I miss this place.

• BlueEyedMystery
    4 years ago

Hey guys, I haven’t been on the message boards here in a while. I do, however, get on every now and then to read through my old poems. They bring back so many memories. I was going through a very hard time when I first joined this website and it helped me express myself so much I will forever be grateful for that. I met so many amazing people and I can’t help but wonder how everyone is doing now. I hope all is well. xx

Btw, I’m always scared I’m going to try going to this website and it will be shut down and all my poems will be lost. I really hope that doesn’t happen. I know I need to go through them all and save them.

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Welcome home, Cace.

Couple of years ago Mark devised an auto download of all your poems. I have to look for it but perhaps someone has it handy?

• Poet on the Piano replied to BlueEyedMystery
    4 years ago

Hi, Cayce! I remember you from so many years ago, welcome back and hope you are doing well. I love that we have a place and community where we can look at older poems, reminisce, and see what has changed or how far we've come.

• prasanna replied to Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

In case anyone wanted to backup their poems:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UfjjKzeBSI-ZPPdZp7uIp-LSL3BEusuH/view?fbclid=IwAR0_s3D1LXDQiBcwrsmvSgxB8s7VM0gb0vmf8dPTnmZMzHjhBfbAdli4ktI

Download that, enter your numeric id and it'll create a zip file of all your poems & quotes.

Only works for windows. I did whip up a website but since it's being hosted for free it doesn't work right half the time lol

• Milly Hayward replied to BlueEyedMystery
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

Welcome back and thank you for raising a concern that a lot of members have been feeling recently. One of the things I love about the site is being able to read back poetry written over the years there are so many exceptional pieces and it would be horrible to think of them suddenly lost forever.

Thank you Hiraeth for providing that wonderful link I think there will be a lot of very grateful members sighing a sigh of relief myself included. Just have a quick question though - I tried your link and don't know how to find out what is my numeric ID. Milly x

• prasanna replied to Milly Hayward
    4 years ago

https://www.poems-and-quotes.com/poets/504267

is the link to your profile page, the numeric portion is the numeric id so for you it would be 504267 and you would enter that just like that and press enter

• Abstract Poet
    3 years ago

Welcome back to P&Q! I hope you do keep writing new poems I will visit you soon enough and read them. I know you don't know me but I always visit tons of poet writers on here. I have met some of them on here they have helped me out with my poetry. sometimes I had trouble with writing something especially with those forms I couldn't come up with the right words. I am glad that
    you are back on P&Q that is awesome.