how come i can only write sad poems?

• **~Lucy~**
    17 years ago

how is that i can only write sad poems? i mean i try and write happy ones but the crash and burn ????
    anybody knows what i am talking about?

• SECRET
    17 years ago

maybe you've forgotten what happiness is..

• **~Lucy~**
    17 years ago

i could try writing about being confussed about being happy and sad.

• Kaylee
    17 years ago

Write. In time you'll learn how to write happiness poems.

• Suchapoetictradgedy
    17 years ago

I mostly write sad poems too. But its not because you choose to or anything of that nature! Its mainly because that is what you know, its your way of getting all of your pain, fears, and open wounds and laying them out on the table for the world to see in the form of your poetry!

I hope that helped!!!

~!Flying High!~

• bethan
    17 years ago

yeah i know how u feel ... im the same way. but maybe because u see the dark side of life... and u dont look at the good things in life and because u look at the dark side so much u can easily write a sad poem. maybe u should look at the bright side of life for a while then try write a poem

xhope my advice help'sx

• Emi
    17 years ago

Personally. I think sad poems are easier to write than "happy" poems. Happy poems need alot more thought, etc.

• ♥•oOo Nikki oOo•♥©
    17 years ago

I'm Still Not Good In Writing Certain Poems, It Just Gives Me More Amo To Write About Subjects I Suck On Because I Can Only Get Better Right?...So Maybe You Should Try And Practice Writing Brighter Poems And You'll Be Suprised What You Come Up With *Keep Poetry Alive* xoxo-Nikki-xoxo

• LadyPearl
    17 years ago

For a long time, the only poems I could write was sad or dark and maybe a lucky nature one. It was all based on my moods. Take a break in your life and enjoy the morning smell. Have some fun, go on vacation, etc. I still have certain poems that is harder for me to write.

• Avrii Monrielle
    17 years ago

it's okay to be sad. there's a time for everything,and i'm confident that you will get back on track when the sad time's gone ;) just wait it out if you have to. in the meantime, try writing about what you wish would happen? just a suggestion, but i hope and know u will get better ! :)

• **~Lucy~**
    17 years ago

thank you for your help i will take it allin to account and try and focus on wriing a happy poem

• amandaa
    17 years ago

you have not forgotten what happiness is. Promise.

When I first started writing it was my way of coping with problems. So when i started writing a poem, it kind of let out all anger and depression and took a little of it away for a while, resulting in a depressing poem before me. This might be the case with you, Lol only you can know that.
    I don't think you should try too hard to write a "happy" poem. Just write whatever you feel like writing about, and if you're in a good mood that might be what your poem shows.

Good luck!

• myshiningstar14
    17 years ago

i understand..maybe its because you've never really been happy and thats all you want, so you try and write happy poems but all you have deep inside you are the memories of lonliness nad death, and tears and broken hearts.

But deep inside everyone i guarentee you'll find that happy place. good lucck wit that, keep in touch.

Lissa

• ari
    17 years ago

maybe because your inspiration comes from those things sad, and that the inspiration to write happy things isn't as strong as the one of those things sad. Just a thought :)

• Catherine
    17 years ago

Possibly because you are sad or depressed in your life. If you base your poems on your life, but you are depressed, then of course your poems will be sad. I don't think you should fight it. Your insperation is insperation. When you get happy insperation, you'll write a happy poem. Until then, just wait.

Cathrine

• Gemma Sinead Hayward
    17 years ago

Maybe because you wrote 'how come'

Why people why!

• jackie
    17 years ago

didn,t you people ever think that the reason u all cant stop writin sad poems is b/c inside ur jst 2 sad... i mean com on people. all ur writings come from wut u really think about the world right. so there's ur ans. ur all jst deeply sad inside. so jst do wut u do best + keep on writin ur sad poems.

• Chandini
    17 years ago

Writing sad poems isn't a bad thing and doesn't necessarily mean you're a really sad person, take that from me if you take nothing else! I'm a really happy kind of a person but happy poems just sound forced. All I can say is keep trying, but not too hard. Write a happy poem when it feels like the right time because otherwise it won't come out right and you'll keep feeling like you can't do it. Just keep trying and one day it'll come to you. x

• Stacey
    17 years ago

I am an extremely happy person but I find I can only write sad poems too. This is because I deal with happiness in a different way. I use poetry as an outlet for pain, fear and sadness, and this is why I can only write poems about these.

Hope that helped! :)

• more den just a broken smile
    17 years ago

ye that happens to me aswell i think sad poems are more interesting and we like to express ourself with sad poems

• PygmyPuff
    17 years ago

Poems are inspired by events. Your lifestyle is your biggest inspiration. Is you life sad?

[PygmyPuff]

• Crimson Heartbreak
    17 years ago

Personally I can only really write sad poems, but I chose to. I write when i need to let sadness or anger out.
    I suppose it's because i don't really like sharing things in poetry when i'm so happy, which seems kinda selfish now that i think about it because its like sharing the bad but not the good eh?
    But i agree with what some other people said (sorry i didnt stop to check the names.) If you practise at letting the happiness out in the same way you write and let sadness out, you should get better at it. :)
    gd luck with writing about happy things! xxx

• Jenny
    17 years ago

Hey girl...I know what u meen...it just takes lots and lots of practice...but yet mine are mostly still sad and depressing...
    Love
    Jennifer

• White Blizzard
    17 years ago

You write sad peoms because thats what your heart feels, you're not happy. You will auto write sad poetry because something/someone has hurt you and you cant get over it. Look at my poetry, it took just 1 girl to do all of that sadness to me.

