A little rhyme for Christmas time( contest sign up)

• CJ Maleney
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

Hey up guys.

Firstly sorry for my distinct lack of attendance and input in recent months. I've had things to deal with and poetry has taken a side line, as sometimes it must.

However I've ran the Christmas rhyming contest for a couple of years now and it seems a shame not to try and do it again.

If anyone's fancies it please use this link as an expression of interest.

Rules as always are simple.

1. It must rhyme

2. It must tie into Christmas somehow, but don't think it has to be light and fluffy, (although light and fluffy make smiles).

3. Only those who enter can vote and voting will be via the normal contest point awarding system.

4. This bit is different.. Send your poems to me via Pm as I want all to be anonymous this year. So please don't post on your own profile until the results have been announced.

You all know I don't allow a massive amount of time for this, and year is just the same. I like the spontaneous nature of such.

Express your interest via Wednesday 11th of December here.

Then submit your poems on or before Monday 16th of December. Yeah I know it's not a lot of time, but your all brilliant so I know you can do it.

Entries will be posted as they arrive .

By Tuesday the 17th all entries should be posted.

All votes should be sent via pm to myself from 0001 hours gmt, from the 18th and voting will close on Sunday the 22nd at midnight. Again voting is to be anonymous and via pm to myself.

As per usual the winner will be posted on the morn of Christmas eve.

If I get 5 folks interested I'll run with this and I sincerely hope I get many more.

Regards to one and all

Craig

• Poet on the Piano replied to CJ Maleney
    4 years ago

This sounds fantastic, Craig! Thanks for doing this and I am definitely interested. I need to practice my rhymes, too :)

• CJ Maleney replied to Poet on the Piano
    4 years ago

Glad you are in, don't practise just let it flow. Rhymes just find their way once the initial idea forms.

Need more folks to express interest if it's to run though.

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

I'm in like fruitcake is out

• Maple Tree
    4 years ago

Larry give me the fruitcake LOVE IT!

Im in <3

• Obscure
    4 years ago

I'm in!

• Everlasting
    4 years ago

count me in.

• CJ Maleney
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

Brilliant guys, first poem submitted already

:-)

• Milly Hayward
    4 years ago

Sorry haven't been on site for a while. Count me in :)