PnQ Poets

• Sai
    6 years ago

Hello! I'm fairly new here. Been reading some lovely poems but I'd love to be introduced to more amazing poets by the community itself. So if anyone would dare humor me:

1. Who's your favourite author on this site?
    2. Give three words that describe this person as a poet.
    3. What's your favourite poem by said person?
    4. Why do you like/love said poem?

I thought this would also be a nice way to show support and give recognition to certain authors. Any response would be highly appreciated. Thanks a thousand!

• silvershoes replied to Sai
    6 years ago

Hi, and welcome!

This is a tough one, but I have to say:
    1. Sibyllene
    2. Whimsical, Sensual, Concise
    3. Twin
    4. She wrote this poem in 2010 and I have been calling it my favorite poem on PnQ since then. The imagery of the forest is incredible. She captures a moment in time perfectly. Even rereading it now after so many times, it gives me a rush.

• Sai replied to silvershoes
    6 years ago

I see what you mean. She writes some incredble poetry. I've been on her page this past hour. Ha! It's a shame she hasn't been posting new stuff for quite a while.

• deeplydesturbed
    6 years ago

1. Who's your favourite author on this site? Ben Pickard
    2. Give three words that describe this person as a poet. Sonnet King, romantic, fantastic
    3. What's your favourite poem by said person? The Beat Is Worth The Effort (English sonnet)
    4. Why do you like/love said poem? It has everything, is beautifully written. Just amazing how much one person can be so tallented. And we have so many poets like this on this site.. theres so much tallent here..

• silvershoes
    6 years ago, updated 6 years ago

Ben is an incredible poet and he is the Sonnet King (you used 4 words, cheater! lol).

I wish Sibylline still posted poems too. I feel that way about several of my favorite poets. Abracadabra, nourayasmine, and Melissa (ID= 175195) are three other favorites who rarely posts poems these days. Boo :(

• Maple Tree
    6 years ago

1. Who's your favourite author on this site? I have so many.... however I have to say FTS Miles, the site says he hasn't been on in 12 years but that is not true, he last posted 2 years ago....and he posted my all time favorite by him!

2. Give three words that describe this person as a poet. Powerful, word, wizard

Final Appraisal (Pensamientos De Abuela)

4. Why do you like/love said poem? Mr Miles tossed me overboard with this poem....it made me cry, but in each line he makes the reader feel each word!

• Sai replied to deeplydesturbed
    6 years ago

I believe I have come across quite a few of Ben's poetry. My favourite so far by him is "How The Bluebells Resonate", just because of how it "resonated" with me (alright, I'll go home now :3). His proficiency with formed poetry is admirable. I, for one, don't have the patience and talent to manipulate such forms. And I agree, there's so much talent and positive light here.

• Sai replied to silvershoes
    6 years ago

Haha! I'll let the 4th word slide for now.

Oh wow those are three amazing ladies. I've had pockets of writer's block here and there since I started writing too. Sometimes certain life events could jolt the poet inside us awake again, especially if we started writing as a cheap form of therapy. That's kind of what happened to me anyway. Hopefully they start posting again soon.

• Sai replied to Maple Tree
    6 years ago

Thanks for sharing that poem. I lost my granddad this year and I think it's remarkable how poetry can still touch people even after all the years that passed since it was written. But also, it's such an accomplished write for being able to move even readers who are currently not going through what the writer is expressing.

• mossgirl19
    6 years ago

Hello, Sai. This is a great trend you've started. It's great to know our fellow poets' favorites!

1. Who's your favourite author on this site?
    Gary Jurechka.
    2. Give three words that describe this person as a poet.
    Humble. Artistic. Profound.
    It's a poem entitled To Mossgirl whom he wrote for me in 2006. (I was 15.) Sadly, he has already removed many of his poems here including that. My printed copy was lost to a storm which devastated our hometown (sad).
    4. Why do you like/love said poem?
    He was already a favorite here by that time and many fellow poets have written dedications for him, but he wrote this little poem for me. It was entirely unsolicited. The poem speaks of how a little girl can do great in poetry and life. It was his way to encourage me to write on.

But aside from this poem, you can check his pieces. Many of his pieces have been published. He has transferred operations to Facebook and still writes there. :-)

• Sai replied to mossgirl19
    6 years ago

Poems written for someone are some of the best. It is sad that you've lost your copy. I would've had loved to read it, but it seems the message was able to remain with you after so many years :) I'll be sure to read some of his work that are still on the site.

