Poetry is life

• NuovoVesuvio
    17 years ago

It is boring debating subjects so immersed in subjectivity (because you cannot achieve anything), more boring yet to debate it with fools.

• NuovoVesuvio
    17 years ago

Haha. 'Many words are poverty'.

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

Alright, I'm going to say something really crazy.

Poetry is NOT life.

• sibyllene
    17 years ago

I think poetry reflecfts life. (Art imitates life... life imitates art..) Sometimes it's hard to figure out which is the world and which is the mirror.

• Deana
    17 years ago

Illuminati,If all comments could be as thought provoking and intellegent as yours one could really learn and find enjoyment from this site,thank you.

• Teria
    17 years ago

Poetry isn't life, it only defines it.

• silvershoes
    17 years ago

^ You contradict yourself.

• Fluffy
    17 years ago

"But I think you ‘r a little twisted according to what I read about you so far."

Yep. He's twisted alright.

• Marc Ortiz
    17 years ago

"Poetry is life itself" yeah I believe in this too

• Fluffy
    17 years ago

"Dear Elysium I think I was wrong you were talking about another person
    If it is correct, my apology. next time mention who you are talking to please.
    But still I am so sorry."

^What?! =s.

• Olorin
    17 years ago

I think the meaning of this is simple. Poetry is life itself. Poetry is created from life experiences. You either heard something that happened to someone or you experienced something and you write how you felt about that situation. So I guess you could say life breeds poetry and poetry enhances the beauty of ones own life.

Since we all share similar experiences this can be shared with other people and they can better understand and relate to what the situation is.

• Ashleigh Skye
    17 years ago

Wow that first quote was amazing.. im gonna have to write it on my desk. thanx for sharing it with us all

• Nick who Plays Pool
    17 years ago

Same here it is a good quote :)

• The Angel of Secrets
    17 years ago

Nice quote, i agree

• ImmortalKitty
    17 years ago

In sense i agree, poetry has become my heart, which is as so many see it, ones life. Poetry is my way of saying the words I can not say outloud.

• Cindy
    17 years ago

Like to see real poetry as windows, not mirrors. Windows that open our eyes and allow us to see something completely and refreshingly new "

Illuminati.......How true your words are....and your poetry is so beautiful...One can get lost in your words my friend.

Poetry inflects highly into my life. I love writing.

Stephen.....Poetry has changed my life....given it meaning once again. I understand what you are saying.

• Narphangu
    17 years ago

I wouldn't go so far as to say "poetry is life,"

I think poetry is our way of interpreting life, and interpreting ourselves.

And anyway, someone might say that life itself is like a poem.

A good poem stays with someone long after they've read it.

When you make a difference in the world, your legacy stays with people for, who knows how long...
    Suffice to say a long time.

And anyways, literature is one of the most important things we humans have thus accomplished. And poetry is a part of that. You can't demote poetry, because there's always something which will speak to you, even on the smallest level, in every poem you read.

Maybe you don't even realize it's influence.

But poetry is important.
    It is not life itself.
    But it is a part of life.

• ari
    17 years ago

Poetry is narrating other people's emotions and views, so it is telling others about life. It is not life itself, though life is reflected in poetry. Life is a poem within itself, really.

• Nick who Plays Pool
    17 years ago

You have to be a very dedicated poet to think that. Apparently this person wrote poetry all his life and he liked it so much he said that.

• Isabelle
    17 years ago

Yea, I think poetry is an art form, and a life...quite honestly, it's all I do. The only reason why I go to school, is to see my friend, and learn poetry in English.

P.S. Don't accuse me of having a sucky life, or needing to get one. Poetry is my life...PERIOD!

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Yeah..poetry is life..can't live without it