Taylor Swift Contest Results!!

• Larry Chamberlin
    1 year ago, updated 1 year ago

Congrats to the Winners!

Mr. Darcy, a prodigal son, returns to claim clear winner for 1st place, showing up on nearly every voter's ballot.
    Dino, also a returning poet, claims second place.
    Poet on the Piano, and Rania share a two-way tie for third place. [Edit}

Please post your poems so that I can nominate them
    Those named above, please designate which poems you want me to comment on (Michael 3, Dino 2, Poet on the Piano, Rania 1 each).

Place = poet swifty phrase Poem # title points = total
    1st Place = Mr. Darcy We gather stones, never knowing what they'll mean Poem #6 The haunting in the blood (acrostic) 1+2+1+1+3+2 = 10
    2nd Place = Dino They are the hunters, we are the foxes Poem #5 They are the hunters, we are the foxes 1+2+5 = 8
    3rd Place Tie = Poet on the Piano I think I’ve seen this film before and I didn’t like the ending Poem #1 The Great Expanse 3+3+1 = 7
    3rd Place Tie = Rania you drew stars around my scars Poem #7 - Stockholm 2+2+2+1 = 7
    Star Take me to the lakes where all the poets went to die Poem #4 Holding a candle to her shadow 3+3 = 6
    Everlasting Some things you just can't speak about Poem #3 Some things you just can’t speak about 2+1+2 = 5
    larry I’ve been the archer; I’ve been the prey Poem #2 Who Is the Victim 3+3 = 6
    The Parrott King Jordan R. Stephens You Shoulda Said No Poem #8 You Shoulda Said No 3 = 3

[Edited to correct my first grade addition error]

• Star replied to Larry Chamberlin
    1 year ago

What a challenge!!! Honestly enjoyed writing and reading all the poetry. Thank you so much for this Larry!!
    Thats an amazing win for sure, congrats Mr Darcy :)

• Dino Dhamphyr replied to Larry Chamberlin
    1 year ago

Wow! thanks to everyone who voted and congrats to all of the other winners.

• Everlasting
    1 year ago

Nice! Congratulations!

By the way,

3rd Place Tie = Everlasting Some things you just can't speak about Poem #3 Some things you just can’t speak about 2+1+2 = 7

Isn’t 2+1+2= 5? I mean i think this is something we can certainly speak about

• Mr. Darcy
    1 year ago

Wow, this was a pleasant surprise to wake up to!
    Thanks, Larry for this competition, it certainly encouraged us poets to step up.
    Thanks too to all contestants, runners up, and special thanks to those who voted for my entry.

• Larry Chamberlin replied to Everlasting
    1 year ago

Thank you

• Poet on the Piano
    1 year ago

Ahh, congrats to all! This was so much fun and I love the big reveal. Thanks a bunch, Larry!!

• Sunshine
    1 year ago

Thank you Larry for breaking my writer's block. Enjoyed this one a lot. Amazing poems by everyone.

• The Parrott King Jordan R. Stephens
    1 year ago, updated 1 year ago

Really nice work from everyone. That was a fun little exercise for someone who never writes anymore. Thanks!

• BOB GALLO replied to The Parrott King Jordan R. Stephens
    1 year ago

This competition was fine. I liked the idea.