Contest, Contest! Dream Travel Contest.

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago, updated 4 years ago

Travel Contest

Write a poem about somewhere you have been or would like to go to.

5 points for each stanza up to three (max 15 points; minimum 3 lines per stanza)
    5 points for describing your favorite feature of the destination
    5 points for basic rhyming (_a_a, _b_b, etc)
    10 points for double rhyming (abab, cdcd, etc) [Note: you get 5 points for basic rhyming PLUS 10 points if you double rhyme]

Points can be combined so that 40 total add-on points are possible.

Members will vote and points assigned as follows: 1st choice = 15 points, 2nd choice = 10 points, 3rd choice = 5 points.

Send the poms to me by PM by Friday 17 May 2019 & do not post here or on your page until after the round is finished.
    If there are enough entries we can progress to multiple rounds.

• Everlasting

Are those points extra points? Or are those the way the poem will be judge? Is the contest going to be a vote contest?

• Milly Hayward replied to Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Count me in :) Milly x

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

There will be voting by the members for points. These points will be added to the total & could easily determine the outcome.

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Already received the first entry & it’s excellent!

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Two entries in
    Points are mounting

• ddavidd

According to some, "Free-verse", also is considered to be a form. If the case, how one could implement some rhyme to something that is born to deny rhyme, to begin with?

• ddavidd
    4 years ago

Too bad, I had an unpublished poem about London, but it is not formed. Unfortunately. Under these conditions, I cannot write. I would get an asthma attack, how spoiled I am.
    Form poetry is not my forte either, I tried, I had some success, especially in my own language. I put it aside because it stops, it shortens, my poetical circuit in every given time. ~~Taps on my claustrophobia.~~
    Though I like reading them occasionally.
    And that is what I am going to do here.

• Sunshine replied to ddavidd
    4 years ago

^ lol

Maybe submit your poem with some edits and give it a go!

• Larry Chamberlin replied to ddavidd
    4 years ago

The rhymes and formed are for extra points. Give it a go anyway.

• Larry Chamberlin

We have several entries.

Still looking for yours!

As for the points: observe that a three-stanza poem, without rhyme or form, which tells the story, is still worth 20 points. Add a couple of votes from the group & it could easily be in first place.

• ddavidd replied to Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Thanks, but my piece is too long. Maybe I can summarize it, I don't know. I'll think about it

• CJ Maleney
    4 years ago

Last minute entry submitted

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

I have received a couple of requests to extend this contest one week. Unless there is opposition I am inclined to allow it. If anyone feels their piece was rushed, feel free to revise it, although I think they are all pretty good.

• CJ Maleney replied to Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Cool

• Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

Tomorrow is the final day for entry.
    We have six so far, and I want to thank the entrants for adding to my bucket list!

• Christine Joy Olmilla replied to Larry Chamberlin
    4 years ago

May I join???

• Everlasting replied to Christine Joy Olmilla
    4 years ago

Unfortunately, this contest has expired. The winners have been announced in a separate thread. However, there’s another contest taking place on another thread. Here is the link

https://www.poems-and-quotes.com/threads/147196

You are more than welcome to join us!