Poetry Competition if Anyone's interested?

• Milly Hayward
    4 years ago

I'm away for a couple of weeks in a couple of days but I thought I would kick off a poetry competition and post the poems when I get back.

The challenge is to either create a magical or made up creature or write about an existing magical or mythical creature. In any situation
    that you like the more obscure the better.

It can be any theme from humorous or dark a love story or adventure. Rhymed or free verse but it must have no more than five stanzas. So a pretty broad canvas.
    Please let me know if you are interested in attempting the challenge because for judging its nice to have at least five poems to judge.

Best wishes Milly x

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Send them to you & they'll be judged anonymously when you post them?

• Milly Hayward replied to Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Sorry Larry yes that's what I meant. I think it's more exciting for people to judge when they don't know who it is that wrote it.

1. Send in submissions to me by midnight Saturday 22nd June
    2. I will post the poems anonymously either Sunday evening or on the Monday 24th for voting..
    3. Same voting principle as your recent competition First, Second and third
    4. Votes all in by Sunday 30th June for publication Monday 1st July

• Milly Hayward
    4 years ago

Just thought i would check if anyone is interested? I won't be here for the next week or so so if you don't get a reply don't worry. Milly x

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

i'm in - sounds magical

• Milly Hayward replied to Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Thanks Larry :) Look forward to reading your. I just need to rustle up some more interest Milly x

• Everlasting
    4 years ago

I’m interested though I can’t promise an entry.
    I will try though.

• Milly Hayward replied to Everlasting
    4 years ago

Everlasting thank you :) I hope you can it would be great to read it. Milly x

• D.
    4 years ago

Milly! Why didn’t you post this contest before I wrote my mythical creature poems! Haha. I go on holiday at the end of the weekend so I’ll try but I can’t promise I’ll be able to write anything brilliant.

Cool idea by the way

• CJ Maleney
    4 years ago

count me in my dear this is so up my street.

Craig x

• Milly Hayward
    4 years ago

The poems have started to come in which is great news.. Please continue to send them in to me and I'll collate and post for judging Monday 24th. Don't worry if you dont get an immediate response to messages - will respond when I get back. Milly x

• Poet on the Piano
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

Sounds great! I'm in, too ^_^

• Maple Tree
    4 years ago

Im slow....

Im in <3

• Star
    4 years ago

I am also in ^_^