Why do YOU write poetry?

• Molly
    17 years ago

What is the reason YOU write poetry?

• Marc Ortiz
    17 years ago

I write poetry because I'm really depressed right now.. And to improve my english.. lol.

• Mommy And Me
    17 years ago

I write because it is something that i am able to control and i can figure out what i need to do with what i write.

• RainbowSlider
    17 years ago

I write poetry because I love it. I used to think that I couldn't write poetry.

• mohamed
    17 years ago

I write poetry cos i like it.. and i enjoy writing.hmmm tats all

• Corinne
    17 years ago

Because I can

Because a voice whispers to me that I should - or I must!

Because it's a creative outlet

• Matt Boxx
    17 years ago

I write poetry because it's something I can do without feeling like its an old routine. I love writing because it relaxes me and keeps my mind at ease. Without writing I'd more than likely be on some form of depression/mood stabilizing medication.

• jackie
    17 years ago

I love to write it becoues it shows how i feel and express me and why i like it u can be i your own lil world and thats why i like it

• I will love you Forever and not a day less
    17 years ago

I write poetry to express how i feel. And i just love to write poetry........it could be about me or other people....

• Debbie
    17 years ago

Because I love to write.

• Mommy And Me
    17 years ago

I write because when i was in grade 7 and was having a tough time my english teacher intorduced us to poetry and i found it as an outlet to my pain. haha ever sense i have expanded and now i write because i can and love to and enjoy to :)

• Kristyn
    16 years ago

I write poetry because i feel like it is the only way to express myself. when i leave this dreadful world my poems will be left here with my words, my feelings, my emotions. i just feel like i need to leave something of my own behind and its the perfect way. :)

• Linds
    16 years ago

I write poetry bc I love writting and it enspires me to do better.

• Untamed
    16 years ago

I write poerty to let out my thoughts, imaginations, feelings/emotions, and a part of me.

• Choose xX Alex Xx Life
    16 years ago

I wrte eithe to help me put my feeling onto paper, or to inspire and change views about the world. Id love you all to think like me lol om i woulndt really otherwisethere would be no one to make feel good about themselves lol

xxx alex xxx

• Christina Gomes
    16 years ago

I write to say things i otherwise have trouble expressing.

• skynerraw
    16 years ago

I write to vent ^ haha Tabitha :P And I write to express myself because I can't really talk to anyone n/o meant Molly and Tabitha though

• Goran Rahim
    16 years ago

Because that is the only way my voice can reach to a person that my heart admire.
    because that is the only way i can get rid of some of my pain
    that is the only way I feel like I have a voice in this lost world.

• Jessica
    16 years ago

Hey Molly! lol i write poetry to express my feelings and cuz i can! lOl!

• Just Lucy
    16 years ago

I write to empty my feelings, to relieve them from inside of me, so I can sleep better at night haha kind of like my meditation haha how weird is that

• BREEawNUHH
    16 years ago

Hm.
    Many reasons, I suppose.

Poetry helps me get things out without having to explain the situation.
    I've found that it's easier for myself to put my feelings down on paper then to say it out loud.

• imyours4now
    16 years ago

I write poetry because it helps me let out a lot of my insecurities and feelings

• KT Mackey
    16 years ago

I write poetry when I'm angry, or sad or anything like that, it helps me vent frustration and other things

• BrokenREALiTy
    16 years ago

Because poetry is the beauty that I can`t lose, even when I grow old (:

• Ashleigh Skye
    16 years ago

Because it helps me express what I wouldnt be able to say otherwise and it makes me feel better afterwards.

• judith redmount
    16 years ago

Poetry is a way I can express my feeling without boundaries

• kolorful
    16 years ago

I feel like i can just get what im feeling out there and see what other people think

• Kasie
    16 years ago

I write poetry because I feel that I can express myself freely. I write all off my poems from my heart. Writing poetry is my way of telling someone how much I care, or how much i'm hurt by their actions, or something of that sort. And most importantly I write poety because I love it.

• erica
    16 years ago

If i write sad ones i write them to get things off my chest cause i can explain how i feel better in poems than words x when i write happy ones i just write them because i wana stand up and scream and shout about it so it just calms me down putting pen to paper ha ha x

• alexanderthegreat
    16 years ago

I write to say what i cannot

• Sandra D
    16 years ago

I write everything that im afraid to tell people

i do it because im afraid of what people would truly think about me if they really knew me.

because i NEED to get all these mixed up feeling out of my head

because it's the only way i can express myself

• Jordan
    16 years ago

I write poetry to spite society and religion.

I write poetry to make ugly things seem somehow beautiful.

I write poetry to confuse people.

I sometimes write poetry to shock people.

I write poetry out of boredom.

I write poetry in order to be creative.

I write poetry because I can, and because I love it.

Those are a few reasons.

• DeathlyAmore
    16 years ago

I write to release something I cant say. To ease... And because I can.

• homebound
    16 years ago

Poetry helps me just release everything! instead of having to blow at someone or complain to them, i am able to throw it out there through poetry. Also when i write about how im confused im able to expand and make up my mine!
    love always! Love and Trust

• brie kelly wise
    16 years ago

That's really the only way I like to express myself. I don't like talking face to face with someone about my feelings.

• Leah20
    16 years ago

I write poetry because it makes me feel alive. It makes me feel some how human.

• alone in the crowd
    16 years ago

I write poetry to relieve myself from the stress of the world. I love the rythym. I love the way the words tumble from your mind and appear on paper and you feel as though all of your troubles are gone as long as those words dance upon those lines. Poetry is the sky in which my soul flies. It is the one place where my mind can roam and never be lost but only find comfort. Lying comfortably in the grasps of words and stanzas.

• -=-*_a_[n]_g_[e]_l_*-=-
    16 years ago

When the emotions begins to be overwhelming that i couldn't handle it through action, poetry has always been an excellent outlet of it.

• DeathlyAmore
    16 years ago

To relax

• david
    16 years ago

For to reasons... One, because I express myself through it. Second, I feel good about myself because I feel that I've acomplished somthing in my life.