What are your favorite kind of poems?

• xxSuicidalxx
    16 years ago

What are you favrotie kinds of poems? Do you like thenm if they ryme or not....just curious to what you all like in poems!

• xxSuicidalxx
    16 years ago

I mean, do you like sad poems...love poems...ect. you get my point :)

• Pete
    16 years ago

I think you will find that every one has their own different perceptions on what makes a good poem. Thats what i like about poetry - what you like isn't always what the next person likes.

My personal preference is to have a solid rhyme structure. At the moment i love reading poems that have rhymes at the end of a sentence and within the sentence themselves. I think that's just a phase though. I do read poems without a rhyme structure, and can still apreciate them for the good piece of literature they are.

For me the flow is the most important thing about a poem, If it doesn't flow right in my head i don't read it.

Like i say though, everyone will have a different opinion.

Peace.
    ~Pete.

• Jenni Marie
    16 years ago

This has been asked countless times. see the search forum? There's a reason for it.

• bequi
    16 years ago

Sad and scary

~~ --<--@ ~~

• Poet on the Piano
    16 years ago

I love poems about love, any kind. I don't care if the poem rhymes or not, but I try to make it rhyme.

• xxTaegan Emilyxx
    16 years ago

I love poems that are about lost love or love. its such a strong emotion and people trying to find the right words is moving. and for me poems have to rhyme
    taegan emily
    xx

• Kelsie
    16 years ago

I dont think just because a poem doesnt rhyme its not good, poems can be good depending on waht you like. for me a poem that i can feel the passion from catches my attention and makes me want to read more of the writers work.

• Nula
    16 years ago

Well my favorite poems are bout love, sadness, life n also slang poems, i really like to read them it can help u to think bout ur love life n life around u

• FTS Miles
    16 years ago

I've read a lot of poetry that I've enjoyed, and I've found that ultimately structures, rhyming, etc., do not necessarily dictate my enjoyment.

I do enjoy poetry that is creative in its use of wording, structure, nuance, rhyme, and other more technical facets, but ultimately what attracts me the most is poetry with evocative power, whether emotional or otherwise. An evocative poem is my definition of a good poem, regardless of whether it demonstrates good technicals.

• Romancing the Darker Side
    16 years ago

I hate poems with too much sturcture, and I usually prefer that they don't rhyme. I like creativity and imagery, and my favorite type is sad/fantasy.

• Dark Secrets
    16 years ago

It doesn't matter if they rhyme or not as long as I live the poem...

• SilentRebuke
    16 years ago

I tend to like poems that have a structered rhyme, but thats just me. As has been said before, I can appreciate non rhyming forms also. I mostly like dark or sad poems, the ones that really draw you in, make you catch your breath, and then look around you to see if anyone noticed. The poems that make me feel like I am right there, feeling everything the author is describing.

• VanityIllusions2
    16 years ago

I don't mind if poems ryhm or not i just don't like poems where they don't make one bit of sense.

• x0XBloodyFantasyX0x
    16 years ago

I like dark, and erotic poems mainly.

• Lethmelodis
    16 years ago

I prefer dark and subliminal poems, usually rhyming. I don't mind if a poem doesn't rhyme, but I find it easier to pick up a rhythm with a rhyme scheme. :)

• Christina
    16 years ago

I love love, depression and broken love poems lol idk y but those are my fave.....and sum times i like them to rhyme sumtimes no!

• Brittany
    16 years ago

I like love poems and sad poems.
    I do like rhyming if it's natural and unforced.
    Abstract poetry is good too.
    Either way, there's something interesting about it =)

• Stephanie Naylor
    16 years ago

Sad, lost love

explicit

• Lonely Rider
    16 years ago

I like sad poems and poems about life...

i prefer it if its rhyming.... and different....

• juliet
    15 years ago

Sad and dark
    i dont mind it to rhym
    as long it has a meaning to it
    im fine with it

• Blueleo
    15 years ago

I love the rhythmic release of emotion. It adds that dash of lightheartedness. They don't have to rhyme for me to enjoy them, but it just makes me feel better. Although, some poems, including some of my own, could really do without the rhyme because searching for the perfect rhyme sometimes limits the author and makes the poem lose a lot of its true meaning.

• David
    15 years ago

Darkness and love poems.

DJ