U shouldnt type lyke dis!!!

• XJulesX
    19 years ago

Oh my gosh! Nothing else pisses me off more then WhEn PpL TyPe LyKe DiS! It's a poem for god's sake. Do you not want people to read it or something? Use correct grammer. Neva type lyke dis wit a u, r, lyke, dis, ur, ppl, w/e, 4, 2, ne1, OR anything like that ^!

If you agree, please post here.

• Sean Allen
    19 years ago

this topic already came up somewhere under a different name, I think a lot of people agree with you on this one.

• Jessy
    19 years ago

me personal i think that f people wanna right like that they should be able to but it is there fault if we cant under stand there poetry because they ArE TiPyNing LiKe DiS it is so annoying but it's not my decision how they wanna talk

• »«¤ß詤»«
    19 years ago

yeah i don't think people should type like that in poems..... but its a force of habbit thanks to things like msn give everyone a break we can type how we want and yeah poetry should have correct grammer thats what spell checks for but if they want to type like that in posts or comments or whatever let them its their choice.

• Heather M Craig
    19 years ago

in poems, no people shouldnt write like that, no one wants to read that. This is a major reason i ignore the slang section on this site ....As for you Caty, this post is not to tell people how to write but to show that no one wants to read stuff like that...open your eyes, see a broader picture...jeez. Like most on here i agree in chats its ok to type that way but in poems, nope, its a form of art and correctness plays a big role.

Love Heather.

• happy days
    19 years ago

i find it really annoying when people write commemts/quotes/poems etc in arandom mixture of capitals and small case letters, its really hard to read and really annoying

• Bret Higgins
    19 years ago

I think it's pure laziness. I have one rule with my youngest sister (She's 13.) when we chat on messenger; write english or I'll ignore you.

It's starting to work.

Bert

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

Poetry should be and Im pretty quick to tell most poets if I pick up on it...

Though in the forums I think its a bit different I think abbreviations and internet slang are appropriate in here :o)

Just my thoughts Eirisa xoxox

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

OMG i hate it so much it's like y? i can't stand it! sry i don't wanna be mean but it drives me nuts

~lil slam~

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

LoL

Jacklyn did you see what you just wrote, that was funny- how you wrote it made what you wrote even more hilarious!

• Elyssa
    19 years ago

Yeah you just did what you said you hated!!!!! that was great.. but I really agree it pisses me off too!

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

I know LoL no hard feelings at all Jacklyn not bagging hun just found it a funny contradictory way of saying what you hated lol

• Desiree
    19 years ago

it's your poem type how you wnat to you wrote it!!!!!!

• Eibutsina
    19 years ago

LoL oh dear!

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

lol yay i funny! but really it rives me nuts i saw a poem writen like it and i was like i don't wanna read it anymore it's just like y?? i don't get it!

~lil slam~

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

no hard feelings =Eirisa= lol

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

wait a min were talkin about how you shouldn't write like ThIs rite and not about slang cause slang doesn't bother me all that much BuT THis SUrE DoEs who wants to take the time and do that anyways? but ne ways i think i kinda confused myself about something so i just clearing things up in my head (very blond!)

take care everyone lol bye bye
    ~lil slam~

• Lipton
    19 years ago

We're all writers to a degree. We should be able to type in such a way, that everyone can understand you. It makes people look ignorant if they type like this:

"Wer all writrs 2 a degree. We shuld b able 2 type so every1 can understand u. It makes peeps look dumb if tehy type lik tihs."

It also makes people look like they can't use a computer keyboard, in which case, you should get some "Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing!" or something to that degree. =)

~Ciao Lipton...... Mavis Beacon... XD

• t i f f a n y ♥
    19 years ago

omg I hate that soooo much!!!!! I use perfect grammer and punctuation in my poems. Not because I am a perfectionist or anything but just because I know how much I hate it when I read poems by other people and they are typed badly. I hate it!!!

• CinnamonTwirl
    19 years ago

uGh wHeN thE wOrDs aRe aLl indecCiSiVe wiT thE caPs...bleh, it makes me wanna ring my neck. In addition, no one should type in CAPS! your not cool, and the attention that your bringing to yourself is retarded. typing in caps isnt gonna make someone read your poem anymore than they did before just because it is yelling at them. Both of these things are visually abrassive and offensive

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

lol thats funny grammer lol grammar, i never been to good at spelling so i can't really talk just the person that said PERFECT spelled grammar wrong in the same sentance!

~lil slam~

• Hot_Trav_lover
    19 years ago

People can write how they want to! Its not like they are in school When they are writing on here! And i think it rude because you dont like it and have to say it becuase people can do that if they choose and if you dont like then why dont you not read it!

AMBER

• Dani Ward
    19 years ago

i think it is extremely annoying, i type in that shorthand style in im's and things, all the time, but when i type poetry it is in intelligable, readable typing. it just hurts my eyes to see people TyPe LiKe ThIs and using shorthand in poetry. i think it messes up the flow of the poem too. anyway, thats all i got to say. ciao~lyn

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

you know what i hate when your computer says that you should put your poem in slang category when you have no slang in it! i try to not have to put my poem in slang because i don't know about you but when i see a poem is in slang i lose intrest in it, idk it might just be me, but that really bothers me. PLP

~lil slam~ i may use slang when i write in notes or these post but i don't use them in my poems!

• Mandy
    19 years ago

OMFG I HATE IT LYK WOAH OMFG I LUVU SO MUCH DUNT BRAKE MA HART! grrrr....it pisses me off. its a POEM

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

how? because i have to change all of it's and she's all the time to she is and it is and it sounds funny!

• Tainted Butterfly
    19 years ago

I hate it too.

• Michelle
    19 years ago

Personally, I love the spell check...

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

i don't! PLP

~lil slam~

• ŦōüċhÌήğ ỀνĬĽ
    19 years ago

I agree with you..I don't really like it when people type like that

• no1important
    19 years ago

The spell check dosen't let me do that so i haven't been. But i agree when im reading someones poem i get stuck on those abbrevaitions and to me it makes it hard to read.

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

we were just having a little chat about it, then you go "oh my god" on all us! chill! PLP lets try to keep the peace k? :)

~lil slam~

• Jacklyn
    19 years ago

Freak OUT!!

• pinkalias
    19 years ago

hunnie bunnie
    you spelled "writing" wrong

I think it does matter. To write LyKe DiS creates an impression that your most likely a person who spends too much time in chat rooms and doesn't care about the art of literature if they're not willing to take it seriously on a poetry site.

• little birdy
    19 years ago

I really DO agree with you, and I think anything that's posted on a website for other people to actaully read should be written in proper grammar, it's just a sign of respect, that's how I think of it. I really don't like poems like that either, but I try to get around it and actually judge the poems itself. However, I DO think when you type poetry, it shouldn't be like that. Yea... it's cool when you're chatting with your friends on AOL, MSN, or YAHOO.... but that's different, that's when you're talking to your friends. Anyways, I agree with you on that one.

• NK
    19 years ago

not for the poems or quotes.. but for the forums i don't mind it so much

• Nicholle
    19 years ago

I agree, I hate illiterates.

• ASPHYXIATED
    18 years ago

dont do in your poems cause it gets annoying but when your just talking to people you can cause people get lazy typing proper......but its real annoying on poems!!!

• Amanda Bee
    18 years ago

Yes, I also think you should type correctly. If you are serious about your poetry then why not put your best foot forward?

• Ciera
    18 years ago

I completely agree! That annoys me so much! lol.