What inspires you to write?

• Baby B
    19 years ago

I am just kind of curious about what inspires you guys to write; a specfic place, room, person maybe even mood. Please tell me what gets you going with your writing.

• TC
    19 years ago

person, if there is noone to write to then I dont write

• David C
    19 years ago

What inspires me to write? Usually a person that I'm thinking about or the mood I'm in. Write to express your feelings! Haha.

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

Inspiration can come from something you never expect..like a certain smell, food, anything that turns you on...

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

Tim, you are so naughty all the time, this is the reason i dont let you out to play on your own anymore!

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

Hayley, how rude of you...you know I get inspired to write just by the thought of your smell !!

• heather
    19 years ago

okie lol

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

Tim do we have to share our sex life with all of these innocent people??

• hayley williams
    19 years ago

We took your advice, me and Tim got a room and now i have new inspiration. My next poem will be called "The Six Foot Snake"

• Brandon Evans
    19 years ago

Life experiance and a woman.

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

anything... mostly my feelings. The more extreme the emotion, the better the poem (or I should say, the easier it is to write)

• gasping for air
    19 years ago

it's feelings and moods for me..... alot of my poetry comes from me listening to music and writing about how it makes me feel or how i think the writer felt when they wrote the song, or sometimes i read other people's poems and come up with soemthing new (an idea) for mine....

• Kia
    19 years ago

what inspires my poems is shit that i get from my parents and my so-called friends, i take all the stress, all my anger and put it to words,

• More
    19 years ago

life it-self and the things that i go thru.

• Baby B
    19 years ago

After reading through all of these, I can see that a lot of you have the same inspiration and that is your mood or feelings. Some others have things like nature. I used to be the same way. Now my question is how do you guys keep your inspiration? How do you put words down when you are in that mood or in nature? I've lost my touch.

• Kia
    19 years ago

I dunno, i just write and write and write, i write what ever comes to me, i dont care about spelling i jus write as fast as i can. when im done i look at what i have written, some times i dont know what i have written till i read it over, then when i am done writtin it, i correct errors, and i change things to make it flow better or stuff like that, i carry a note book with me, so i always have some thing to write in,

• Emily Strickland
    19 years ago

My Mood And Things That Happen To Me Along The Way In Life Help Me To Write Down Poems And Express Myself But Other Times I Just Think Of A Subject And Write About It And Sometimes Its Something That Has Never Happened To Me Before.

• Heathergirl
    19 years ago

my boyfriend!!

• Hannah M.
    19 years ago

Everything. My mood. My feelings. My life. Everything.

• Jacki
    19 years ago

ghost stories, ghost movies, all super natural things I guess.

• FireCracker
    19 years ago

Well, uhh differnt things inspire me to write. . certain people, events, special emotions that I only have at that time. Uhh i cant say I need to be in a certain place to write but I do know I like to be alone and kind of keep it to myself. . and yes for me, what mood I am in plays a big factor, even for how good the poem will turn out !

• StarGirl
    19 years ago

mood... random feelings or thoughts.

• Bryce Ellner
    19 years ago

I write mostly about things that have happened to me, things that I want to happen to me, things that I dream up, sometimes people. I usually write most of my poems around friends though so I guess you could call them my good luck charm. I also like to write around my friends cause they're my favorite thing in the world. With out them, I would never have gotten the idea to write much of anything. (Thanks you guys/gals, wherever you are!)

• shawna
    19 years ago

when i'm most inspired, its when my emotions are overflowing, that way no matter what you put down, it all comes pouring out, real fast, you dont have time to think about making mistakes, because you know its real. you dont need to worry about falling over the whole inspiration issue.
    -shawna

• Rebekah
    19 years ago

My life and friends

• lostnloveless15
    19 years ago

my friend josh hes my life!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love you,josh

• Kevin J
    19 years ago

Inspiration comes to me from every and anywhere. I find alot of it reading other poetry...mostly amature writes

• Gracie Jo
    19 years ago

I find it easier to write when I'm upset/mad (emotions along those lines..).

• Lily Ashford
    19 years ago

i write about my feelings and if i carnt exspress the words by thought i try and sing them to a tune to help me think cause i carnt rely write happy

• Mild insomnia
    19 years ago

right, someone make a huge list that we can all add to of inspirational things, I'll start...

Rain,

hello? anybody wanna add? nope? ok...

• Jackie Prahl
    19 years ago

I tend to get inspired at random time but mostly when I learn new things in life wether good or bad it never matters and when I see things that are truely breath thaking, but noone ever votes for my poems so I never really know how my poems trun out, other than what my friends say and they just dont want me to get mad or dicuriged. however thats spelt lol. so I guess I am asking some of you to vote on any of my poems. thanks bye.

• James Goranson
    19 years ago

every time that a girl breaks up with me, i go on like binges of writting. like i wont stop writting for weeks until i find someone new and then i quit for a while.

• Sarah
    19 years ago

I have been inspired by old loves and the emotions they left me w/, my husband has evocted plenty of inspiration in my life, my mother has breast cancer, and so that's been what I've written about a lot lately! Love and life...that's what makes the words flow...

Sarah

• Sammie
    19 years ago

Well i have to agree with you that it spills from the cracks of a broken heart... Yea mostly all my poetry is from that... Also alot of my work is from things that have happened to me through the years.... It helps me feel out my emotins and helps me get it all off and out there in the open... Even thouhg on this site no1 knows me they still kno how i feel and where im coming from from my work..... But mostly my poetry comes within my heart and soul.. I write how i feel and write what i kno form expericance.

• Jacki
    19 years ago

lately its been serial killers

• Rafael Navarro
    19 years ago

The basic feelings Love anger sadness and happienss to bad people only enjoy reading and writing sad poems and i am one of them sad to say.

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

My friends write some good stuff. Like Zara, Flea, Goot, shadowmaker, etc. I can't list all you people, it'd take too long. I wrote System because of Lynley and Sweet Darkest Abyss because of shadowmaker. So to everyone that inspired me, thanks. You know who you are (and if you don't for some particular reason, thanks anyway). My own death inspires me, also a lot of the dreams I have. I see things in my dreams, like a lot of the stuff I write about I dreamt of. Peace, love and empathy.
    -Belle Misericordia

• DMG
    19 years ago

I am inspired to write by everything I see: a friend, a TV show, or a story I hear. Everything can be inspiring, but the mood in which the writer is in has a lot to do with their interpretation of the inspiration.

• Mustardhart
    19 years ago

Dwelling on a thought that is prominent in my life.

Getting inspiration through the life and values I get to appreciate, dislike, or remain inbetween about.

Write based on random thoughts and feelings aroused by pains, joy, tear, laughter, truimph in others, myself and the world.

Sometimes thorogh heart search over my experiences and lessons learnt as i reflect.

• SCARECROW
    19 years ago

I know this is in the wrong section, but I'm doing this on purpose. I need some help.. Please check out my post, it's called 'my friend has been abused' and it is on the requests to read/comment poems part of the forum. I would like some comments for a poem about a friend who has been abused, and it'll tell you why. The story is true all the way. I would appreciate it.