Baby Rainbow :)

• Baby Rainbow
    3 years ago

Hello Everyone!

Very very very long time no speak!

I have no idea who will still be around or what name you might have been under then, but would be nice to know some of you are still around!

I really did not like the site change, and still dont, LOL!

I am in the middle of typing up so many of my older poems which I found in journals (2018/19) and need to get typed up and saved etc, so apologies for the multitude of poems I am about to upload. None of them are new, as I do not write very often now, but perhaps coming back on here will inspire me to write some new styles!

I hope you are doing well, and I hope some of you are still around! This used to be such a busy site!

Are there still clubs? Do you still do competitions and judging haha, those were the days!

Saffie :)

• prasanna replied to Baby Rainbow
    3 years ago

Very glad to see you around again!

I've gotten used to the site change but still sort of miss the old site, there are clubs still but only if you were part of one, there's no way to join since Janis left the site in a half-updated state. There's been the odd contest posted here and there on the main forums, and there are still judging for the site but currently there's only one judge.

I used to go by the name Senyru on here.

• Maple Tree
    3 years ago

Hello sweet Saffie <3 I am still here <3

• Poet on the Piano replied to Baby Rainbow
    3 years ago

SAFFIE! So glad to see you here. The other day, I was reading old comments and completely forgot that we used to have a rating/voting system 1-5. How times have changed lol. But I will forever remember the creativity you inspired with your countless prompts and lists!

Can't wait to read more of your poetry, and it's still a treasure, even if they're not recent.

WELCOME BACK <3

• Star
    3 years ago, updated 3 years ago

Soooo good to see you back ^_^

• Sunshine replied to Baby Rainbow
    3 years ago

WELCOME BACK SAFFIE <3

• Ben Pickard
    3 years ago

Welcome back. Rainbow Writers was the first club I joined in 2015 and you were extremely warm and welcoming to me, Saffie.

• Larry Chamberlin
    3 years ago

Well to hear from you! I hope you can restart some of your shenanigans & prompts again!

As for the site, we still have a long list of Janis-to-dos. He told us in March of 2017 that he'd be back in that April.
    Obviously we're still waiting.

• Everlasting
    3 years ago

Welcome back! I’m glad to know you are okay.

• Baby Rainbow
    3 years ago

I am still so confused ???? it doesn’t take much I know!

So... the weekly contests don’t happen anymore ?

Do we not vote on poems any more or get awards for best /most commenting etc? (1-5)

All I can see are buttons for like dislike or what I am unsure of as a love heart or facebook type link?

Who knew all those times we complained to get an upgraded site would leave me wishing fo the old boring ancient site haha!

It’s so quiet ... I must try to liven up the place lol

• cassie hughes
    3 years ago, updated 3 years ago

Good to see you again Saffie! I have only just begun posting again after a long break myself and find I miss the old club challenges a lot. Rainbow writers was such a great group to be in. I tend to just pop in and out occasionally now.

• Mr. Darcy
    3 years ago

Hello Saffie,
    Welcome home! I know the desktop looks strange, but us addicts are, on the whole, here and continue to get our hits! I'm an all or nothing guy, so I'm all in for now. You can tell, my pupils are the size of dinner plates! :)
    The weekly contests happen with or without judges. Obviously, they are better with them. Fewer members equals fewer judges!
    Anyway, lovely to see you here again.

• Poet on the Piano replied to Baby Rainbow
    3 years ago

Hi, again! I realized I mentioned some things without further explaining lol. My bad!

As Mr. Darcy stated, the weekly contest still happens. Even if we don't have anyone volunteering to judge, the site will randomly pick 3 poems to be on the front page. We've only had a few volunteer judges recently, and have changed the term over the years. It's currently a 3 month commitment we ask for.

The awards are still in place, but the voting system is no longer present. Instead, we have a "like" or "dislike" option, reminiscent of Facebook, which will just show a number next to it and show if anyone has "liked" your poem, anonymously though unless they choose to comment. It doesn't do much else other than serve the purpose of knowing your poem has been "seen" and appreciated. You can add poems to your favorite lists but there isn't much else.

I know it's sad news about the clubs and there's so much we are unable to enact without the help of Janis.

Just know you're allowed to complain, I will listen haha. And if there's any questions regarding anything else about the new site, please ask!

Happy to see you here again!! Can't express that enough :)

• Baby Rainbow replied to Poet on the Piano
    3 years ago

Thank you! I think I am finding my way. It really is such a big difference , I should have just stayed and worked through the changes , I would be use to it by now haha

It does feel weird not hitting the 1-5 voting though haha!

Have been slowly catching up with some reading - it’s funny how some people can still sound the same ????

• Ben Pickard replied to Baby Rainbow
    3 years ago

Saffie, I felt the same. I absolutely hate change of any kind, so when the site was given a makeover, I didn't like it at all - it felt cold and charmless. To be honest, though, you do get used to it. In time, I realised it wasn't about what colour the screen was, but rather the poetry and the poets.