• Everlasting replied to BOB GALLO
    1 year ago

^^ Said someone the other day on twitter

“ a UFO caught on tape”

https://mobile.twitter.com/ValaAfshar/status/506136854409019393

Is he a POET?

• BOB GALLO replied to Everlasting
    1 year ago, updated 1 year ago

Haha It is so funny Luce. I've never seen your humor so witty. What happened? the effect of those vitamin Ds?
    Your referring quote was totally relatable to the conclusion from mine; it was hilariously accurate and to the point. But two pointers:: First when I post a quote it is base on their being interesting, but not my total approval of them necessarily. The second, is this quote that you inspired::

Never allow your humor to outscale your desire for true understanding.

But humor also could be very powerful tool for understanding.

Nice one!!

1 year ago

Lol

I stopped taking vitamin D3 since January. Though it’s probably the other vitamins I’ve been taking. :D
    I feel more relaxed. Still achy here and there but nothing compared to how it was before.

Anyways, yes. I agree the quote about humor.

Oh let me see if I can find it. There’s a subreddit about stuff like that that talk basically about the truth. “Technically is the truth”. It can be pretty funny sometimes.

• Everlasting

Guys, if I ever lose control, this is the type I would like to lose…

https://www.reddit.com/r/technicallythetruth/comments/zdg6nv/i_had_to_do_it_im_sorry/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• ddavidd

Chase after the truth like hell
    you'll free yourself,
    even though you never touch its coat tails.

Clarence Darrow

• Sunshine
    1 year ago

"...unless I am myself, I am nobody."
    - Virgina Wolf

• ddavidd

"Justice
    is human ability to walk on both sides."
    AF.

"What sheds lights must endure burn."
    Unknown

• Ink
    1 year ago

If a saint knew they were one, a saint they'd cease to be

• BOB GALLO
    1 year ago

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

• ddavidd

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”
    _Friedrich Nietzsche

• BOB GALLO

"I had no role in my birth...
    And I have no role in my own death either....
    My role is only in my life!"
    _Goethe

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
    _Arthur Schopenhauer

• ddavidd

"In order for the truth to wear its boots, the lie has surrounded half of the world."
    _Winston Churchill

"I saw the graves of those who did not fight for their rights, lest they be killed!"
    _Ernesto Cheguara

• BOB GALLO
    4 months ago, updated 4 months ago

"Palestinians Are, The, Jerusalem."

dd.

• BOB GALLO
    3 months ago

I believe anyone without a certain amount of madness is insane.

dd

• BOB GALLO
    1 month ago

People sleep safe in their beds in the night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

• ddavidd replied to BOB GALLO
    1 month ago, updated 1 month ago

How could they sleep peacefully in real, Mr. Orwell, if they learn the "rough men" are committing genocide in the name of their "beauty sleep??"

• Sunshine replied to ddavidd
    1 month ago

Indeed

• BOB GALLO
    2 weeks ago

Our conscience aloofness is not as the result of our intellectual flaws. Most often it stems from our refusal to see things clearly. That refusal, is more, an unwritten agreement between our conscience and our consciousness. We put the constant nags of our imperative moral obligations to sleep, deliberately, out of a malignant convenience.

DD

2 weeks ago

I read this quote but there’s something troubling me. I’m not sure if it’s my ego speaking or if it’s something in the quote that isn’t clear or that perhaps I have different definitions?.

“Our conscience aloofness is not as the result of our intellectual flaws. “

^ can you define intellect for me? Or give me examples of intelectual flaws?

Most often it stems from our refusal to see things clearly.

^ for me, when I cannot see something clear is because my ignorance is immense. My intellect lacks info. I often thought that I couldn’t see clear without my glasses, so I thought my eyes were the problem. (hehe I still can’t see a clear picture without the glasses but if I have been in the area I can make up the images. I can use my other senses to make up for it somehow but I need prior exposure. So if I refuse to expose myself, I might not be able to see a clear pic without my glasses. On the other hand, I can just buy glasses to help me see clear or vice versa I can’t refuse the glasses.

But let’s say I didn’t know that exposing myself would give me a “ somehow”clear pic without glasses, then it wouldn’t be refusal per se… or may be it might but the reason behind the refusal changes… it would be due to fear…Not sure if I am making sense.

“That refusal, is more, an unwritten agreement between our conscience and our consciousness. “

Can you define conscience and consciousness?”

We put the constant nags of our imperative moral obligations to sleep, deliberately, out of a malignant convenience.

DD”