do you...

• Just That Girl
    17 years ago

do you let your friends read all the poems that you write or just some of them? or do your friends have no idea that you write poetry...?

Personally i let my friends read most of the poems that i write.. but there are poems that i write that are soo stupid... mostly they are written in times of anger and frustration.. and they turn out to be so confusing 'cause i start mixing alot of topics together.. you know when your angry at somthing you tend to think about anther things that makes you angerier..

• PeopleLeave
    17 years ago

well, I tell them that I write but some of my friends are really not interested in reading my poetry. others want to read them all the time and I let them read most of them, exept the once that are really deep and that mean a lot to me. I think that my friends are proud of me and that i write poetry. The once who aren't read them and tell me there opinion. If they don't like them I listen to what they don't like but that doesn't mean that I cange them :-)) cause I love them. I mix topics too so I have the same problem as you. I even wrote some poems that no one understood becuase I was just writing what I was thinking no details. But all in all, yeah, I show my poems to my friends and let them read them, either they like them or not. But they come to me and ask me If they can read them so I don't force them.

• xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex
    17 years ago

And for me, my best friend and I have an on going joke. She is my 'Poem-Pimp' where as I am the 'Poem- Whore'.
    But, she is the only one that has read them all. A few other people hear some here and there, but that is it..
    That, and my boyfriend hears them all..
    Yeah...
    Hm..
    -Walks away-

xTheEcstasyOfSuicidex

• Void
    17 years ago

I don't show my family or friends, my personal poetry. Infact, I've got poetry I haven't shown you guys yet either...
    Some people know I write, some people don't. But ever since my friend found this site, word got out... I hate the way words travel in a small town sometimes. Though it's not a big deal, sometimes the ol' rumour mill makes situations worse than they already are.

But anyway, to answer your question... Only some of my poetry, and only to some of my friends.

• kori
    17 years ago

all of my friends are writers and poets also, so we all like to share together. and it helps a lot on improving and sometimes its better not to keep everything to yourself.

• Gem
    17 years ago

Two of my friends write as well and are new members on here but the only person who i'll let read ALL my poems is Marcus cos i trust him completely not to ridicule me.
    But Jenny and Chris (the new members) give me feedback on the ones i post on the site so it's nice.
    Peace x

• Natalie
    17 years ago

Most of my friends don't know that I even write. If I told them, they would most likely think I was joking. Cause they don't really see me as the writing type of person. =/

A couple of them know though. I don't let them read my poetry though. But some know. :]

• Lovely Bones
    17 years ago

My friends know that I love to read, but I don't think they see me as a writing type. Of course, they're too busy with their immature boyfriends to notice or even care, so no. I pretty much just like to keep to myself about things like my poetry.

• Gary Jurechka
    17 years ago

For some odd reason I don't show my family the poems I write, yet I'll let anyone else in the world read them.

Gary Jurechka

• Christie
    17 years ago

only my twin sister knows about my poetry and has read many as she knows about my account here, and i think has favourited it. =P

noone outside her has ever read any, except my boyfriend which of course i trust with them.

i would have real issues with having even my closest friends stumble across my poems here.

• Lori Groth
    17 years ago

my friends kno i write poetry and i've actualyl gotten some into it... there are poems i have tha ti dotn post for anyone cuz i think they are silly... but when i do get a good poem down i am excited and want all my friend to read it!!! its a real accomplishment!

• Just That Girl
    17 years ago

^^^ that's how i feel tooo!!

• Tara Kay
    17 years ago

i show my bestest friend all my poems, because she knows me so well, and she understands me and what i write.
    My family know i write but they don't seem interested in reading them.

• Tammy
    17 years ago

My big brother reads every poem I write.

I like to think of it as my pay back to him for making me listen to him all the time while he learned to play guitar..LMAO

• BECCA lessTHANthree
    17 years ago

well some of my friends are already on this site and those are the ones that see it.. i dont let anybody else read them because for someone who knows nothing about writing i dont think can appreciate it as much as the writers on this site who understand writing a little bit more

• Jen
    17 years ago

I show some of my friends all my poems but theres only a select few i will do this with, because some of them i dont trust to read them and not slate them, plus alot of my feelings go into the poems and theres only a certain few people i tell everythin to and trust with my feelings.
    as Gem said above she knows me and Chris, Chris is my best mate and he can read all my poems cos i trust him with my feelings and maybe even my life, and Gem can read them all because i do trust her not to pointlessly call them and she will respect the feelings and time that went into them.
    And also John because hes a close friend and knows how hard i find it to show people my emotions.
    however i do have friends that just call me emo for writing poems so yeh i dont really like showing my poems to those select few.

~*~Jen~*~

• Cancerous
    17 years ago

See at lunch when I am with my friends I write poetry, I dont really show them because..
    1.They dont care
    2. my poetry is somewhat dark and they dont like dark.
    So ya I really dont show them, if I did they will think somethings wrong with me I mean poetry is emotions, but mostly they dont really care -.-

• Shædow Poet
    17 years ago

Barely any of my friends know I wrote. Only one has known my poems-and-quotes site. I'm quite secretive about it

• emmerz
    17 years ago

not alot of friends know i write. ive been writing poems and lyrics for almost three years now, and my friends and family JUST found out i do it. i had a poems-and-quotes page up on the computer with a poem i was working on on it, and she saw it and figured it out lol. but i mean, she wants me to share it all with her, but one reason i write is because i cant or wont share it with other people. if i write a poem that im really proud of, i might show my BEST friend...but thats about it :P
    i think it's easier sharing something with someone you dont know because they have no other opinion of you other than what you write.
    Emily

• Truest Lies
    17 years ago

My sister can read my poetry, she has the website address, but she doesn't bother, and I stop telling her when I post a new poem.
    I printed out a few of my best and showed them to my mum, and she was like "uh, cute" and didn't say anything else, so... well, I don't bother anymore, I guess. I can tell that people wouldn't care, so basically I've stopped wasting their time.

