When you write...

• waiting 4 some1
    17 years ago

Just wondering...when you write your poems(i mean one type of poems, for example love poems) do you always have someone on your mind(a real person i mean) and most of the time is it a specific person?

• Noir
    17 years ago

I write what I feel...I make my poems as though they are alive, and I make the poem close to my heart...

If I write a love poem, I use someone as my muse, that way, whatever emotion I feel for them, written in words will be even more beautiful.

• ASPHYXIATED
    17 years ago

A few poems I have written with a certain person in mind.
    & A few friendship poems.

But I find it easier to put myself in another persons position and to write about it.
    Because when I right about a certain person I become blocked :]]

• xo kisses xo
    17 years ago

Most of them, yes. but some of my poems i write for my friends and their love lives

• Independence Forever
    17 years ago

Not always, but some of my best poems have come from something or someone that irks me.

• skynerraw
    17 years ago

Most of my poems are about a certain guy, or about my friends

• Independence Forever
    17 years ago

It's me ain't it?

• Sara
    17 years ago

Most of the time, when im writing poems i do write them about my love life...

but some of my other poems, i also write for my friends... like one of my friends who was cheated on, so i wrote a poem for her, and stuff like that haha

• Gem
    17 years ago

Whenever i write a love poem... He's on my mind and paper

<<<<

• Independence Forever
    17 years ago

He's on mine too.

• Eibutsina
    17 years ago

As someone who has been an expressive poetry writer for ten years plus now, I have noticed the way my poetry and quality of writing has grown as I have as a person. This thread also made me realise I have also grown in the way and places that I source my inspiration (or in my current case lack there of) from. As a teenager it would always be about someone, my crush, my friend, my teacher, my parents or something that had specifically happened - an event. But since then I found my inspiration from alot more wider variety of sources...from my religion, to social or political issues to parenthood...to other things which just have no relevance to me or my lifestyle at all...

Interesting thread :o)

• Romancing the Darker Side
    17 years ago

I don't always have a certain person in mind, but it helps to make the poem sound more realistic and heartfelt if you do.

• Sandra D
    17 years ago

Weh i write my poems, im usually thinking about my best friend... but don't tell him tht, he'll kill me...

• Lori Lee
    17 years ago

I do. every love poem i wrote was about someone real. i've never really tried to do it the other way though.

• Infected with His Deadly Love
    17 years ago

Usually yes.

• Melpomene
    17 years ago

It depends on the writer really, Like i write love poems about my bf, but a year ago before we were dating i'd write about a guy i'd imagine i'd find and be with. So i guess it depends on the person and situation.

• Baby Rainbow
    16 years ago

I do indeed, although when i write sad poems aimed at people the people some times change but mostly the other topics are the same person xx

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

Rarely.

Only directly after a traumatizing event, such as a goodbye or familiar-death do I write about actual people. Other than that, i try to make my emotions seem real...
    You know, I don't know....

• homebound
    16 years ago

Everytime I write I have someone on my mind. Even if the poem isnt exactly true about that person its close. Having someone on my mind is really what inspires because its either how i feel towards them or them towards me or what they are going through.

• December
    16 years ago

No =)
    I just put myself in others' situation most of the times.

[I know i haven't got many poems here, but it's because i write mainly in portuguese.
    Will try to write more in english =P
    *]

• ABake
    16 years ago

Not necessarily a specific person.....but sometimes it can be about you boyfriend, girlfriend,fiancee wife,husband or whatever that person is. Or it could be about your feelings towards a specific person. Does that make sence?

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Well, no and yes..its depends

• Rose not your average
    16 years ago

Usually but i dont write love poems so....

• silvershoes
    16 years ago

I used to, but that was before writing became more of a hobbie instead of just an emotional release.

• Viola
    16 years ago

Sometimes yes. i have a certain person in mind..this is usually after a fight or a break up or whatnot..and i'm upset so i sit down and write my feelings towards the person. at other times no. i just happen to write from another person's point of view or just a general poem..that can be towards everyone.

• Sandra D
    16 years ago

For me its usually my best friend Ryan or its my Mom

• BrokenREALiTy
    16 years ago

I used to . But now poetry is more of a hobby and not a form of venting .

• X Kashies Misery X
    16 years ago

Well to me, I think that when ever there is a poem, it ALWAYS reflects the persons personaliy and past expierences....so yeah, when I write mine....whether i like it or not it still has a bit of my personal life in it.....

• Amy
    16 years ago

Not always.

• StarvingForPerfection
    16 years ago

I always do, but that's just me