PPl don't read all poems-only the tops...maybe a suggestion!

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

I don't know if there would be a way to incorporate this but i was thinking something like everytime you click on a poet's profile the poems could come up in a random order, one that would be different every time. that way you could read the top few which wouldn't neccesarily be the most recent so you could get some fresh comments on old poems. then with a red/blue feature showing what you have already clicked on would be helpful but not neccesary...well those are mythoughts if they make any sense. buhbye!

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

good idea:)

• Timothy r
    19 years ago

I love that idea so much...i hope it happens..

• Chelsea R.
    19 years ago

i like that idea!!

• Kayla Sonya Dearing
    19 years ago

I like it too.

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

Janis-would it even be possible to make it work like that?

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

anybody else agree or disagree? cuz the more support the more likely it is to happen

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

dum de dum de dum-sry just wanted to refresh this again-im wanting to get support...lol...or at least arguments!!!

• Jacki
    19 years ago

thats a really good idea!!!

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

since everytime i refresh this it seems at least 1 more person see's it....lol

*refresh*

• Mana Lynn
    19 years ago

that's cool-i only have 2 so i don't have that problem yet...lol...but ya that would be good because i only read the top few poems too...

• Broken
    19 years ago

I DEFINATLY AGREE!! Thats a really thoughtfull idea and I do think that more poems would get read....congratulations on such a great idea...
    -Love You, Sierra Rae
    -----Merrily (mhyrr)

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

yay! myhrr! you posted!!! lol but you spelled mhyrr wrong!!! lol-luv ya! hey evry1 else-why don't ya say watcha think!!! lol

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

wait... maybe we can arrange the poems ourselves so that we can let other poets know which ones we need most critiques on. just a thought..

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

ya-another suggestion i had from a dif post was for there to be choices how to arrange them like by date, by name, by number of votes, by number of comments, and random. ya-i think that would be a good idea. but maybe arranging them how we wantwould be good too.

• Allen
    19 years ago

Arrr Sierra, good to see you with your name back :D I really like Victoria's idea I would like to place a few of my half old - half new poems on the top so people would read them :)

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Top idea...i have a habit of post a bunch of poems all at once...and usually only on of them gets attention and more importantly, advice.

BOLD EFFORT BADGE TO YOU MR MAN.

• Kevin
    19 years ago

Of course each authors poems would appear as they were posted in sequential order so we can all keep track.

But yeah, when somoene else views them...SHAZAM!!

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

ya that's good too so we could see them in order

• FTS Miles
    19 years ago

Beautiful idea!

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

ya i like the idea that the authors could put them in w/e order they wanted...that way they could rotate the poems themselves so each would get equal top space...hmm...

• Luvmeluvr
    19 years ago

Super good idea! LOL I have poems that nobody seems to read waaaaaaay down at the bottom. I would love for them to be at the top sometimes, you know? :-)

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

but that would only help the ppl that wrote one-not everyone else on the site-and i don't think it would help too much-but who knows.

btw about some ppl not wanting this-what if we could choose how people see our poems and how we see other peoples poems.

• Chelsea R.
    19 years ago

I really really REALLY want that to happen!! it would be soooo cool to be able to arrange your own poems how you want! i have like 180 poems and so i never get new comments on the bottom ones and that would help a lot!! i really hope janis makes this happen because it seems to me A LOT of people love that idea

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

hm-if there's any comp people-would there even be a way to do this??

• Chelsea R.
    19 years ago

is Janis gone or something? he has not been replying at all really...and i want to know if he has seen this post or not because its a good idea if it is possible!

• Idiosyncratic
    19 years ago

good idea!

• Chelsea R.
    19 years ago

ya that is kinda a good idea i guess but u should put that in another topic place cuz we r talkin about being able to arrange poems however we want so we can but our best ones or ones that havent been commented on as much on top and stuff.

• ~*^*~ longing to belong ~*^*~
    19 years ago

great idea

• Chelsea R.
    19 years ago

ya...where is janis!!! newayz that would be totally cool to be able to arrange our poems how we want!

• vanessarrr
    19 years ago

thanks shantalinamarie:)

i mean, how often do we get comments on our very first poems? sometimes when i come across a new poet in this site or someone i've never met before, i try to rate their most recent and first poems. it's a good habit.

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

ya where is janis!?!? does anyone else have any say on this?

• Chelsea R.
    19 years ago

I wish Janis would make some kind of contact with this website so we know it won't totally fall apart! Does ANYONE KNOW where the heck he is!?!?!

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

I dont think the site is falling apart, it's just a little behind, which will be fixed when Janis comes back hopefully. I hope he's okay-he hasn't been on in a while. Janis we love you!! come back please!!!

• Chelsea R.
    19 years ago

um Louisa its not "complaining crap" most people just make suggestions on here to make the site better....and i hope janis comes back soon 2 its been a long time

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

sheesh-does everyone have to fight all the time...my gosh. everyone hopes janis will come back and be okay-but the site isn't falling apart it's just a little dusty...after a while it could get worse if we don't get anyone in here.

• Bogie
    19 years ago

Excellent idea, in a random order would be one way.
    How about like the favorites icon on explorer, click
    on it and “bang” a list of all your poems come up and
    you can organize them, just drag and drop or paste
    and cut. With the other idea to list the random part
    by date, comments or votes. And we control if it’s
    random or the list we have made up is what the
    visitor sees. these ideas would work together great.

What do you think Janis?
    this site loves and needs you,
    all hope you are ok and get
    back real soon.

• Sad_Little_Kitty_Kat
    19 years ago

i love that idea i think its great not much pll post any thing on my old poems i think that sucks but great idea;)
    ~stacy~

• Sierra Rae
    19 years ago

does anyone know if janis is actually back or not???

• PnQ Mod Account
    19 years ago

no, I don't...usually he leaves a message if he is back.... but someone has refreshed the "weekly" contest winners. He could have told someone how to do it... or he could be working on some of the problems we've listed here.

but like I said, He usually leaves a message when he comes back... so I don't know....