Which is better?

• lish
    16 years ago

Writing a poem about your feelings or writing a poem about things youve seen.

• silvershoes
    16 years ago

Writing down your feelings is very good therapy (or whatever you want to call it). Writing is a healthy way to vent and relieve strong emotions. Putting to paper your feelings also allows others to read your work (if you choose to share it), and relate to you, perhaps so they don't feel so alone in their 'problems.' It's nice knowing someone 'out there' feels the same, ya know? Then again, writing about things you see can broaden awareness, help to inspire, and make change--in the bigger picture. Writing down things you have seen can also give something for others to relate to...

Eh, yep.

• IdTakeABulletForYou
    16 years ago

Feelings, because it is more soothing.

• Veamm
    16 years ago

Feelings..

• njabulo b
    16 years ago

Yeah!...feelings and what u know or seen

• Tricky Daze
    16 years ago

None..I write about common stories

• HopefulxRomantic
    16 years ago

Not always one to go against the grain, but I actually find writing about what you've seen quite effective. You can pretty much guarantee that whatever you've felt, a dozen or so poets have felt the same and written something about it. But every eye is unique in what it's seen, and every mind is unique in how it interprets that picture. If you know how to describe things with an air of the almost-ambiguous, you can create a very unorthodox and experimental piece of poetry.

• Sweet Fragility
    16 years ago

Common subjects, for me anyway.

• SunDown Sky
    16 years ago

Which is better,.. dont think u can chose which is better, all subjects have their role,.. i usually write about my own feelings, mistakes or whatever.

• claire
    16 years ago

You dont have to do one or the other - a ot of my poetry is feelings about things ive seen

• Boy
    16 years ago

Feelings or things both are good and acceptable.

• X l i l T a n i X
    16 years ago

I think feelings is better cause you can expres your self

• Baby Rainbow
    16 years ago

I think the effort put into the poem will make it better than what the content is

• Rachel
    16 years ago

Feelings, but it depends on the poem. If you're better at poems about things you've seen then write about that.

• Hazel
    16 years ago

I think Bob Shank's response was a very intelligent answer.

• Grey Ajurahck
    16 years ago

I also think Bob nailed it. Though I tend to write more about my feelings, the two (your feelings and things you've seen/experienced) can be easily combined in the same poem or can be written about seperately, it just depends on how you want to approach it and how you choose to express it. Nuff said.

Grey Ajurahck

• xXMohawkedMahemXx
    16 years ago

Both... much better... because deciding between them would be hard.. lol
    xxx=]

• MysticBlood
    16 years ago

For me, feelings...
    It's a very healthy way to vent out your emotions. And most of us do not really show how we truly feel, we only express our feelings through poetry.

• leena
    16 years ago

I think that writing a poem about my feelings is better..the poem will be more "deep and strong" and maybe i can let the reader feel the same way i feel or felt...

• xXxUNOxXx
    16 years ago

Things you've seen

• Big hersh
    16 years ago

I would like to write about my feelings

• Big hersh
    16 years ago

But i also like to write about what i have seen they are both good topics to write about

• Baby Rainbow
    16 years ago

Depends on if you mean to read or write, i think feelings is good for the writer because its a good relase x

• Big hersh
    16 years ago

Write what you like the most

• Nicole the Fairy
    16 years ago

I dunno actually.
    Depends on my mood.
    I like to sway towards feelings, but still I love describing scenery and/or events.
    But these are also just two aspects - what about the others??
    Also what about the the different point of views?
    First person/Second person/Third person/Narrator..

These, to me, also affect what I write about.

;]

• homebound
    16 years ago

Feelings! However one may be more powerful than the other. it really depends. But something you see you can put any way you want where as feelings have a more truthful meaning because you cant change what you feel

• country girl
    15 years ago

Feelings.... cuz they happen all the time...... and they have more meaning

• Sourav
    15 years ago

If you are in serious writing or want to take it seriously then you have to write on different subjects. Writing on own feelings is all right all of us do that some time or other but one should look beyond that for serious poetry.

• XxBR0K3NxX
    15 years ago

Ii WOULD SAY -BOTH-.
    FEELiiNGS ARE GOOD AND THiiNGS YOU
    SEE MAKES A GOOD POEM AS WELL.

• your love is mine
    15 years ago

Honestly I think that they are the same because before you experience it you see it(unless it's sex but who knows you may have seen people having sex) anyway Yea I think they are the same

• dandelion
    15 years ago

I think.. about my feelings.. that way i can express myself and let others know that.

• TheRevelation
    15 years ago

Both.

• Dark Secrets
    15 years ago

It depends on how much it affected your feelings more than how it happened or who it happened to.

• Jaymes Haze
    15 years ago

I can't make a judgement on that.
    Both are good, a fusion of the two is also good.

• Silent Voice and Tender Heart
    15 years ago

Truthfully, I think both is good. I write mostly from my feelings but I have been known to write what I have seen. There is no right or wrong answer!

• Poploop xD
    15 years ago

Writing about your feelings, :')

• Natalie
    15 years ago

Well, I'd say it depends on what u mean by better! Better for what?

I believe both are just as credible, useful and entertaining!! :)

• The Angel of Secrets
    15 years ago

Feelings no doubt

Feelings about what you have seen

It's worse

• David ODonnell
    15 years ago

How about writting about what you have seen and how it made you feel? would that be some all together super poem!!

• Vix
    15 years ago

Writing a poem about your feelings or writing a poem about things youve seen.

Dont you have feelings about what you've seen or see things a certian way because of things you feel?

Agree with the post above, really.