Diaper Rash Contest - Results

• Everlasting
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

Thank you to everyone who participated with an entry as well as to those who voted. I enjoyed each of the entries.

Now, what we been waiting for, the winner is without a doubt Larry Chamberlin with his poem Trouble on the Poop Deck. Congratulations!

Here are the votes

Trouble on the Poop Deck by Larry Chamberlin 7 + 10+ 10 =27
    Underpants by Lainie Reay 7 + 10 + 4 = 21
    Diaper Land By Milly 10 + 4 = 14
    Power by Cryptic Sage 4 +7 = 11
    B itching by Milly 4 + 7 = 11

Thanks to all

• Larry Chamberlin replied to Everlasting
    4 years ago

Thanks, Luce for running this contest.

I guess the results mean I'm acknowledged to be full of it!

• Lainie Reay
    4 years ago

Well done Larry :)

Thank you for arranging this Everlasting :)

• Poet on the Piano
    4 years ago

I KNEW that was yours, Larry. So clever and hilarious. Congrats to all and many thanks to Luce, for hosting this!

• Milly Hayward

Huge thanks to Lucero for organising this hilarious competition. Congratulations Larry on a well deserved first place and to everyone who entered it was really a great competition with so much diversity and styles.. I did write just as a little feedback on what each of the poems meant to me as follows in order that they appeared for judging.

#2) Power
    The message from this poem is a strong one. if we all do our part we can make a change. Prosperity for all will come when corruption is done. I could imagine a rebel stood on a hill shouting out these words to the World shaking his/her fist in defiance.. Life sadly is poop for all but a few.
    --------------------------------------------
    #3) Trouble on the Poop Deck
    This started off in a historic tone which is what made it so pleasurable when the writer delivered that hefty humerus twist in stanza 2 Admiral Hornblower dropping a jewel worth of the deck that it did grease - was a real laugh out loud moment for me. From that point on I read with a huge smile on my face...Ingenious
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #5) Underpants
    I loved the humor in this poem and the jaunty rhyming rhythm. It sums up the fun in underpants and poop. It also reminds me of some pant humor that was doing the rounds a few years ago. Full of fun and audacity especially the last line. As I read it I could this as a brilliant kids skipping or clapping chant. A great hit it would be with kids.

• Ya----Na
    4 years ago

Congratulations Larry, Milly

• silvershoes

Congratulations, Larry! I was so taken by the title of your winning poem that I had to find it and read it. A win well deserved. Poetry runs in your genes ;)