What do you guys usually write about?

• xX the left behind Xx
    15 years ago

Hey..i was just wonderin..what do you guys usually write about?..because i usually write about the sad stuff i go through..i find it harder to write about the happy stuff that goes on in my life..possible..but just harder..is that ok?

• Dark Savior
    15 years ago

This is often times an emotional release for a lot of people. There are many people who consider that poetry, but a lot of times it's mere words on a piece of paper that a person was feeling about. Most of the time people don't even write poetry when they are happy, they just write about sad things, this is because they have trained themselves to do so.

I write better when I feel emotion. Happiness, Sadness, Anger, depression(used to be). You train yourself to only write when you are depressed then that is how you will start to think of idea's, I must become depressed to write about it.

I personally write about Dark/Sad poems. This is not because it's an emotional release, but it's a creative release for me. I am very much able to write love poems, I just prefer not to write about them.

For the most part it's Dark/Sad/Lost Love/anything I feel like at the time.

• Brittany C
    15 years ago

Hmm, I can write about anything if I wanted to. If I have a hard time writing something in the end it is usually one of my best poems.

Writing about something that you are feeling at the time does make it easier.

For the most part I write Love, Nature and some dark, and sad poems.

• BornAgainWriter
    15 years ago

I write about everything I encounter.
    Even if it's just waking up one morning and being a couch potato.
    My imagination takes me to a different place.

I even write about a bee sitting on a flower. :)

• ether
    15 years ago

This must be painfully obvious to anyone that reads my poems, but my Muse. That's really the only thing I can sucessfully write about nowa days.

• DarkCrystalbtrfy
    15 years ago

I usually write about restance to society, dark poems, poision, heaven and hell

If you have a natural ability to write about hte darker side of life go for it.

• Beautiful Disaster
    15 years ago

I write about whatever is on my mind. Usually when I write it's somewhat of a vent for me to get all the crap out

• john whalley
    15 years ago

I only write about what has gon on in my life like love and stuff but i can't think of any lol =S

• TheRevelation
    15 years ago

I'll write about anything that I have been thinking about hard enough and make it into a poem. Granted, they aren't that good when they don't involve love or pain, but trainging yourself to write others ways helps you progress as a writer.

• Wishmaster
    15 years ago

My emotion at the time. A lot of the time, I'm really P.O.'d and write about my anger and frustration.

the Raven

• Ed or Ian Henderson
    15 years ago

I try to avoid writing about my direct emotions. They're way too pliable even at my age, and I cringe at some of the stuff I wrote as a teen as much as I do at the stuff I see churned out here. I try to write about the world around me, or events I can reflect on with some sort of passage of time as a point of reference. This is not to say that spitting it out in your youth is a bad thing. Just bear in mind the phrase "forewarned is forearmed" when it comes to reding back something you wrote 20 years ago.

• Krathia
    15 years ago

I write about anything that comes to mind, usually something sad. For instance, I'm listening to Evanescence and I suddenly see this image in my head... well, I put that song on repeat and try to see more and more of it, then get home and start typing.

• Saving Grace
    15 years ago

I usually write what i feel, its pretty much the only way i have to get things off my chest. So most of mine are sad. Its just a way to vent

• AnCi
    15 years ago

I always wirte about something that i feel strongly about in that exact moment but mostlt it is the sad stuff...

• Lethmelodis
    15 years ago

Idk really. My overall focus has changed a lot since I've started writing. At first, its was just plain, pissed off, anti-authority teen angst crap. Then, it started being more introspective, overly dark and the like, then I hit a little love period, now I'm just writing about general dark stuff, like news stories I hear about, and personal opinions and expressions of my grim outlook on society.

So, I guess a bit of everything, but alot of nothing.

• Spirit
    15 years ago

I don't know, it just pops out of my head.

weird right

• BlackIris
    15 years ago

I usually write about love..
    My relationship with my girlfriend is just great, but I write sad stuff sometimes.. I don't know why!!

• Not Enough
    15 years ago

Well,,, Sad stuff juset seems more interesting, I think. I usually write sad stuff since everything happy that happens to me seems like it happens to everyone. Although I guess sad things happen to everyone too but it's just different. Love poems are hard to write, I think, becasue sometimes they get really boring since you don't even know the people which happens in my love poetry. But when they're sad it's like you care so much that you want to read them. Once you find something really happy then you'll probably want to write about it, but it doesn't matter if it's just sad for now.

• Nee
    15 years ago

I write about anything that inspires me..rarely love though.
    Sad stuff are the most popular here because people tend to put all their emotions in those sad pieces..but then when we come to think about emotions in other categories...we just miss the point of poetry.