Take Care

• ♥ Nobody ♥
    17 years ago

I know what your talking about....but I think the problem is you don't want to feel happy....You want to write happy poems but on the other hand you just want to be sad. Maybe it's the only way you know how to feel. Idk just a thought!
    Leah :D

• RainbowSlider
    17 years ago

I believe our mood; frame of mind and the poetry itself is an expression of ourself.

• Love Panda
    17 years ago

just write what you think about or feel.

if still no happiness then get out there and start enjoying life-doesnt have to be much-it could be a little happy moment that you shared with a mate or family or partner-use it and spread it out, go in depths and you should get a really great poem.

• Ed or Ian Henderson
    17 years ago

"Because Sad and depressing poems are easyier to write, and most people perfer reading Sad/Depressing poems as well."

I'll disagree with you there, to an extent. Sad/depressing depends on the perspective. There are some very personal poems about how sad/depressed people on here feel that are frankly a dire and uninspiring read. But then there are poems about sad/depressing topics (such as environmental issues or warfare) that are EXCEPTIONAL reading material.

Good poetry that can carry a melancholy message is not in any way easy to write well. But anyone in a sad mood can knock out 16 lines of angst-riddled clichés in about 10 minutes.

"i no how u feel. 5/5" :-/

What I like to read in the quagmire of sad poems on here are the ones that have some inspiration, and some note of positivity in them. Ones that, you know... actually GO somewhere rather than just say "Hello, I'm sad. Goodbye."

• Cassie
    17 years ago

I find that i also seem to write a lot of sad poems. About lost friendships, lost love, and even darkness. They are so depressing. I find i write too many depressing poems.

• Alex
    17 years ago

I'm a typically happy person. But many of my poems are about sad things. I think it's just that a lot of the time the happy things don't seem as inspirational.

• blueknight
    17 years ago

yeah your right and you can put all your deep feeling on a sad poems you can easily describe what you are talking about i write sad poems when i have a problem

• mookoo
    17 years ago

my poems are mostly sad and angsty, but i get out my most compelling emotions when i write these poems, and it just flows through easiest. besides, i think there is a certain beauty that carries in any topic as mysterious and unknwon as death and depression. it brings a feeling to your poem. few cliche and undescriptive lines, often turn me away from this genre, but with good imagery, there is something wonderful about it. hope this opinion is helpful

• SaveMe?
    17 years ago

i do this every single one of my 50 poems are sad poems save 3 which are about sad love i only do this beacuse i only write poetry when i feelsad so the only emotion that comes out it sadness.. i dont know if you only write when you feel down or what but this is what i do =]
    xxx

• Lutu
    17 years ago

i have stopped trying to write happy poems.. i dont know where to start even.. sadness is emotion that can stay in you for long time happyness is just passing mood.. n so sad poems r more about what im really feeling..

• BrokenREALiTy
    17 years ago

Well almost all of my poems cept a few are poems about heartbreak . X) i kant seem to write about anything happy , cuhs` i gave that up a long time ago . sadness is somethin` that`ll stey wit`chu fer a heckuva long tiimee ... happiness has been somethin` i RARELY FEEL `nd it always ends up too short ... so ionno .
    ..ღ__MiNDYY

• DarkPoetess
    17 years ago

b4 i can answer that ? i need to know something.... do u write wat u feel, wat u want to feel, wat u have felt, or something else entirely? i fall under the first 3 catogories, which is y my poems range everywhere, even if i haven't gotten them posted yet.

• Gary Jurechka
    17 years ago

I've made my reputation(and been published often) by writing sad and melancholy poetry.It seems people can really relate to this-the more personal, the more universal.I have nothing against 'happy' poems and have written a few. But for myself, the therapy and carthasis of down pieces allows me to release that emotion.I think this is the appeal of 'sad' poems.Release, a purging of the soul.Write what you feel.Let it go.

Gary Jurechka

• Keath
    17 years ago

Yes, I understand you completely. I'm also not capable to write happy and blissful poems, they are always sad, emo or depressive and have a bad ending. But that’s not because I'm depressive ( cause I’m not)
    I think you just have to live with it. It's not a bad thing and you shouldn’t ignore your nature of writing. Sad poems aren't bad, just different than happy poems.

• Brittany
    17 years ago

yes i cannot write happy poems either and when i try the either turn into a sad poem or the suck big time ... i wonder why that is but yeah just try thats all we sad poem writers can do

• Bret Higgins
    17 years ago

We are only limited by our imagination.

Poetry doesn't have to be real or a commentary on our own life and perspective.

I don't think I've written a melancholy poem about myself ever, perhaps I've never had to. Sure, I've composed pieces that are sad upon reflection that relate to past experiences but I consider that to be a different kettle of fish entirely.

At the end of the day I don't think it matters what you write, but that you write it and also that you learn and make improvements in at least area of writing when you do so.