write poems just to write it. When i feel depressed or when i feel extremly happy or when i sit alone... i have to write something. Some times it will be stories, some times poems, some times just notes in my memrios. How ever my mood will be bad..once i write it down i forget it. Even if i am angry on some one, after i write it off my anger just vanishes. Writting gives a magical healing to mind.. and also makes me feel better..

For who: While i write it ..i write for no one's sake. I usually write my poems at a strech. And at that time i think of nothing. But later when i read it..i feel like sharing it with everyone..

• Kristina K
    19 years ago

Why: Since I am capable of writing, then why not use my talent in doing something worthwhile? I also write to ease my mind of the things occupying it, as well as I take delight in sharing my ideas through the pieces I write. (Hopefully my readers don't find my work to be simple gibberish)

For Who: Well, I write for individuals who enjoy reading my material. I also view matters in different points of view, which is why I enjoy writing in different methods, as well as about various things.

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

Why: Because I can....

For whom: Myself and anyone who inspires me.. I always thought it was kind of foolish to "vote" for a poem, I mean, its a personal thing for most people to write about the best and worst of their lives, but I do vote because it is kind and I love the feeling that others like my work. Kind of schizophrenic I know, but thats how I feel.

• heather
    19 years ago

hey i write cus it takes my pain away and i write for my friends and my b/f. heather

• Baby B
    19 years ago

Nice questions

Why: Because it is better than cutitng myself and lets anger, love, hate, and other feelings out. It helps me relax.

Who: Mainly for me, but I want others to know my pain, so my readers too.

• brett
    19 years ago

why..i write is because i hold the secret in me of cutting and i write poems about it cuz it makes me feel like i have told someone and got it off my chest..who..i write for is me and for all the people who go through cutting..

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

Why: I like provoking a reaction. Be that good, bad, or abstract like invoking a memory.. anything. I also write to entertain and hopefully make a few bob.

Who for: Whoever picks it up.

• Andrea
    19 years ago

I write because its the only thing i can depend on...it makes me happy and feel better that i can do something just for me.

i write for myself and whoever enjoys reading my poems.

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

Why: my 8th grade assignment i had to do and i just couldn't stop after that it's been about a year and i got almost 100 poems, i just write write write clears my head!

whom: mostly me to help deal with anger stress things like that but i love seeing what others think about it,

~lil slam~

• Kelsie
    16 years ago

I write for myself and because it helps me let out my feelings in a way that helps me, without me hurting anyone elses feelings. this is a freedom outlet for me in a way. i write because i love it. i write for anyone who wants to read. and i write for myself.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

For whom.

• Veamm
    16 years ago

For me..

• silvershoes
    16 years ago

It all comes back to me. I either write because it helps me in a directly personal way, or I write for others, which helps me get feedback and improve, as well as boost my confidence (when praised).

• judith redmount
    16 years ago

My first poem was a letter to God. Because I could not talk to other people I just wrote to God. I guess he would understand.
    And then I felt ok

• Debbie
    16 years ago

Why: It makes me understand myself better.

For: You and me.

• Kaz
    16 years ago

I write to forget about all those horrible,frustrating, tensed, worst moments of my life. i write to express my love for sumone through words.. i write. so that i can move on with my life

• ECILA ice
    16 years ago

I write because love to express myself and somehow to find relief, enhance my imagination and vocabulary..

lately,most of my writings is inspired by only one person...

• LoveBird99
    16 years ago

I write to express my feelings and to share with others.

And...lately most of my poetry has been for the guy that i love more than life. I am too young for him, but then again i think his current girlfriend is too old for him. I would jump in front of a bullet, walk through fire, and go through unbearable amounts of torture for him. The day that he says that he loves me will be the best/most important day of my life!
    He is basiclly the reason i write, the definition of my heart and soul, and one of my reasons for living!

• Sweet Fragility
    16 years ago

Mostly for myself. Unless that sounds selfish. LOL Jk. But it's still nice to share.