Rate Yourself?

• shadowcat
    16 years ago

Heyy,
    If you could rate your self out of 5 as a poet, what would you rate yourself?

Sihinta xx

• Tricky Daze
    16 years ago

Telling something more than 1,5 for me would be an insult to the REAL poets

• sibyllene
    16 years ago

If I rated everyone on this site, I'd probably give myself a 4, in comparison. But out of all the poets in the world... I'd be happy with a 2.

• Veamm
    16 years ago

For me i don't really know but i think for me 3.5

• White Chocolate Dynamite
    16 years ago

I say a 4 for me, not bad for a guy lol. we tend to have different kinds of emmotion.

• Bre Monique
    16 years ago

I would like to say a 4 because I know I'm not perfect but I strive to leave the reader with some type of emotion and I think most of my poems do that

• Sumit Ojha
    16 years ago

I would like to give myself 2/5 because I know I'm not perfect in english... In the real my english is very poor... I know few words of this language

• Rose not your average
    16 years ago

I dont know 4.5 beacuse i dont believe i am the best but have come a far way since i started!

• Katrina
    16 years ago

3 i dont know

• HisBlueEyedAngel
    16 years ago

I don't know myself since I don't think I am good a 3. But who knows I have people tell me I am good.

• Karl Wild GG23
    16 years ago

Elisabetta I couldn't agree more with you, the more we write the greater we'll become, never settle for decent. GG23

• Normal is the Watchword
    16 years ago

1.2-1.7

There

• Lost Soul 691
    16 years ago

I wouldn't rate. Everyone has a different style and personal preferences and I for one can see good in everyone's writing, depending on the poem and taking it into context with other factors relative to writer. I also enjoy reading works that you know has taken the writer out of their realm even when you know it's not their best work.

• silvershoes
    16 years ago

5 in comparison to the poets of this site as a whole. 2-3 in comparison to the better poets of this site. And 1.5 (at most) in comparison to poets of the world.

• silvershoes
    16 years ago

Oops, I thought the scale was 1-10. My bad.

• Oceansoul
    16 years ago

some poems maybe 2

• Nuh
    16 years ago

I suck!
    so 2.5 lolz

• Debbie
    16 years ago

• Ciandestine
    16 years ago

1 im a beginner

• Viola
    16 years ago

Even real famous poets can not be a perfect 5. So what sense does it make that a 16 year old teenager that has only written for about 3 years deserves anything near that? Well, it doesn't.
    Maybe a 1 (though I do love my poems, don't get me wrong, it still does not deserve such a high rating).

--Viola

• Deana
    16 years ago

I couldn`t come up with a number,but I guess it does depend on who you are comparing it to. I think some people underestimate themselves.

• Hatori
    16 years ago

I'd be a -1/5

(That's a negative sign)

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

Nobody deserves to be rated.

Everyone should understand that what you write should help you get in tune with your own emotions, and in the end, that's all that counts.

What other people think doesn't matter, and what you think you should think because you think it matters what other people think you think, doesn't matter (whew!).

So I don't believe in all this fancy-schmancy self-rating, because it's either a sign of low-self esteem or high self-esteem.

=]

• Gem
    16 years ago

Out of over 8000 votes, i'm 4.4 on this site

I don't think i'm anywhere near that in reality!! lmao
    Below a two at the best!

*Gem*

• Catastrophic Beauty
    16 years ago

I'm 4.7 on this site but I think I'm like 3.5.

• Brittney Follett
    16 years ago

Everyone is so modest o.o

Lets put this into scale

your effort, your time, your emotions, your style, your mind

i give my self a 3.0 for effort. I just wing it most of the time

i give my self a 2.0 for time. I hurry through these things

i give my self a 0.0 for emotions on most of my poems

i give myself a 3.0 for style, i'm average

i give myself a 5.0 for mind I write the weirdest stuff(The Creator's Game)

Overall.. Not looking at profesinal writing.. I give my self a 3-4 .. I'll get better :)

• NyellMoonlight
    16 years ago

Well, that depends... Everybody on this page gave themselves low rates, compared to the all poets through the history, but I don't agree with that. There are a lot of people (my younger brother, for example) that are too modest even to call themselves a poets, but I enjoy and like their work more than all pieces from some well- known poets. My point is, that the personal taste is the most important thing.
    By the way, I can't rate myself... For me, the numbers are nothing in front of the words.

• Jiahao
    16 years ago

How dare we discuss the ability of a poet ? Is inspiration not essential for a quality poem ?

The sweat of a poet ,
    the foolishness of one ,

A beautiful poem made ,
    the stench of sweat behind .

The inspiration ,
    not pespiration ,
    beholds a poem so true .

Hold back your rhyming
    and put the beat in running ,
    the beat of rhymes ,
    the nature that drives ,
    the inspiration all behind it .

• Jiahao
    16 years ago

Indeed . But how many shall appreciate the boldness of a poem ?

• Jiahao
    16 years ago

That , was not my point . It is very well , tempting to suggest that a true poem, that , to say a fantastic one , would be one whoose inspiration runs through it completely . I , sad to say , has yet to seen such poem which flows so brilliantly , it's inspiration manifest .

• Alex Marlatt
    16 years ago

I am no Goethe but I consider myself reasonably good at poetry. I would give myself a four.

• Rachel
    16 years ago

I actually sort of enjoy my poetry but I dont think I'm THAT great, I'd give myelf about a 3 or 3.5

• Richard Machado
    16 years ago

I would say somewhere around a 1.5, because I am not a horrible writer, but I look at my work and see an endless expanse for improvment and emotion to which currently is ineffable with the mind patterns that plague me today.

But, I'm sure if my poetry was matched up against true poetry it would be more around a .5

• Choose xX Alex Xx Life
    16 years ago

In the world like a 1 and thats falattering myself, compared to poets on here about 3.5 i think ?

• Lesbian Natalie
    16 years ago

Guess what?? My poem, Don't Compare Me By:Natalie Heym is now in the book, Inspirations!!! YAY!!!!

• gack60
    16 years ago

I guess if i rated myself i would say 2 because i only write about things that are personal to me and my life which is where i get my inspiration.

• swill
    16 years ago

Wouldn't us rating us also be GREATLY varying depending on what benchmark we use to rate?

On this site, I'd say I'm in the top 80% of quality.
    In the world, forgetting the Poes and Whitmans, I'm pimple poetry.

I don't understand how you can rate someone on 5?! I mean....what does 5 mean anyway? Is there anything like a 5 poem? with no scope of improvement? a 4 on 5? Alright, so, you're giving me a four...but what's the FIVE you're giving me a four with respect to?!

• bequi
    16 years ago

I rate my self 5 for writing a poem, but 3 as a poet!!!

simply because i work with my poems so hard,
    i put my heart in doing it.
    my emotion.
    my everything in it.

and i would only be able to create a poem if im in a whatever emotion.. but i dont call myself as poet, since its not my profession, im doing it if i feeL doing it.

• Lethmelodis
    16 years ago

I'd rate myself a 1, because then I could view things in a grander scale and realize I can always improve, even when others view me as a 4 or 5 - I could still always become better.

• Kaz
    16 years ago

MaYBE 4.5...