//T.L.//

• Hatori
    17 years ago

My friends used to never know that I wrote poetry, 'till I registered on this site and they found that I did. They have read only some of my poems... I keep the rest in a silver tin :D.

• Romancing the Darker Side
    17 years ago

I let my friends read every poem I have, and I like feedback, and all of them say they are very good except for one who doesn't know what it's like to feel depressed so it gets confusing for her I guess...

• Gauraw Patil
    17 years ago

Nope... Most of my friends, even my parents & bro do not know that I write poems... Some friends of mine have read some of my poems... Most of the poems I write express my feelings about my love... I'm scared to tell her that I love her... So, I describe my feeling through poems...

• apoet
    17 years ago

They read some of my funny/comedy poems, but I usually keep my serious stuff to myself. If they want to read it, then that's fine, but I don't want to push anyone to read my stuff, you know?

• Afraid of the Dark
    17 years ago

I dont really tell any one. . . especially my parents lol. . .but they found out i do write on this website recently. . . AND they got my password. . .which really pisses me off. . .can i change it??

• SomewhereAmongThePieces
    17 years ago

My best friend actually brought me to this site in the first place. So she can read my poems at her leisure. However, she's the only one. I prefer to keep my poems to myself (and I suppose people who don't know me) because it gives me freedom to say whatever I'm thinking or feeling without worrying about anybody freaking out about it. My parents know I write things on this site but I told them it's all nonsense so don't even bother reading my stuff- and they havn't.
    _Tiffany_

• N J Thornton
    17 years ago

My closest friend of 15 years knows, but doesn't read it.
    My parents know, but don't read anymore.
    My Fiance knows, and reads occasionally (one in every 15 poems)

Everyone else I know such as other friends; collegues, have no idea. They just think I'm a dumb blonde (oh yeah, I am).
    If they did I know they'd request to read one, and I hate attention. Plus, I doubt they'd understand them. Anyone who's ever read one of my poems will know what I mean.

My parents stopped reading because I was sick of responses like "ok...what's that mean?" and "can't you write anything I can understand?"

I'm not ashamed of poetry, I just don't want the attention. That's why online, where no one actually knows who I am, is ideal.

So there you go...that's my secret....
    Next I'll tell you all my real name....:) Haha.

• Kelsie
    16 years ago

I dont go around telling everyone about my writing but like. i have shared with the people i am closest with and they really dig it. they are really cool about it. and even tho when i do show them some, i have not shown them all because i dont know. i like when people read poems who dont know me personally, and some who do know me personally, it give you feedback from both of the groups. i dunno. thats just me.

• Katrina
    16 years ago

No i do not i let one friend read it beacuse i trust her my other ones would just laugh about it

• Viola
    16 years ago

No, actually I do not. I keep most of my poems to myself..besides the people on this site. Most of my friends don't even know I write except maybe 3 or 4. And from those who do know only 2 have read a very selected few of my poems. Generally though I don't let anyone read them..I just find my poems are too personal and I don't want someone who's in my daily life to read them and know.
    It's strange but as Gary said previously:

"For some odd reason I don't show my family the poems I write, yet I'll let anyone else in the world read them."

--Viola

• HisBlueEyedAngel
    16 years ago

I have two friends who know that I write poems. My boyfriend knows and he reads them because I don't care and he is a user on here to. My other friend has a account and has read all my poems. I let who ever wants to read my stuff it doesn't bug me at all.

• Vane
    16 years ago

I dont let them read it i feel like some of the things i write are too personal that i cant tell them...

• Rachel
    16 years ago

I usually only let my two best friends read mine, except for when i write about them. but most people dont even know i write poetry

• Independence Forever
    16 years ago

My friends can't keep up with all the poems i write

• XxBR0K3NxX
    16 years ago

Ii ONLY LET THEM READ SOME. VERY FEW OF MY FRiiENDS [[MEANiiNG 1 OR 2 OF THEM]] HAVE READ ALL MY POEMS. SOME DONT EVEN KNOW ii WRiiTE. iiTS UP TO YOU WETHER YOU WANT PEOPLE READiiNG YOUR POEMS OR NOT.

• JAZMIN
    16 years ago

Alot of my friends dont know that i write poetry...
    i have been writing for 5 years and actually i just told my family that i write poetry...they were impressed and said that i have talent... the only people that read them are people in here and my boyfriend... some my sister reads...but not all...i like to keep poetry as my own thing...

• Lonely Rider
    16 years ago

No except two or three friends nobody knows that i write poetry...
    i let them read only when i really need some review/feedback...otherwise not....

• Dark Secrets
    15 years ago

There is one friend who knows about this, she's on the site too... thats about it. I actually started writing on this site cause I'm not very good at expressing feelings and poetry helps a lot. Anywayz, the rest of the friends aren't into poetry

• Lacie
    15 years ago

My family found out about this sight i didnt want them to becasue some of my poems have to do with suaside and death and stoff and they say they never knew that about me. Its becasue they never cared untill now.
    So i kinda just hide it from them like if they call asking for the sight name i just say i forgot.
    But thats my own problems

[~lacie~]

• Choose xX Alex Xx Life
    15 years ago

There is one person who knows I write... To everyone else I draw =)