• deeplydesturbed replied to silvershoes
    6 years ago

Ahhh yes a lot of people are missing these days!! And sorry haha 4 words :(

• nouriguess replied to Sai
    6 years ago

1. Abby!
    2. Warm and ethereal and intimate
    3. Bapi in the Kitchen, Miss King is Fat, One With the Chickens (and many more, actually...)

Sibs, Jordan, Karla, Jane, Melissa and many others are my favourites!

• Shruti replied to Sai

1. Favorite author - Meme (id 205113)
    2. Tender, beautiful, amazing.
    3. He is a kite, Tell me about us, Cellophane, An old photo album, Anchorage, etc. Actually all!
    4. There is a certain kind of power in her words that leaves you so mesmerized! Just so beautiful.
    :)

• Britt
    6 years ago

1. Who's your favourite author on this site?: Melpomene

2. Give three words that describe this person as a poet.: Think-outside-the-box (that's one, right? ha!), artistic, strong.

3. What's your favourite poem by said person?: Literally every poem she's ever posted. I cannot choose a favorite.

4. Why do you like/love said poem? Her poetry brings out such strong emotions in me, it overwhelms my heart. She has amazing metaphors, and it's all just... it's good. <3

• Poet on the Piano
    6 years ago

Hello and welcome, Sai! Love this post.

Although, asking one of the most indecisive people on Planet Earth (such as myself) to pick a favorite poet... well, that's just beyond cruel *heavy, dramatic sigh* ;)

1. Noura
    2. Brave, compassionate, sincere
    3. "Day No. 6"
    4. I remember the day I read this, trying to imagine the depth of loss, of emptiness. That thirst that goes deeper than many of us know. This was the 6th day that Syria was without water or electricity. And again, Noura writes from her heart. No sugarcoating. Writing of the tragedy, of the yearning for her homeland.

• Jamie replied to Sai
    6 years ago

1. Darren

2. Weird, unique, imagination.

3. I always go on about the moonlight

4. I always love poems that are different, and this one stands out to me because of the imagery. Though you could say that about all of darrens poems. I love the story it tells, from beginning to end and to me it is gripping.

• Sunshine

1. Hiraeth ( Mark)
    2. Talented, professional, deep
    3. I won't be honest if I just randomly pick one of my favorites by Mark, so
    have a look yourself

http://www.poems-and-quotes.com/poets/503695/poems/latest?page=2

4. Why do you like/love said poem? > (POET :P )

Very deep and sensual, I admire how original his writings are
    and how he has his own print. I'm surely a big fan.

• pmmurphy
    6 years ago

can we pick ourself? :D I havnt been here long enough to really pick a favorite yet. I enjoy everyones work so far i don't really have a particular taste

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    6 years ago

1. Maple Tree
    2. Wise, kind, amazing
    3. There's a girl by Em it will make you cry as you visualize the suffering...

• silvershoes replied to -Choke-On-MY-Halo-
    6 years ago

Moira, I love that you picked Maple Tree as your favorite PnQ author, but a poem by Em as your favorite PnQ poem. It's probably fairly common to have a favorite poem by a different poet than your favorite poet. It's nice that you opened that door, so to speak.

• Em
    6 years ago

1. This is difficult as there's many I favour but their work is so diverse that I couldn't just pick one though I have made many friends here so I'd have to just say they know who they are but if I had to pick it'd have to be Andrea (maple tree) because our works/emotions seem to be in sync.

2. She's diverse (well, her poetry is), brave and empathetic.

3. Ok there's many of Andreas works that resonate with me and I couldn't pick one so I picked the one I can pretty much remember word for word as it was how I was feeling at the time too and the emotion I was gripped with I remember like it was yesterday: "this face of mine"

4. Because I remember how it gripped me with emotion and how much it resonated with me too. The words were just gripping and sublime.

• -Choke-On-MY-Halo- replied to silvershoes
    6 years ago

I love many poet's writings because everyone here is amazing but if I had to pick a favorite poem by maple tree it probably be shoebox i believe she wrote it. Don't get me wrong but Em's there's a girl just pulls your heart out and makes you just want to cry because it's realistic in this world in certain places it's common and that's why it was my favorite