Expressing Your Feelings

• StephanieH
    17 years ago

Too write a poem, I always use how i really feel in a poem.. which I think makes it a better poem.
    not sure if anyone else feels that way..
    But some people say that just making up a poem makes it "Better" I dont think thats true.
    Wat do u think?

• Anonymous Angel
    17 years ago

I think you're right, I do the same too, I put my feelings in my poems.

• -mZ.mHaUii-
    17 years ago

everybody says, poems is where you're expressing something good either bad in you.,How you feel and probably what do you feel..

• StephanieH
    17 years ago

that is soo true

• Samantha
    17 years ago

yes i do the same.i kind of express my feelings in it..i dont know if its a bad thing but sometimes the poems come out smoothly..

• Unseen Exposure
    17 years ago

Poems from the heart are the most powerful, I believe, but not necessarily the 'best'. Have you ever read a poem about something simple and thought, "wow, that was beautiful"? In some cases, the writers of those types of poems don't always put all of their emotions into the subject, they just know, stylistically, how to write with vigour and know how to captivate a reader.

• StephanieH
    17 years ago

Yeah that's true. So basically it doesn't matter if it comes from the heart or is made up, depending on your choice of words, it'll always turn out to be a better poem. but if you write from your experiences it turns out to be more meaningful and theres more to write about.

• Marissa
    17 years ago

when i write poems i express my emotions at the time and my feelings or some experience i have had in the past or hope to have in the future

• Freddie
    17 years ago

Write a poem to suit everybody, no-one will love because it is all over the place and has no underlying message, write a poem to suit yourself and everybody will love it because it gathers everything together. Write about your emotions, its what you know best.

• Boy
    17 years ago

yeh write wat you feel expresss your heart feelings. but try to do very well during writing

• Gauraw Patil
    17 years ago

My poems are my feelings only... I never decide any subject to write a poem... I just write what I feel...

• Chrissie
    17 years ago

I mostly write poetry that comes from my heart. From what i'm feeling at that moment. But sometimes, when i just get a idea, i write something to do with another charater that i ahve made up in my mind. I try to understand what i would feel if i was in that situation and i write about it. It takes more time than my usual poems, but it gives me somethign to do and it helps me out if i'm ever actually in that situation. Write how you want, either personally or non-personal. It doesnt matter.

• Veamm
    16 years ago

I write my thoughts in a paper.. that absolutely right

• X l i l T a n i X
    16 years ago

I write about my feelings

• Independence Forever
    16 years ago

Half of my poems i just write, most of my love poems are just me writing, not feeling any of it. it's the same with some of my sad poems and with some of the poems i have in other genres

• Big hersh
    16 years ago

Just write what you feel and you should be fine

• Alex D
    16 years ago

Feelings go into some poems but I don't agree if you think they go in every poem. Does a writer really die when he writes a poem about suicide? Does he necessarily want to commit suicide? I don't think so. I know I don't and it's a common theme in my writing. Feelings are a major segment of personal poetry. I just don't believe it's in all poetry.

• Robert Gardiner
    16 years ago

I personally think, writing simply just what you feel is over rated. In the moment, you can't always capture your feelings, or should I say express them. I think, the best poems have a large mental aspect to them, are the ones where the writer, poet, actually thought about what they where writing and just didn't write just whatever came out. Sometimes that does work, and most certainly, it works for a first draft, but feeling don't always have structure - sometimes they're just jumbled up emotions and that doesn't read well - so we have to give them structure, by sorting through them and applying our mental aptitude, by taking the time to choose the words, tone, rhythm, ect. that properly express what it is we're trying to express in it most effective and captivating form. You want to write earnestly and with fervor, and to express the truth in and of whatever it is you're writing, writing about, but you want is to be structured, as well, in some manner or form, so that it may best captivate your reader, audience!!!

• khate
    16 years ago

I write my feelings,.^_^

• TwistedAngel xx
    16 years ago

Most are about my feelings and stuff that happens to me and some are just ideas that i really like that are in my head and i want to write them down before i forget.
    lol
    xx

• c 0 n f u s e d
    16 years ago

I think writing about how u feel makes a poem more interesting. and especially if the reader can relate .