The Kite Runners

• Decayed
    12 years ago

New club in there co-managers and members are needed.

• Karla
    12 years ago

I like the name of your club Abed.

• Decayed
    12 years ago

Thanks Karla :)

well, Khaled Hosseini is a genius!

• Yakari Gabriel
    12 years ago

That's one good book.

• Decayed
    12 years ago

^ Exactly :)

My favorite novel of all time...................................

• Karla
    12 years ago

A fantastic book indeed.

• Decayed
    12 years ago

Indeed, I've never read anything like that before:

"Do you want me to run that kite for you?"

His Adam's apple rose and fell as he swallowed. The wind lifted his hair. I thought I saw him nod.

"For you, a thousand times over," I heard myself say.

Then I turned and ran.

It was only a smile, nothing more. It didn't make everything all right. It didn't make anything all right. Only a smile. A tiny thing. A leaf in the woods, shaking in the wake of a startled bird's flight.
    But I'll take it. With open arms. Because when spring comes, it melts the snow one flake at a time, and maybe I just witnessed the first flake melting.

I ran.

A grown man running with a swarm of screaming children. But I didn't care. I ran with the wind blowing in my face, and a smile as wide as the Valley of Panjsher on my lips.

I ran.

~ every-time I read this, I feel like really running along

• Karla
    12 years ago

Beautiful.

• Karla
    12 years ago

Quotes from The Kite Runner

"it always hurts more to have and lose than to not have in the first place."
    Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner

"There is a way to be good again..."

It was only a smile, nothing more. It didn't make everything all right. It didn't make ANYTHING all right. Only a smile. A tiny thing. A leaf in the woods, shaking in the wake of a startled bird's flight. But I'll take it. With open arms. Because when spring comes, it melts the snow one flake at a time, and maybe I just witnessed the first flake melting. - Amir"

"Time can be a greedy thing-sometimes it steals the details for itself."

"I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away."

"...there is a God, there always has been. I see him here, in the eyes of the people in this [hospital] corridor of desperation. This is the real house of God, this is where those who have lost God will find Him... there is a God, there has to be, and now I will pray, I will pray that He will forgive that I have neglected Him all of these years, forgive that I have betrayed, lied, and sinned with impunity only to turn to Him now in my hour of need. I pray that He is as merciful, benevolent, and gracious as His book says He is."

• Sunshine
    12 years ago

YEs one of the most inspiring books ever, if you haven't read " One Thousands Splendid suns" by him, you should do so right nooowww

(Y) triple likes

• Yakari Gabriel
    12 years ago

A thousands splendid suns, I love.

• Decayed
    12 years ago

^ I should read that whenever I find time. I've been told it's amazing also!

• silvershoes
    12 years ago

The Kite Runner, amazing book. I saw the film first, which I also thought was good.

• Nevi
    12 years ago

It was required reading my junior year in high school, and I got in trouble for reading ahead (finished it in like, a day lol) Amazing book. Amazing story. Great film.

I wish I could run kites

• Decayed
    12 years ago

I had more expectations of the movie... but it was great also.

-
    I used to run kites when I was like 7 years old. It felt great, but electric wires always had my kite destroyed :P

• Decayed
    12 years ago

----------------Ok, so now we're an official club.

Anyone interested, can join. Thanks.

• A lonely soul
    12 years ago

Nice name for a new club. Congratulations Abed.
    I loved flying kites too as a kid. Certain days we had competetion amongst us kids to see who would survive by cutting the kite string off of others by entangling them with their sharper specially treated kite thread. No diffferent than the spirit of competetion here sometimes! But, I wish you all the best to keep your kites flying high and mighty, to touch the blue sky and soar where no others dare to fly.

• Decayed
    12 years ago

Thankss :)
    Your words always affect me positively!